Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Terrain/Map Request
Terrain/Map Request
Jan 12 2010, 1:02 am
By: fritfrat  

Jan 12 2010, 1:02 am fritfrat Post #1

Hello,
I plan on entering into the RTS mapping competition, and after spending about an hour or so on terrain, I realized that.. well, I'm pretty terrible at it. I completed the general layout, but for connecting areas, making areas more interesting, backwards and smaller/bigger ramps, etc., I felt that there would probably be someone out there who could polish it up much quicker than I could.

It's on ice terrain, which I know isn't that great, but you could just apply the general idea of what I started to a new terrain if you want to put the time into it. Either way, I would give you full credit for the terrain, and I promise that I'll make an exciting strategy game out of it!

As far as the game goes, it's going to be based on the concept that RISK is (with beacons, timers, incomes, and continent bonuses), but basically share nothing in common with it besides that (i.e. actually have good balance, no tanks/turtling like crazy, no outrageous upgrades, etc). Also, I always finish what I started and I do so with high quality standards, so I guarantee that what you work on will be used in a functional, balanced, and polished map. I'll send along general ideas for possible units being used and their stats with the terrain I started with for anyone who expresses interest, as far as knowing what type of strategy it is being made for. Thanks.

None.

Jan 12 2010, 6:33 am payne Post #2

:payne:

What is the map's dimension and why making it Ice ? XD

None.

Jan 12 2010, 7:25 pm fritfrat Post #3

The layout is 192x128, but again, you don't have to use the layout I have (or ice). I did it in ice just because most maps aren't done in ice and I felt like being different.
I attached the layout I made. If you start from scratch, I still want to just keep to the idea of 7+ continents with room for 4+ beacons on each one, and each having 2-3 connections, but that's about the only constraint.

Attachments:
RTS contest.scx
Hits: 7 Size: 104.37kb

None.

Jan 12 2010, 8:30 pm samsizzle Post #4

Honestly, your better off just doing it yourself, that way you get practice and you don't end up with someones idea of what your map should look like.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 8:09 am Rantent Post #5

and honestly, it's rts.

None.

Options
  Back to forum