Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Random Designs
Random Designs
Feb 6 2010, 4:21 am
By: Morphling  

Feb 6 2010, 4:21 am Morphling Post #1

These are my first pieces of abstract art and I wanted to know if these are good. Personally, I think they are amazing, but that could just be me.
Edit: All new pieces will be added to this post in the collapse box.
Images

Post has been edited 10 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2010, 1:08 am by Morphling.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 4:27 am CecilSunkure Post #2

I really enjoy the top one. The bottom one is just too pixaly.

Do you know anything about composition? The rule of thirds, and other basic rules? Those would probably help you if you were to create more.

Really though, the top one has excellent colors and angular style. Although, in the top picture, I think the second set of angles, the sharper more vertical ones, just distract from the beauty of the leftmost angles. I think something more amorphous with scattered sharp points, or just a rotated version of the left blocks would suffice. Keep more coming Morph?

None.

Feb 6 2010, 4:31 am Morphling Post #3

The funny thing is is that the top one took significantly less time to do than the bottom one. I also know nothing about art.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 4:36 am CecilSunkure Post #4

Oh, well composition is mostly just a set of basic rules that you keep in mind while making something. If you wanted you could google them.

Also, I just showed this picture to a friend, and they said something very similar to me about the top picture:

"I think what would be cool is a architect piece.
Perhaps a little transparent.
Or broken down in the same tone to blend in.
Either that or something more distracting to create a contrast.
Something with very bright colors." - As in the top right, like I was saying.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2010, 4:48 am by CecilSunkure. Reason: Added in clarification.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 4:56 am Morphling Post #5

Here are some more that I didn't post before.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2010, 5:33 am by Morphling.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:30 am ImagoDeo Post #6

Eh, pretty good. Fractals pwn.

Now go work on Itero.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:36 am Morphling Post #7

Quote from ImagoDeo
Eh, pretty good. Fractals pwn.

Now go work on Itero.
I can't work on that because I don't know how. My brother was working on it and he left for college and stopped playing.I just got on his account after he left. (don't worry, he knows I'm using his accounts) He said he might come back for the summer.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 5:40 am Centreri Post #8

Relatively ancient and inactive

Eh. I'm not a professional or anything, but I don't think things like this should really be praised like art. They're interesting effects; this is, I think, more a 'Look what cool effect I found!' than a 'I have created a few masterpieces, please critique!' thread.

What tools did you use?

None.

Feb 6 2010, 10:34 pm Morphling Post #9

Quote from Centreri
What tools did you use?
Don't worry about that. :bleh:

Since I was snowed in today, I decided to make another.

None.

Feb 6 2010, 10:40 pm Devourer Post #10

Hello

Quote from Morphling
Quote from Centreri
What tools did you use?

I got to admit that this is really interesting, it seems to be a sort of broken red ball, but heck I love the mystic side of it :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Feb 6 2010, 10:48 pm Morphling Post #11

Quote from Devourer
Quote from Morphling
Quote from Centreri
What tools did you use?

I got to admit that this is really interesting, it seems to be a sort of broken red ball, but heck I love the mystic side of it :)
Thanks. :) I was going for a broken ball and I just loved the way the colors went together.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 3:21 pm Howler Post #12

Great fractals, keep making them and posting them!

None.

Feb 7 2010, 5:26 pm Morphling Post #13

Since someone said they liked the one with the chain looking things, I made another. Which do you like more?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 7 2010, 7:29 pm by Morphling.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 7:53 pm Super Duper Post #14

This one.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 8:38 pm Apos Post #15

I order you to forgive yourself!

The way they are made, you can look at them in 3D since they are almost the same. You can see how here if you didn't see it yet: 3D without glasses!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 7 2010, 9:53 pm by apos.

Feb 7 2010, 9:42 pm Morphling Post #16

I was bored and made this:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 7 2010, 11:12 pm by Morphling.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 11:50 pm LoveLess Post #17

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

If you removed the staredit network from the one on the left and placed it normally, it would look like he's in the water, which would be AWESOME. Love how you used whatever reflect repetitive tool there.

And also, the style she used in several of those are different versions of Fractical brushes, very common in the abstract art society. Their easier to do than brushes.

Sorry to bust your... Ovaries, Morphling No.2

And I believe she is using Paint.Net, many of the tools used in her pictures come with it as default settings.

None.

Feb 8 2010, 12:08 am Morphling Post #18

Quote from LoveLess
If you removed the staredit network from the one on the left and placed it normally, it would look like he's in the water, which would be AWESOME. Love how you used whatever reflect repetitive tool there.

And also, the style she used in several of those are different versions of Fractical brushes, very common in the abstract art society. Their easier to do than brushes.

Sorry to bust your... Ovaries, Morphling No.2

And I believe she is using Paint.Net, many of the tools used in her pictures come with it as default settings.
Like this? Yeah, I know it's easy to do, I never said anything about it being hard to make them. :D I'm not using Paint.net.

None.

Feb 8 2010, 3:08 am LoveLess Post #19

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

If you can fix the weird invert in the middle of his head from stretching so far in the 'water,' it would be perfect.

None.

Feb 8 2010, 3:11 am FatalException Post #20

It would also be epic win if you added water droplets (I'm assuming that you are trying to make it look like he's wading).

As for the others, fractals are kind of cool, but I've never really been a huge fan of them. The third row in the collapse box is my favorite.

None.

Options
  Back to forum