Aug 21 2010, 8:01 pm Vincent Post #21

very nice map hehe, gave me an idea for my observer dodge. :D

None.

Aug 21 2010, 8:11 pm Generalpie Post #22

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Suspi
Quote from payne
Quote from Suspi
I had fun parking him somewhere until he got ridiculously huge.
:lol:

What happens when it becomes larger than the map's dimension? :P

Hah, I tried that out of course. Past a certain point, it stops drawing the map and slowly fades to black. I assume I've exceeded some sort of rendering distance especially since my computer started dying trying to display all of the movements on the map at once. I had to click on the minimap to go eat the Overmind to end the game.
You ate the starcraft universe :wtfawesome:

i got annoyed b/c my baneling got too big and started jumping cliffs off the screen

None.

Aug 21 2010, 8:34 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #23

Quote from Suspi
Quote from payne
Quote from Suspi
I had fun parking him somewhere until he got ridiculously huge.
:lol:

What happens when it becomes larger than the map's dimension? :P

Hah, I tried that out of course. Past a certain point, it stops drawing the map and slowly fades to black. I assume I've exceeded some sort of rendering distance especially since my computer started dying trying to display all of the movements on the map at once. I had to click on the minimap to go eat the Overmind to end the game.
It turns black, but if you zoom in, you can see him briefly:

Still, he only kills things in a small radius, it's only the image that gets big.
Also, his maximum speed is like 150ish.

None.

Aug 30 2010, 2:48 am TiKels Post #24

I played this game the other day, like three or four times.

1. What is the hidden vault? What do the codes mean!?

2. Are you still planning on releasing a sequel?

3. I talked with some people when this was the second or third game on the list, and they say they loved it as well. You should consider actually MAKING this a katamari game... where things stick to your baneling. LOL NO IDEA IF THAT'S POSSIBLE.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 4 2010, 8:09 pm johnfloyd Post #25

1. The hatch and the numbers are a reference to one of my favorite TV shows, LOST.

2. I made this map over the summer while looking for employment after graduating from college. In July I found a job (whoop!) which kicks ass (double whoop!) but it's been keeping me busy so any map making ventures are on hold. I do still hope to come back to this and make an ambitious sequel someday tho. Hopefully one with lots of options such as single player, multiplayer co-op or multiplayer ffa. If it comes together I'll be waiting to release the sequel on the Blizzard marketplace whenever that finally comes out for something cheap like a dime or so.

3. Originally I was hoping to literally make this a Katamari game and while I could figure out how to attack one unit to another, it would always attach the unit on top of the previous units head. So instead of getting a giant ball I ended up with a growing tower spinning across the field. Went with the eating and growing idea instead afterwards :-)

None.

Options
  Back to forum