Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Need condition "Unit has actor attached"
Need condition "Unit has actor attached"
May 25 2010, 1:42 pm
By: Devourer  

May 25 2010, 1:42 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

Is there any condition saying something like "Unit has attached actor"?
E.g. a unit can only have 1 actor at the same time so I do only want to run the trigger when the unit doesn't have an actor attached, I know it can be done via a unit group named like "units got attached units" but that's a bit annoying as I would have to make many triggers as I'm having like 5-10 different attach-able units.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 25 2010, 1:57 pm 13Stallion Post #2

Actor -> Actor from unit: "Returns the actor for the specified unit. This will return the primary actor that is responsible for governing the behavior of a specific unit, chosen through the Unit parameter."

None.

May 25 2010, 1:59 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Quote from 13Stallion
Actor -> Actor from unit: "Returns the actor for the specified unit. This will return the primary actor that is responsible for governing the behavior of a specific unit, chosen through the Unit parameter."
... I wanted to find out the attached actor, not the primary one.

May 25 2010, 2:15 pm 13Stallion Post #4

Quote from Devourer
Is there any condition saying something like "Unit has attached actor"?
E.g. a unit can only have 1 actor at the same time so I do only want to run the trigger when the unit doesn't have an actor attached, I know it can be done via a unit group named like "units got attached units" but that's a bit annoying as I would have to make many triggers as I'm having like 5-10 different attach-able units.

Then why not use this method? Add all the "attachable" units to 1 unit group so you can manipulate them easily.

None.

May 25 2010, 7:03 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

.... someone else?

May 26 2010, 1:16 am ZeroAme Post #6

Not that I know of but assuming your attaching them via triggers you could use the same trigger to set a variable saying that its attached.

None.

May 26 2010, 1:55 am Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

Again, do it with dummy abilities or behaviors instead if you don't get people with smart ideas.

None.

Options
  Back to forum