Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Staircase: Help Required!
Staircase: Help Required!
Jan 11 2010, 1:37 am
By: NothingZ
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 19 2010, 3:44 pm Super Duper Post #41

Quote from name:Pronogo
I understand that. -.-
I meant that if you planned on having it directly transition to dirt /WITHOUT/ any additional terrain modifications, you'd obviously need sprites. Well, that is to say, if you didn't want it to be horrendously ugly.
He could do something like this, yknow.

Kinda blocky at some parts, but I didnt wanna completely destroy the staircase.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 19 2010, 7:21 pm by Ciara.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 6:09 pm Pr0nogo Post #42

Good god, that's even worse...

Jan 19 2010, 7:25 pm Super Duper Post #43

Lets see you make one that looks nicer. I put little to no effort into making that picture, so of course it looks bad. I was just trying to show the concept of how it would blend. Sure, it needs polishing and stuff, but other than that its fine.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 7:27 pm Pr0nogo Post #44

Quote from name:Ciara
Lets see you make one that looks nicer. I put little to no effort into making that picture, so of course it looks bad. I was just trying to show the concept of how it would blend. Sure, it needs polishing and stuff, but other than that its fine.

I can't terrain for shit. Doesn't mean I can't comment. Yours was bad, and if I think or know so, I'm going to say so. Stop expecting something else.

Jan 19 2010, 8:30 pm Super Duper Post #45

Well since I cant give out a vague example without getting criticized, I haft to break my neck to show what I mean by doing the whole thing.

None.

Jan 19 2010, 9:18 pm samsizzle Post #46

Sorry for being so harsh. The concept is great and everything but can someone do it without all the weird cliff dimensions. I have one right now in the makes which doesn't have the weird cliff errors but it's blocky as hell i'll show in a sec.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 2:17 am FlashBeer Post #47

Here's my take on the staircase. I tried to implement actual stairs and fix dimension issues. Don't focus on the blocky cliffs, focus on the blocky stairs.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 2:29 am payne Post #48

:payne:

I like how the shadow on the stairs is all fucked up XD

None.

Jan 20 2010, 2:47 am samsizzle Post #49

Thank you flashbeer. That looks like a proper staircase. Even if it is blocky, it looks 10 times better without the dimension issues.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 6:35 pm Pr0nogo Post #50

Quote from samsizzle
Thank you flashbeer. That looks like a proper staircase. Even if it is blocky, it looks 10 times better without the dimension issues.

More or less what he said.

Jan 23 2010, 8:08 am Rantent Post #51

I actually really like the cliff idea you have going on the left. (Straight cliffs are such a bore) A little touching up and it would be stunner.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 9:07 am Falkoner Post #52

Lol, it reminds me of the Great Wall of China now :P

None.

Jan 31 2010, 5:59 am DavidJCobb Post #53

FlashBeer, it looks awesome without the dimension issues, and the left-side cliff looks beast with the tree sprites! :D

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum