Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Super Smash Bros: Brawl - Final Destination
Super Smash Bros: Brawl - Final Destination
Jan 23 2010, 7:26 pm
By: atto  

Jan 30 2010, 10:26 pm atto Post #21

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of the knockback again guys. I have a few ideas about how it would work, just it would take a very long time to impliment.

I also started the game making the triggers for the special moves of each character with switches. Now I must go back and change all these switches to DCs because the game runs a bit slowly with all the conditions that need to be met from switching attacks (using an Up+B move, then attacking with Down+B move... the triggers seem to lag or have to catch up). Otherwise I thank all who encourage me to finish the game and try to make it popular. I think that this could be a wonderful start to a series of games because of the breadth of characters and maps that I can impliment using the very exact same trigger systems.

If anyone has any other suggestions or has comments/concerns with the game, please let me know. I would however like some of my other questions from the very first post answered. The feedback for those questions is important, even though I will be setting map making aside for a while.

Even though I'm sort of quitting map making for a short time, I am still going to need answers as soon as school is done in May. So please, keep posting and criticising my map. If you would like a version of the map to screw around with, I'd be happy to give you one because the game is no where close to being done. If you are grabbing the map from me to try and finish it for me, I will not allow you the privilage of having it. Otherwise, just request the map and you can play around with it and see what I have done / make suggestions to me.

I'd be happy to work with a few of you once I get back into the swing of things, many of you seem to have a genuine interest in helping me. I'd be willing to become "partners" or "co-creaters" with a few of you if contributions are significant. Anyone who helps will recieve the credit where credit is due! Thanks again!

None.

Apr 16 2010, 7:52 am atto Post #22

Hey everyone. Just as I said, it's time to start working on the map again. May is just around the bend, and my free time is becoming more readily available, so I thought I'd revive my post so I don't have to make this all over again.

Please, please give me some more feedback on my map. I know that this is being a little bit needy, but I am in some serious need of either some help, or a direct to pursue in terms of any final additions of my map. Currently, I'm working on my DC system for triggers as suggested by those whom I talked to about the "catch-up" that switches require.

One of the biggest things I'm having a difficult time with, is figuring out how-in-the-heck location grids work for things like spells that create interesting effects during game-play. Sine the game is supposed to be a carbon-copy of the real SSBB, having all the units created for a spell, directly below the hero is not favourable. If I could get something else besides a link to something that is poorly written and difficult enough to understand the third read through, it would be greatly appreciated. Again, please do not simply give me a poorly made post... I'm tired of being re-directed to something I find useless (not saying it is to those who actually understand it)...

None.

Options
  Back to forum