Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Zerg Stack, what happend?
Zerg Stack, what happend?
May 13 2010, 8:48 am
By: i3righton  

May 13 2010, 8:48 am i3righton Post #1

I remember way back you could stack Zerg buildings. But this was eventually patched or something? I never really knew what happened. Anybody know/explain why?

None.

May 13 2010, 1:46 pm LoTu)S Post #2

Blizzard patched the building stacking, soon followed by patching stacked hydras. Patched sometime b4 2007(1.15.1?)

None.

May 13 2010, 9:39 pm MANight Post #3

there is a way to stack zerg buildings and units now, but involves help of triggers. would you like me to explain?

None.

May 14 2010, 12:22 am i3righton Post #4

Quote from LoTu)S
Blizzard patched the building stacking, soon followed by patching stacked hydras. Patched sometime b4 2007(1.15.1?)
Why would they only want to patch Zerg stack?

Quote from MANight
there is a way to stack zerg buildings and units now, but involves help of triggers. would you like me to explain?
Sounds complicated :S. I would probably use it for a sunken defense but if it is complicated then there is no use, some 'players' even struggle with basic stacking as is :P

None.

May 14 2010, 12:28 am LoTu)S Post #5

Quote from i3righton
Why would they only want to patch Zerg stack?

Because it's Blizzard! It might have been the source of some glitches like build anywhere or float a drone. Dunno. Or it was something they CAN fix.
Collapse Box

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2012, 7:43 am by LoTu)S.

None.

May 14 2010, 2:08 am MANight Post #6

it was involved in a hack so they patched it, acutally its pretty simple to reimplament it... i cant explain right now cause im a bit busy but il post up trigs / instructions later.

None.

May 14 2010, 8:37 am Zhuinden Post #7

In a korean map, I saw hydralisks being able to move through units with EUD actions. Everything is possible with EUD actions.

However, yes. It has been patched,

None.

May 15 2010, 5:39 am Apos Post #8

I order you to forgive yourself!

I guess you should check this out if you want an easy way, it works perfectly.

May 18 2010, 10:59 pm StarBlue Post #9

It is very possible to do. I do it in RPs all the time. Just take an infested command center and land it. Then turn off the lights and command your drone to build right where the command center is (NOTE: Be sure to life the Infested Command Center before the drone reaches the building site). Continue to do that and then you have alot of stacked buildings :)
I will post a replay soon of me demonstrating it.
EDIT:: I posted the replay

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 18 2010, 11:56 pm by StarBlue. Reason: I posted the replay.

None.

May 21 2010, 7:52 am i3righton Post #10

I just tried it myself, and I was amazed how simple it is. How did you figure this out?

I'm going to try to have players use this in a defense map :D

None.

May 21 2010, 10:25 am Jack Post #11

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from i3righton
I just tried it myself, and I was amazed how simple it is. How did you figure this out?

I'm going to try to have players use this in a defense map :D
He didn't figure it out, it's been around for a long long time.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 22 2010, 5:09 am StarBlue Post #12

He didn't figure it out, it's been around for a long long time.
HE JUST CALL ME A GUY?! :wut:

None.

May 22 2010, 5:18 am DavidJCobb Post #13

I always wondered why "lightswitches", as I've heard them called, allow stacking... Perhaps the worker checks if a spot is empty; if it has no vision, it cannot detect obstacles and thus builds over anything in its path?

None.

May 22 2010, 5:26 am StarBlue Post #14

Yes, that is the exact reason, David.

None.

May 23 2010, 9:23 am Jack Post #15

Quote from StarBlue
Yes, that is the exact reason, David.
Sort of. You have vision of an area with a building in it, and then the lights turn off. Now, the SCV doesn't know that, and you tell it to go build somewhere that it can't see. Normally, when it got close, you'd get vision of the area and it would say 'I can't build there, somethin's in the way'. But when it gets there, it can't see any building there, so it decides nothing is there and builds it anyway.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 23 2010, 1:45 pm Aristocrat Post #16

If another player *with* vision of the area sees it, will they crash?

None.

May 23 2010, 7:19 pm Jack Post #17

Nope.

Red classic.

Options
  Back to forum