Release Threads, READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM
Back in action!
1. A thread must contain a link to or attachment to the map in question. Make sure this is the correct forum for your map's thread. If you only have screenshots, you must post your thread in Map Production. If you have neither a map nor screenshots to post, keep working on it and do not post.
2. The map in question must be playable. It can be an alpha, beta, or full release. It is not required that your map be bug-free and thoroughly tested. However, it must be playable.
3. The thread must contain adequate descriptive material (text and/or screenshots). "Adequate" is a term to be judged by moderators and administrators, not the thread starter. When in doubt, add more information.
4. Maps must fit acceptability criteria for the DLDB. Those haven't been written, but this general summary is sufficent for now:
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
1. Did you put effort into the map?
The moment you create a topic here, your reputation will be at stake. The quality of the maps you make and topics you present is a very important factor for many members when forming an opinion of you. As snobs that like to think higher of themselves than the average Battle.net player, we expect a more polished map of higher quality.
2. Is your map complete enough to be played?
Map Production is dedicated to maps that are still in development, and posting of the map is not required there. (only screenshots) When you finish your map or want to release it, you can ask moderators to move that thread or open up a new one here.
3. How well will you make your topic?
If you spent weeks or even months on a map, it is generally a bad idea to spend 30 seconds making your topic. A topic is a powerful advertisement for a map. If the topic looks like crap, your map may not get played, regardless of how good it is. StarCraft may be an old game, with 640x480 resolution and 256 colors, but its players still have a sense of visual aesthetics.
Thanks to PCFredz, who was the owner of an ancient thread I dug up and based this one on. I may or may not rewrite this the way I want it at a later date.
Post #2 HCM™DavidJCobb Aug 20 2010, 10:57 pm
0 members in this topic (italic members are currently writing a reply): None
TF- -- ḓ̭̙͉̱̮̜͗͋ͮͤ̔̽͆e̠̓ͮ͌̋̚͠s̳̱͉̽ͦ̾̃̈́̀t̠̘͎̜̺̞̮̗́͊̋ͫ̌͂̂ͮ̚r̯̪͉ͧ̾͟͢ͅo̱̻͚͎̠̰͓͌ͬ͟͠͡y̵̗̖͕͉̪͕̖̮̅͊̊ͩ̀͘ ̤̱̜̖͖́̽͂ͥ͗ͫ̿̚
Pr0nogo -- I SELL YOU MY GOAT CHEESE
Pr0nogo -- LEGITIMATE BUSINESSMAN FROM EEEEEEENDIA
Pr0nogo -- I AM ALIBABA
Pr0nogo -- wut
Pr0nogo -- wait
jjf28 -- haha