Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: The Zakat Chronicles
The Zakat Chronicles
Oct 25 2007, 3:08 am
By: LokiArexon  

Oct 25 2007, 3:08 am LokiArexon Post #1

The Zakat Chronicles:

5 Singleplayer Zerg missions where you play as Cerebrate Zakat, Kerrigan's new strike force commander. Taking place after the end of Brood Wars, Kerrigan seeks to further establish her stranglehold on the Koprulu sector, and to not only decimate her enemies but demonstrate her powers by creating unusually powerful new soldiers.

Each mission demands nonstop action. For mission 1, you might want to save after each sub-mission. For others, like Mission 3, you might need to replay after you've gotten a sense of the mission to achieve victory.

Mission 1:

In Mission 1, you must pass Kerrigan's 6 tests, demonstrating your capacities to defeat superior forces; inspired by "Impossible Scenarios" but slightly more simple to introduce the series to new players.

Mission 2:

In Mission 2, you go to the icy moon of Nova-IV, where General Benedict has fortified himself in an icy cave. Use your lurker forces to break through the enemy garrison, and when you reach him, make him part of the swarm.

Mission 3:

In Mission 3, Benedict's crysalis has been sieged by a rogue cerebrate. You must use your elite zergling and hydralisk heroes to break through past nefarious zerg traps, and perhaps some other enemy, too--but hurry, because time will soon run out.

Mission 4:

In Mission 4, you are to take out Cerebrate Kirin, who controls not only his own swarm but the research projects he was working on as well. Maka Zulu, the protoss archon who gained control of Kirin, will see you dead.

Mission 5:

While you were taking out Cerebrate Kirin, protoss and terran forces made a sneak attack on Cerebrate Kull! Keep Cerebrate Kull alive until your strike forces can reinforce him and take the enemy out!

Attachments:
The Zakat Chronicles.zip
Hits: 22 Size: 451.55kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2007, 10:00 am by LokiArexon.

None.

Oct 25 2007, 4:13 am Zank Post #2

not feelin this too much but w/e

None.

Oct 26 2007, 4:33 am LokiArexon Post #3

Are you talking about just the last level or did you start from the beginning? It's probs better if you start from beginning, the last mission is still pretty unpolished.

None.

Nov 17 2007, 10:08 am LokiArexon Post #4

I have revised certain parts of this campaign and reposted the campaign as a single zip file.

Mission 4 might be a bit confusing because of so many new units and so many optional bosses. For reference:

Your Non-disposable Hero:

Infected Benedict - (Infested Duran)
HP: 600
Armor: 6
Damage: 50

Disposable Heroes:

Duke Omnivus (1) - (Torrasque)
HP: 1600
Armor: 8
Damage: 100 (upg: 6)

Muk'rug (1) - (Hero Defiler)
HP: 500

Maz'rak (2) - (Hunter Killer)
HP: 320
Armor: 4
Needle Spines: 40 (upg: 2)

Jak'al (4) - (Devouring One)
HP: 240
Claws: 20 (upg: 2)

Og'Dol (3) - (Yggdrasil)
HP: 2000

Enemy Bosses:

(Required) Maka Zulu (1) - (Archon Hero)
HP: 200 / Shields: 1600
Damage: 120

(Required) Cerebrate Kirin (1) - (Zerg Cerebrate)
HP: 1500
Armor: 1

(Optional) Duchess Mothma (1) - (Kukulza: Mutalisk)
HP: 600
Damage: 36

(Optional) Infested Norad III (1) - (Norad II)
HP: 1400

Enemy Lieutenants:

Murdur Bot (4):
HP: 480 / Shields: 480
Damage: 90

Infested Siege Tank (several):
HP: 1500
Armor: 15
Damage: 16

Infested Battlecruiser (2):
HP: 1000

None.

Nov 17 2007, 7:25 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Possible to know the average time of playing?

None.

Nov 17 2007, 8:27 pm LokiArexon Post #6

Missions 1-2 go at your own pace. Mission 3 will always take less than 1/2 hour. Mission 4 will usually take more than 45 minutes. Mission 5 has a time limit that's displayed in-game.

None.

Nov 18 2007, 4:58 am Marine Post #7

so is it multiple maps or something? I dont think i fully understand...

None.

Nov 18 2007, 1:01 pm LokiArexon Post #8

You download a single .zip file, which after you unzip will have 5 maps in it. So yes, it is multiple maps.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:44 pm Mantis Post #9

can't download it

None.

Dec 1 2008, 8:16 am Legion Post #10

No file to download.

None.

Dec 1 2008, 1:38 pm Insane Crusader Post #11

Same problem here. Any chance of fixing it? :)

None.

Dec 2 2008, 7:04 am Decency Post #12

http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=25194

Stolen, or did you somehow lose 5 missions?

None.

Dec 2 2008, 7:28 am Doodan Post #13

I want to see what his response is before I take any actions.

None.

Dec 2 2008, 5:01 pm Excalibur Post #14

The sword and the faith

Really hope he's just using a different account name rather than it being stolen. Would be a damn shame. =/

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 3 2008, 6:04 am LokiArexon Post #15

Whoa, holy necro thread.

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, I have actually three different names.

Morth - starcraft.org

Krazy - CampaignCreations

LokiArexon - Here (Also my USWest handle)

None.

Dec 3 2008, 6:08 am LokiArexon Post #16

I cut several missions because I felt like they were below par for the rest of the campaign, although still somewhat fun. I posted a link to the original campaign before revisions here: http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/starcraft/starcraft-survivors-a-single-player-campaign/msg20535/#new

I'm currently working on a third draft that fixes some minor things throughout all the missions, and thinking about revising but maybe putting in a "Bonus Pack" the missions I originally cut.

I didn't think it would be an issue since the thread on sc.org was a year and a half old when I made this thread.

I went ahead and posted under my old name at warboards to clear up any confusion: http://www.warboards.org/showthread.php?t=25194&page=4

Just wondering tho, FaZ- , since both of these threads are over a year old, what prompted you to post and how did you possibly make that connection? LOL

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Dec 3 2008, 8:32 am by LokiArexon.

None.

Dec 5 2008, 12:52 pm Doodan Post #17

No worries, man. Just making sure. If I ever get some free time, I'd be happy to play your campaigns and give you a detailed review.

None.

Dec 7 2008, 8:12 am LokiArexon Post #18

That'd be great, considering Episode 4 of the Doodan Chronicles was one of my top 3 inspirations.

I updated some things trying to make characters more consistent, fixed some triggers, added some other stuff, and also revised three of the missions I originally cut and put them back in as bonus missions. Here is the link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/74849792/f12808b8/Zakat_Campaign_Mark_3.html

The Bonus Missions were originally part of the main campaign, so they're interspersed in the timeline. Bonus Missions A and B can probably be played at any time (they originally were after Mission 2 and before 3), and Bonus Mission C is supposed to be a movie map reward for beating Mission 3.

Haven't quite finished playing through this latest iteration again so sorry if any bugs (and please report if there are!)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2008, 9:34 am by LokiArexon.

None.

Jul 5 2015, 4:50 pm Rawflesh0615 Post #19

I clicked on the link, it's invalid, BS , something is wrong within it. You need to check it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2015, 5:19 pm by Rawflesh0615.

None.

Options
  Back to forum