1v1 Partners
Jun 3 2010, 3:50 pm
By: CecilSunkure  

Jun 3 2010, 3:50 pm CecilSunkure Post #1

Lately I've been working on 1v1. I play only Protoss. I'd like to play with any of you SENers that are willing to help me out by practicing with me. If you do, we would play under UMS on iccup and use the official iccup mappack. I don't care what skill level you play at.

I'm currently around the C- skill range, and my rank goal for this season is at least C+. I've been playing 1v1 for slightly over a week, and only play PvT, PvZ and PvP matchups. Currently I would prefer to work on PvP as I've had no practice in PvP yet. Generally I practice with three different really skilled players; I practice with an A- Terran, B+ zerg, and a Korean who just started iccup but seems to be at least B- with Terran, and pretty good with the other two offraces. Although, at some times they aren't online or are too busy to teach me, and so I'm looking for more practice partners.

I'm generally online from 7-12 Eastern time, 4-9 Pacific on weekdays, and most of the day on weekends. Let me know if you're interested in getting in some 1v1 practice with me.

My iccup account is Zora, and my USWest/East account is CecilSunkure.

None.

Jun 3 2010, 7:06 pm MadZombie Post #2

I'll play, i'm like a high D I think. You should specify AM or PM btw.

None.

Jun 3 2010, 8:40 pm New-Guy Post #3

I'd be glad to play. I'm a D-/D Terran, and really need to practice more...

None.

Jun 3 2010, 10:56 pm CecilSunkure Post #4

PM. I'll be online today, so contact me if you're up for some games.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 8:09 pm StarBlue Post #5

I'm probably... D- at macro, but sometimes i use REALLY messed up strategies and end up winning, in such a case I cane be... I would say B+/A- microer.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 9:31 pm LoTu)S Post #6

Quote from StarBlue
I'm probably... D- at macro, but sometimes i use REALLY messed up strategies and end up winning, in such a case I cane be... I would say B+/A- microer.

This is "A" micro. I don't want to be rude, but don't you play fastest? Melee is an entirely new ball game if that is your perspective. B+/A- is crazy korean micro is what I'm implying. Micro is the execution of the strategy. You could prove me wrong if you show me a replay of your B+/A- micro. I'm just being tight about this because as an iccup player, I view ranks as being VERY far from each other and B+/A- is near pro league status. Also D- macro will get you no units//econ if you're too slow.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 10:20 pm CecilSunkure Post #7

Lotus nobody micros like that during gameplay. That was probably a set up game where each brown marine was actually a different player, or it could have been created by some UMS mapper. The point is, nobody does shit like that, Lol. B- A players usually have 180-275 average apm during games.

Also: I'll be on iccup today under the account Zora.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 10:24 pm BeDazed Post #8

High level progamers could probably do that all the while macroing. But A and B is no where near close to the proleague you see on GomTV. Amateur league is still amateur.

None.

Jun 4 2010, 10:34 pm LoTu)S Post #9

Quote from CecilSunkure
Lotus nobody micros like that during gameplay. That was probably a set up game where each brown marine was actually a different player, or it could have been created by some UMS mapper. The point is, nobody does shit like that, Lol. B- A players usually have 180-275 average apm during games.

Also: I'll be on iccup today under the account Zora.

Sorry, that was a bad example. Although it WAS applied during a real game, chances of it happening are slim. lol my average apm is 200 :P
Better example(s)

None.

Jun 5 2010, 1:21 am StarBlue Post #10

ok I'm not THAT good at micro, BUT I did completely bash some guy to bits microing some drones around. I remember controlling my stacked drones and my zergling group to actually break right through the terran player's defences. I had... i think 4 zerglings and 8 stacked drones. Completely overwhelmed his bunker after his men got out to chase me. He tried getting them back in the bunker, but I made sure he ONLY saw my drones. When he chased my drones, I moved my 4 lings to the empty bunker so they couldn't get back into the bunker. That was the end to his defence. I then went into his base and had my drones stack pwn his CC, I'm surprised he didn't try to lift it, which was a big mistake. I was using my lings to keep his SCVs from getting to my drones. He trained another marine and tried to get my lings away, but I took 3 of my now remaining 6 stacked drones and had them kill the marine. He went "gg" fast. Isn't it hard to believe that all happened in about 2 minutes?... meh, not really. Now, I'm not normally that good, I'm probably C/C+ microer then, but I would say I made a pretty awesome pwn with nothing but 8 drones and 4 zerglings, comming out with 5 drones and 3 lings. And I don't only play fastest, look at my "Basic in-game strategies" thread, only one of those replays is a fastest map.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 1:54 am LoTu)S Post #11

You do know that using stacked workers to kill is illegal in 1v1. :teach: Its fine in any other ums game but in 1v1/melee/ iccup, it would be considered cheating, as anyone could abuse the exploit to win.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 2:37 am StarBlue Post #12

the koreans used it in your youtube videos, face it, these are the :facts:

None.

Jun 5 2010, 2:44 am LoTu)S Post #13

.... where....? I'm curious.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 2:59 am StarBlue Post #14

I remember seeing stack probes go in the center of some units, then slaughterung them. I'm not going all the way through that vid, sorry, it's just too long.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 3:59 am LoTu)S Post #15

The closest thing to what you said is the Drone escaping the vult harassment@ 17:30 . That is completely different from the stacked worker attack, as the attack requires a vepense geysers and KEEPS the workers stacked. This movement is return cargo moverment where workers can remained stacked and move to one area, AND ONE AREA ONLY. If you order them to attack however, they will disperse and attempt to attack. Otherwise, stacking workers through minerals and return cargo is perfectly legal, while using them through vespene gas to execute actions is illegal. :ranting:

None.

Jun 5 2010, 4:40 am Perplexing Post #16

Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't know,

Stacked Workers, Gas walk (Or whatever, resource walk) and Allied Mines are illegal.

Lurker Hold, Air stack, and most regular SC tricks like turret freezing or unit jumping are legal.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 9:32 pm CecilSunkure Post #17

I'll be online, channel Sun on iccup under the account Zora, in about 45 minutes. Lemme know, anyone, if you'd like to 1v1.

Edit: If I'm not there, I'll be on USEast as CecilSunkure.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2010, 10:18 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Jun 5 2010, 10:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #18

I get the feeling we are on the same level cecil. You can add me on east(i dont play iccup). I play zerg and some terran, but never mirror.

Jun 17 2010, 11:40 pm XGenesis Post #19

icCup = GenesisX
D level. :(
I play Zerg.

None.

Jun 19 2010, 3:18 pm lihan88 Post #20

I'm at a B+ when it comes to micromanaging but when when it come to micromanaging I just suck... :(

None.

Options
  Back to forum