Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Backup Drivers
Backup Drivers
Mar 30 2010, 5:57 pm
By: CecilSunkure  

Mar 31 2010, 9:25 pm CecilSunkure Post #21

Sorry about that, didn't know you wanted the screeny. Most of that info I posted was from a program called Everest that the majorgeeks like to use.

None.

Mar 31 2010, 9:48 pm CecilSunkure Post #22

Well, I downloaded and installed the Audio driver. I checked the device manager (after a restarting of the pc), and it said the Multimedia Controller wasn't installed properly. I tried to reinstall it, and I got a rundll32.exe error: The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library library msvcrt.dll.

I hit okay, and a new one pops up: RUNDLL: Error loading streamci.dll; the specified procedure could not be found.

I ran into this earlier when I tried to install the audio drivers from the manufacturer's website, and found no help by google searching these errors. I don't know what to do :C

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2010, 9:56 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Mar 31 2010, 9:57 pm rockz Post #23

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

so the one I posted doesn't work? Uninstall the driver if possible through add/remove programs, then through device manager.

Maybe this will help.

Ensure you have the computer completely updated via windows update (update may be able to install the audio drivers too). Also, you might try getting visual basic runtime files.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 31 2010, 11:16 pm ShadowFlare Post #24

rockz: AC'97 can be VIA, Realtek, C-Media, or Sigmatel and possibly others. In this case it does seem to be a Realtek device, but I just wanted to point that out.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2010, 11:25 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Mar 31 2010, 11:21 pm CecilSunkure Post #25

Okay I started getting that error while installing some other drivers, not just the sound. I system restored to when I first logged into Windows, and will begin installing everything over again.

[Edit]That worked perfectly. I installed the audio drivers from the site you linked me to rockz, then ran automatic updates. Now everything is fine. Thanks a ton for the help!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 31 2010, 11:37 pm by CecilSunkure.

None.

Apr 1 2010, 12:17 am rockz Post #26

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I have to wonder how you fucked up a clean installation...

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 1 2010, 12:36 am CecilSunkure Post #27

Well on those other forums I read a sticky that showed me some programs, and I ran one of them, which screwed something up. I didn't know it was going to.

None.

Options
  Back to forum