Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night - Fixed
Desert Strike Night - Fixed
May 11 2010, 10:37 am
By: Lanthanide
Pages: < 1 « 43 44 45 46 4753 >

May 3 2012, 8:38 pm Lanthanide Post #881

Thanks. Any other observations on how/when the reavers get stalled is helpful.

One theory I have at the moment (haven't done any tests whatsoever) is that the 'backup' shuttle that can be stored off the field and will be moved on whenever the first one dies is what is causing the reavers to lock up.

None.

May 4 2012, 8:57 am ilovedsa Post #882

About shuttle loading a reaver in your map:
I suggest you use Warbringer (if you didn't use it) to instead of Protoss Reaver and make them have same property.
It's said that the Reavers fall in love in Shuttle but Warbringer not. Reavers like to enter Shuttle and follow them. Order Shuttle to go or back independently.
And Zerg Infestor is a hero which can load units congenitally. I find a map with ai trigger as Expansion Protoss Campaign Insane/Expansion Terran Campaign Insane/Expansion Zerg Campaign Insane looks like to be impossible to solve the loading problem drastically, is it right?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 4 2012, 9:55 am by ilovedsa.

None.

May 4 2012, 10:12 am Lanthanide Post #883

Unfortunately Dark Archons will not cast Mind Control on hero type units, so that's one bad aspect of using Warbringer instead of regular reavers. Warbringer is already used as the Zerg hero Nydus Worm (seems fitting) which spawns Banelings (infested terrans). Zerg actually doesn't have very many hero units (in the editor) compared to the other races and I believe I've used pretty much all of them except the useless ones like the queen, and also haven't used Duran since he looks like a terran unit.

None.

May 4 2012, 7:00 pm 3FFA Post #884

Can't you try making a "new map" in which you test the reaver/shuttle movement triggers with 1 side having reg reavers and the other having Warbringer? Maybe see whether there is a difference, also try war v war reav v reav. Maybe save the replays of each, etc. Just an idea for testing this. If War makes a difference then can't you change the stats/name of reav and War as well as anything else that needs changing to make this fix?

None.

May 4 2012, 8:43 pm Lanthanide Post #885

Yes, I could do that. As noted I don't want to replace regular reavers with Warbringers because then DA's won't be able to MC it and they would happily, and often, MC the Zerg Nydus Worm instead.

None.

May 4 2012, 11:16 pm HSL... Post #886

The Protoss is still strong w/o the Reavers haha.

On a similar note, did anyone else experience some Tanks also getting stuck in the main base?
I notice the tanks tend to pile up on the side of the battlefield and camp there in siege mode permanently. Is this simply an AI problem that cannot be fixed?

None.

May 4 2012, 11:33 pm Lanthanide Post #887

Tanks have been doing that for yonks. I spent some time trying to resolve it but didn't come up with anything useful. I suspect it's because the battlefield is diagonal: if it were horizontal it would probably be better.

None.

May 4 2012, 11:41 pm HSL... Post #888

Are tanks getting stuck in the spawning location the same problem as Reavers getting stuck? This happens especially when the enemy units are near my base and the tank has to siege mode as soon as it spawns. However, after I push back out, the tanks do not go back to tank mode but remain in siege mode.

None.

May 5 2012, 12:01 am Lanthanide Post #889

I spawn them in siege mode deliberately, but yes they seem to be stuck in it and don't de-siege. I might tone down the 'spawn in siege mode' behaviour a little, currently it's 1/6th of tanks.

None.

May 5 2012, 12:06 am HSL... Post #890

So you originally designed to siege mode as it spawns and remain that way?

None.

May 5 2012, 2:19 am Lanthanide Post #891

I designed it so they would spawn in siege mode. The fact that they remain in siege mode is not intended.

None.

May 5 2012, 7:27 am Biophysicist Post #892

If it helps at all, running Move Units on Siege Modes forces them to unsiege.

None.

May 5 2012, 9:05 am Lanthanide Post #893

Right, done some more work on this tonight. I'll list all the changes in the current version, most of which are bug fixes:
  • Reaver battlefield limit properly capped to 14
  • Spawn cap limited to 400 for top team (bugfix)
  • Fix workers killing your own buildings during spawn
  • Fix enemy larva spawning in your base (untested, but should work)
  • Hopefully fixed a bug spotted in game with Sacrieur where reinforcements from losing night defense did not spawn when it was destroyed at exactly 0:00 on the timer (untested).
  • Fix bug from replay where player left exactly at 0:00 spawn time, resulting in their buildings being stolen by other players, instead of destroyed.
  • Hopefully reduced incidence of prison placement bug. If it does occur, 12 broodlings will no longer spawn for P1.
  • Firebats spawn at 1.66 instead of 2, -$20 on supply depot to $225.
  • Void Ray no longer has the pulse of healing shields to 12, instead this is simply skipped so the full shield heal is now 1 trigger cycle quicker.
  • Goliath -5 hp to 115, +4 AA damage to 26

Still to do:
  • Mothership kill range to be increased slightly (see earlier posts for discussion)
  • Investigate reavers freezing
  • Investigate tanks being stuck in siege mode

Quote from Biophysicist
If it helps at all, running Move Units on Siege Modes forces them to unsiege.
Yes, this does work, which I didn't know about. I've done some experiments and its interesting: the tanks need to be moved to a new location, moving them to where they are does nothing. After the tanks are moved, they de-siege but then will move back to where they originally came from and when they get there, if the CPU has siege mode researched, they will siege up again. I'll have to see if there's a way to stop them from moving back to where they came from (simply issuing an Order action immediately after the move doesn't work). If worst comes to worst, I'll just remove the sieged tanks and replace them with mobile ones if there are no enemy units within the closest 1/3rd of the field to your temple.

None.

May 5 2012, 6:49 pm Biophysicist Post #894

Hunch: Might running Give Units on the tanks after forcing them to unsiege clear this? Or perhaps running Move Units a second time?

None.

May 5 2012, 9:30 pm Lanthanide Post #895

Potentially, but from the testing I see, after you move them there's a brief pause of maybe 1/3 - 1/2 a second before they actually de-siege, and this is likely to be some sort of thing saying "hey, return to our previous position". I expect if you give between players, they won't de-siege. So then you've got the tricky issue of giving them after they've de-sieged, and this time can vary as they don't always do it right away. Not insurmountable, but more complicated than just giving between players.

None.

May 6 2012, 5:07 pm 3FFA Post #896

I found through 1v1ing the T cpu on destination(was bored) that he actually sieges tanks immediately after they are created from the factory. It may be the same behavior, and also, in that situation he must give them move command. Didn't witness ever moving back though.

None.

May 6 2012, 6:15 pm stimmed. Post #897

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. But yesterday I was playing P Z vs T T. At one point in the game, the Terran team had an Infestor. I forget to save replays all the time when stuff like this happens, but I thought I'd share anyways.

None.

May 6 2012, 7:17 pm 3FFA Post #898

was it right after a nuke? Because the nuke mind controls some units. Also, Mr.Antares seems to be the only guy I see hosting 2.56, even if told it is a rip-off version, he just ignores anyone who says so and/or bans them.

None.

May 6 2012, 10:00 pm HSL... Post #899

As far as I know, hero units like Infestors are destroyed when you use special.

I also remember playing a ZvP and a random marine appeared in middle of the game and both of us laughed a lot.

None.

May 6 2012, 10:26 pm Lanthanide Post #900

Heroes should always be killed by specials. There are also other triggers in there that should prevent CPU players from owning heroes that none of their allies control the building for: that should prevent Terran players from having zerg heroes on the field.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 43 44 45 46 4753 >
  Back to forum