Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Thermal Vision Idea and other wacky ideas
Thermal Vision Idea and other wacky ideas
Jun 5 2010, 6:29 pm
By: Tempz  

Jun 5 2010, 6:29 pm Tempz Post #1

Since this is still very experimental It might not completely work....

Thermal Vision - Having an overlay for each doodad, terrain, and everything else then putting any units with a overlay (unit or doodad - not sure which will work better) then when you press thermal vision button then the unit overlay overlaps everything becomes one color (preferably Green or Grey), and anything that can be killed becomes white... to make sure that there's no glitch/lagging there should be a distance tolerance in which it only works for part of the map...

Adrenaline Meter/Time Slower - By having everything around you slowed down you seem to move faster
- Still Trying to figure this one out and if its possible without major glitching
- If you alone were to just be sped up then it'll be more micro intensive and raise the difficulty so =/

Flying Simulation - By using a flying unit like Mutas, Void Rays, And of course BANSHEEEEEEEE then putting it into a fps type thing then you can actually make a flight simulation

Physics
- By detecting whatever is under a unit you can run its speed, its jump velocity, and essentially create a unqiue physics game such as skate boarding, a nice racing game, ect...

Size Morph - By having the unit morph into something else you can have one unit slightly larger then the other and then you switch the larger and smaller ones constantly to make a Pokemon like morph

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2010, 9:07 pm by Tempz.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 6:35 pm Biophysicist Post #2

Thermal Vision and Size Morph make no sense. Please reword them.

For the Adrenaline Meter, you could just speed up the unit using it.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 6:52 pm DavidJCobb Post #3

His idea for thermal vision, if I'm interpreting it properly, is to have two models for every unit; the normal model, and a solid-white model seen when thermal vision is enabled.

Size Morph seems to be describing a method changing a unit's size by swapping two models or having the unit change into another unit.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 9:01 pm Tempz Post #4

What DJC said :O

Well for changing a units size this is how it works

S = smaller version of a unit
L = larger version of a unit

each instance is about .25 secs as an example

S S S L - S S L L - S L L L - L L L L

See each time it gets bigger eventually transforming into another unit or

S L S L

Constantly changing into another larger version of a unit since it will looks more seamless then just a transformation
Finally the shrink system to apply when you want your unit to turn super tiny like a shrink ray thing
Each instance decease size as 1 is it starting size

1 - 0.75 - 0.50 - 0.25

Sorry I can't make it more simplistic still adjusting to the real world :O since I'm been doing some tough shit lately

None.

Jun 9 2010, 11:07 am MuffinLove Post #5

i like the "Physics" idea.

go slightly different speeds on different terrain. slower on rock/debris/uphill faster on grass/flat ground.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 7:24 pm Tempz Post #6

also if your on a ramp you move faster :)

None.

Jun 10 2010, 8:28 am MuffinLove Post #7

i tried the terrain idea in map editor, it adds a moar tactical feel to the game i hope someone with moar experience then me tried this out.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 10:48 pm Tempz Post #8

Reserved post, posting video soon0

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 12 2010, 4:26 am by Tempz.

None.

Jun 11 2010, 5:31 pm Ashamed Post #9

Hear me Raor!!

Like you have all of these theorys working??? Or which ones do you have?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2010, 6:59 pm by Ashamed.

None.

Jun 12 2010, 4:23 am Tempz Post #10

All of them are tested and work except thermal and flying simulator since there might be heavy glitching (crappy me doesn't know how to do it right so =/) you guys can give it a try if you like..., must need a custom ui for flying simulator but it should have a .5 second delay lag so its still experimental unless its 3rd personish

None.

Jun 15 2010, 2:58 pm MuffinLove Post #11

can you share the phyisic one? it look awsesome

None.

Jun 15 2010, 5:28 pm Tempz Post #12

Physics idea is up there in video look for the post

None.

Options
  Back to forum