Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night - Fixed
Desert Strike Night - Fixed
May 11 2010, 10:37 am
By: Lanthanide
Pages: < 1 « 44 45 46 47 4853 >

May 7 2012, 9:25 pm HSL... Post #901

Can you also make a balance change that you reduce the HP of the Scouts so that it dies in 1 Yamato cannon but in return increase the damage of it?

I know it's the corsairs that are scary in huge mass, but killing off the scouts that act as a meat shield is a start..

None.

May 8 2012, 12:25 am Lanthanide Post #902

IMO Terran have the advantage with massed BCs, especially that interceptors are weaker now. Also the Scout units are actually the Artanis hero and I don't think BCs will target hero units with Yamato (ever) anyway.

None.

May 8 2012, 12:34 am HSL... Post #903

Hmm, i guess the BC's must've been targeting the void rays every time it appeared to yamato gun a scout unit.

None.

May 8 2012, 3:15 am 3FFA Post #904

Haha that sounds like a moment where I would facepalm.

None.

May 9 2012, 3:41 am Underworld Post #905

Terran just can't hold anything end game... rolled by z or p

None.

May 9 2012, 3:46 am Lanthanide Post #906

Any suggestions for how to improve terran?

None.

May 9 2012, 4:32 am Underworld Post #907

It's tough because if you buff them too much then they rape the entire game... I'd say lower BC price, or increase wraith life / armor ... once spores hit terran they fold like crazy... to sairs especially .. I think the ground is decent.... have you thought of putting back the marine range? they are kind of useless now...once reavs roll out, or ults/guards they die quickly...

what about hero wraith every 15 wraiths ... tom klansky or w/e ... kind of like tempest carrier but for wraith (id suggest bc, but its the 'nuke'?)

id def lower bc price, or increase wraith life/armor to compete end game...so if we cant out 'hit' them, we could out macro them... at least make it more even then it is now.. some games are just complete folds and ive got the mix of everything ... gol/reap/rine/tank/mass wraith and bc

None.

May 9 2012, 5:04 am Lanthanide Post #908

Hero Wraith is already used for the Banshee. There are hero BCs already anyway, 1/2 of all BCs are Hyperion which have a faster cooldown (22 vs 30), although they do a little less damage up front they have quite a bit higher DPS.

And yes, the acid spores from devourers are a real pain in the neck, because they increase damage received by the target as well as reduce their firing rate by 12.5% per blob, which is the main reason I introduced the hyperion to help counter that.

Do you have your full complement of medics with restoration? The biggest mistakes I see from Terran are no ghosts, no medics and no science vessals (or not getting restoration/energy upgrade and irradiate vs Zerg).

Unfortunately I have to balance the game on the assumption that all players use all units, so if you're not using all of the units properly then you will struggle. If I balanced it so not all units were required, it'd be naturally unbalanced (or completely useless units) when players did use those extra units.

None.

May 9 2012, 8:15 am HSL... Post #909

Well you mentioned an increased damage of Goliath hellfire missile is coming and we'll see how much that helps.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 9 2012, 7:08 pm by HSL....

None.

May 10 2012, 9:17 pm Lanthanide Post #910

I intend to release 2.63 this weekend, with whatever changes are in it. Hopefully I will look into the reaver/tank sticking problems, but I can't guarantee that I will. Diablo 3 comes out this week so after this weekend my time spent on SC is likely to be very close to 0.

None.

May 11 2012, 9:32 pm Underworld Post #911

Insta doesnt spawn hero's again...or did I not see it ?

should they spawn ...or be on backup..

None.

May 11 2012, 11:05 pm Lanthanide Post #912

It should, you likely didn't see it. I did test it, and the spawning system for insta spawn / timer spawn / night defense spawn is the same, it's just the initial thing that triggers the spawn that is different.

None.

May 13 2012, 10:32 am Lanthanide Post #913

Right, no map released :/

Didn't spend any real time on SC at all until just now, investigating the reaver freezing issue. It is definitely the shuttle that is doing it: the reavers appear to have hard-coded behaviour where they will try and load themselves into a shuttle if one is present, and multiple reavers will attemp to load at the same time even if the shuttle has space for 2 or is full. Similarly the shuttle will try and fly back to collect the reavers, but the movement behaviour I've put in place usually prevents it from being able to pick them up, so the reavers end up being stuck forever.

So far I've tried a variety of ways to try and fix this, but none of them have been successful and I don't think it's realistically solvable. The only thing that seemed to make any real difference was running the Exit from transport trigger continually on the shuttle: but this just ended up with a stationary shuttle that doesn't move at all, so not really useful at all. Running this script periodically (eg when the warp prism spawns new units) doesn't seem to have any effect on the reavers at all.

None.

May 13 2012, 8:29 pm HSL... Post #914

Might as well as replace the shuttle with Danimoth or something rather trying to fix the reaver-shuttle relationship.

None.

May 13 2012, 8:35 pm Underworld Post #915

Lanth,

can you release .63 with what you have changed? I am looking forward to goliath buff...and workers to stop killing my stuff...thankyou :D

None.

May 13 2012, 8:54 pm Lanthanide Post #916

Because the Mothership is such an important hero (by far the strongest), I don't want to re-use the arbiter unit graphic for the warp prism as it makes the battlefield harder to read.

And yeah, I'm going to stop messing with the reavers (I did get a small improvement, by delaying the time when the shuttle is moved onto the field by a fraction of a second) and do a quick fix for the tanks and the mothership attack and then put it up. Hopefully in approx 12 hours from now.

None.

May 14 2012, 2:06 am Underworld Post #917

Ok cool!

I have neat idea to help bring the DS community closer....

advertise 'gather at channel: DS on your respective realms' ...maybe say it at the start and at the ending to re-iterate it.

would be nice?

For more games:
Channel: ds

None.

May 14 2012, 9:37 am Lanthanide Post #918

http://www.staredit.net/files/2203/

Complete changes for 2.63
  • Reaver battlefield limit properly capped to 14
  • Spawn cap limited to 400 for top team (bugfix)
  • Fix workers killing your own buildings during spawn
  • Fix enemy larva spawning in your base (untested, but should work)
  • Hopefully fixed a bug spotted in game with Sacrieur where reinforcements from losing night defense did not spawn when it was destroyed at exactly 0:00 on the timer (untested).
  • Fix bug from replay where player left exactly at 0:00 spawn time, resulting in their buildings being stolen by other players, instead of destroyed.
  • Hopefully reduced incidence of prison placement bug. If it does occur, 12 broodlings will no longer spawn for P1.
  • If there are no enemy units in your half of the field, and you have tanks stuck in siege mode at the spawn point, they will be replaced 1 by 1 with mobile tanks every ~15 countdown seconds.
  • Mothership now has a 12.5% chance of killing 1 additional unit with a much wider horizontal range (about 4 extra tiles), so hopefully this'll be more useful vs Terran.
  • Firebats spawn at 1.66 instead of 2, -$20 on supply depot to $225.
  • Void Ray no longer has the pulse of healing shields to 12, instead this is simply skipped so the full shield heal is now 1 trigger cycle quicker.
  • Goliath -5 hp to 115, +4 AA damage to 26

As previously stated, I didn't manage to sort out the reaver freeze issue. I did change the time at which the shuttle is moved onto the field, so you should see a bit less reavers freezing, but in the case where a shuttle is already on the field and new reavers spawn (quite common) they will probably still freeze. Couldn't find any way to get around this in the limited time.

Didn't test the tank or mothership changes, but the triggers are straight forward enough.

Played a game with protoss, the void ray not pulsing down to 50% is a bit weird, because now there's no clear indication of their shielding until they actually engage the enemy. I think I'll probably put a pulse 'down' to 23 shields in the next version, just so there's a slight visual indicator. This will actually make them stronger too as there'll effectively be 2 frames of shielding back to back, which nullifies any damage done during the first pulse.

None.

May 14 2012, 1:36 pm Biophysicist Post #919

...but in the case where a shuttle is already on the field and new reavers spawn (quite common) they will probably still freeze. Couldn't find any way to get around this in the limited time.
...Hunch: Might Giving the Shuttle to a different player while the Reavers are spawning help?

None.

May 14 2012, 3:38 pm staxx Post #920

Quote from Lanthanide

Desert Strike Night - Fixed

New Features
  • Vespene resource now shows a countdown until mining comes back online after building gas

• Accidental boom prevention - two players on same team cannot boom within 3 seconds of each other, or of own team using a special.

Not going to be reading through all 46 pages to see if anyone else brought this up, but...

1. Why use vespene resource? Why not just either...
A - Adjust the message displayed to reflect the amount of seconds based on the countdown timer (if infrastructure is displayed as down for 20 seconds but takes 42 seconds on the countdown timer, make the message say infrastructure is down for 42 seconds)
B - Adjust the death count on the infrastructure delay to be 20 seconds on the countdown timer. (I believe if you have hyper triggs running its roughly around 8 or 9 death counts per second but the math can be done by watching the countdown timer after building your first gas)

2. Why not just set up the boom prevention to only allow a player to boom if enemy has at least x amount of units on your side of the board?
This would be more accurate than the death counters im assuming you're using to prevent at game start and after ally has used.

Just my suggestions, I've only played BW a handful of times as I prefer the non-expansion but thought i would throw my 2 cents in cause I have a love for DS

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 44 45 46 47 4853 >
  Back to forum