Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Font in pre-loading screen
Font in pre-loading screen
Aug 31 2007, 3:38 am
By: Fallen  

Aug 31 2007, 3:38 am Fallen Post #1

Does anyone have issues with SC crashing when you attempt to make the game font go from color-black-color because whenever i host a game with that type of text it kicks me off of SC

None.

Aug 31 2007, 3:41 am Demented Shaman Post #2

If you're referring to the map name, overlaps don't work in map title since one of the patches.

Oops, I misread "black" for "back"

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 6 2007, 8:54 pm by devilesk.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 4:27 am Falkoner Post #3

What are the codes you are using for the color? Could you post the exact text?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 31 2007, 4:28 am by Falkoner.

None.

Sep 2 2007, 5:00 am RoryFenrir Post #4

i ahvent tried hosting a black color map sence patch but maybe try using Colors 1.4 if useing Scm draft or Scm draft if using colors 1.4

None.

Sep 5 2007, 12:58 am Fallen Post #5

I found my mistake :( the map was corrupted but i could still edit and do things to it, just not host or have someone make it. I used Uburation and messed with the strings and i guess i screwed something up... idk. So its all good now thanks anyways

None.

Sep 6 2007, 7:14 pm Xx.Doom.xX Post #6

Yes, black works.

Color list here.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:45 am Nintendo_Confed Post #7

Quote from Fallen
I found my mistake :( the map was corrupted but i could still edit and do things to it, just not host or have someone make it. I used Uburation and messed with the strings and i guess i screwed something up... idk. So its all good now thanks anyways
There should be some type of map un-corrupter. I think that my map may be a little corrupted because when i play the map on Battle.net, people get dropped after a random amount of time or event. Does using both SCMDraft and Xtra editor to make a map affect it in any way?

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:46 am Falkoner Post #8

Open it in OS Map, that fixes lots of things.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:50 am Nintendo_Confed Post #9

Quote from Falkoner
Link please.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 4:00 am DT_Battlekruser Post #10

Quote from Fallen

If you use Überation or another compressor, duplicate instances of map strings are destroyed, so that any instance of a string that is used twice (once as the map title and once as a unit name, for example) are collapsed to one string, meaning that if you edit one string in an editor, the other one changes too.

Quote from Nintendo_Confed
Quote from Falkoner
Link please.

Links to OSMAP are not allowed on Staredit Network.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 8 2007, 4:31 am by DT_Battlekruser.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:55 pm Lt.Church Post #11

an answer to the original question, no yesterday i tested my map with my friend and the title was colour-black-colour and didnt crash SC nor become corrupt.

None.

Options
  Back to forum