Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Question about duplicating unit
Question about duplicating unit
May 16 2010, 8:30 pm
By: Xikura  

May 16 2010, 8:30 pm Xikura Post #1

Hello! I'm new to the SC2 editor, used both the SC1 and WC3 editor some but not that much...

I tried following this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OneTwoSC#p/c/144BCFFBCA1EABFB/0/SBQjnT_96hQ

But I'm instead trying to just create a duplicated Zergling. But whenever I duplicate him I have ALL fields unchecked. But the "Actor", "Models" and "Sound" is removed from the list like on this picture:

http://beagle.hihm.no/112232/wtf.jpg

And if I create the unit it isn't there.

Apparently I cant seem to duplicate a unit. Anyone have any idea why?

None.

May 16 2010, 9:24 pm Xikura Post #2

Well. I managed to duplicate it now. Apparently I had to make a copy of "Actor". Only now I'm struggeling with making the unit a hero with experience level and all that. I made the unit type to be "hero" but it didn't seem to change much.

None.

May 16 2010, 9:53 pm Demented Shaman Post #3

This tutorial has pretty much all the basics for creating heroes, abilities, and items. http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/getting-started-with-galaxy-edit/complete-hero/

Basically for experience and leveling up, you'll need to create a veterancy ability and give it to the hero.

None.

May 16 2010, 10:03 pm Pr0nogo Post #4

As for heroes you also need to go into the 'Flags' portion on unit data and add the 'Hero' flag.

Then you should probably edit the behavior flags to have 'Heroic' in them, but that isn't necessary.

To make experience you need to add a new behavior called 'Hero Levels.' When you type that name in, hit 'Suggest' and choose Behavior Type 'Veterancy' from the drop-down menu.
Then go to the 'Veterancy Levels' entry, and...

Hit the add variable (+x) button to the side to add a level. Then, change up its experience and you have that part done.

It's SUPER SUPER SUPER important to do this, else I believe you'll end up having a hero that DOESN'T MOVE. Like me.
Edit the movement fields and such. Anything above 0.

Now go off and find your wanton hero.

Type in 'Behavior' on the unit side of the data window and edit the sole entry there. Hit the add variable (+x) button and punch in the Hero Levels behavior you set up.

Save and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Urr Urr, I figured someone would post before me. :hurr: :hurr: :hurr:

May 17 2010, 2:55 am Xikura Post #5

Sweet, thanks both of you!

I actually ended up following Pr0nogo's tutorial right now because it was short :P
Just to test if it works and it did! =)
But I will definitely try the other one tomorrow because I think I'll learn a lot from that tutorial and that site.

It seems like the SC2 editor is just so god damn powerful and can do soooo much. But then again complicated, so I'm probably going to be asking more questions later. Just now trying to make a simple map just to get the basics going.

Thanks for the help so far =)

None.

May 17 2010, 2:57 am Pr0nogo Post #6

You welcome. Glad to help.

Options
  Back to forum