Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: RPG Challenge Deadline Extended
RPG Challenge Deadline Extended
Dec 31 2009, 4:45 am
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 13 2010, 8:52 am payne Post #41

:payne:

Quote from xYoshix
My map is released. X
I made my review. It sucks more than the reply I made in the thread.
I still give it a 8.2/10 ^^
I suggest you to go over the points I mentioned before saying it's final release (I'm proposing you some uber polishing).
Also, the dialogues would look tons better if you had made them more like this:
Code
 [Kane]
     Test blabla.
     Yup, spaces
     in front.

None.

Jan 13 2010, 4:58 pm Ahli Post #42

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Should I upload my buggy version?
I had to much to learn and to do. I couldn't continue my progress.
A few things already work. But shoting arrows still didn't work.

Jan 13 2010, 10:19 pm Neki Post #43

Hm, this will be cutting it close. But in all honesty, I'd rather release the map as a whole rather than a demo, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 2:45 am Kaias Post #44

qPirateKing is the fifth judge.

I had planned to release a brief demo of Nightfall on the 14th, however, Lethal_Illusion and I made the decision that it would be best to finish more before releasing something so premature.

Good luck to everyone; submissions are due by the end of tomorrow.

Quote from Ahli
Should I upload my buggy version?
I had to much to learn and to do. I couldn't continue my progress.
A few things already work. But shoting arrows still didn't work.
Definitely.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 3:47 am samsizzle Post #45

Quote from Kaias
I had planned to release a brief demo of Nightfall on the 14th, however, Lethal_Illusion and I made the decision that it would be best to finish more before releasing something so premature.

You've gotta be kidding. I was gonna have a party with strippers and everything for the release of nightfalls demo...

None.

Jan 14 2010, 5:19 am UnholyUrine Post #46

Quote from UnholyUrine
I thought I remember you saying that the Judges will be 'everyone' ...

I'm not gonna bother trying to find that post :\ .. but I feel a poll should still be held for this.

Quote from Kaias
Evaluation
Maps will not be judged by any set rubric, nor by any judges, but rather by the community. The mineral reward will be distributed among the seven most reputable submissions. Distribution percentages will be determined when the time comes. All exceptional entries will receive a minimum of 100 minerals.

[...]

EDITē: Yeah.. it wasn't hard to find the quote.. as it was stated in the first post a year ago... maybe you want to clear things up a bit, kaias...

Thanks for completely ignoring me.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 7:19 am azala Post #47

My submission: Azala's 90KB RPG v1.100
It comes with a detailed description of gameplay and mechanics, attached - should be read by judges, and anyone looking to understand the game.

Attachments:
Azalas 90KB RPG - README.txt
Hits: 24 Size: 7.2kb

None.

Jan 14 2010, 9:17 am Falkoner Post #48

I am really, really upset and frustrated to have to say this, but my map won't be entering in this contest. I underestimated the time I would need to work, I've been staying up late for the past 6 nights and I still haven't managed to get as far as I'd need to. I could throw together a few features of the map and submit it, but that would cause sloppiness, and this map has been in planning for around two years now(sadly), and I don't want to mess it up because I was in a hurry to add some systems for this contest.

Even if I did just that, it would only show the basic idea of the map, and it certainly wouldn't be something worthy of any judging, it would simply be a waste of time, on my part, and the part of the judges. This contest has, however, given me the kick in the rear I needed to get to work on my map(s) and finish them up before SC2. I'm sincerely sorry I couldn't get it in for this contest, but at the progress I've been making, which will probably slow a bit more, due to the deadline removal, but should still continue, I estimate sometime in February the completed map will be released for public eyes.

Thanks for giving me that start I needed, I wish I coulda had the map finished, best of luck to everyone else who submits, and you deserve praise for at least getting it in on time.

ADDITION: Oh, and judges, if you still wanna play an RPG from me, enjoy ;)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 14 2010, 9:22 am by Falkoner.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 9:51 am Ahli Post #49

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Here's my buggy mess.
I know that there are still many bugs.
Arrows and monster movement are the worst.

Walk with WASD on your battlefield (I will change that because a = attack hotkey :X)

Jan 14 2010, 2:15 pm Kenoli Post #50

I need another two weeks.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 5:39 pm Kenshin23 Post #51

My rpg only let's you play a little beyond the first boss, only to show you what the gameplay will be like. Still about an hours worth of gameplay.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 5:52 pm Norm Post #52

Quote from Kenoli
I need another two weeks.

I need another year.

None.

Jan 14 2010, 8:11 pm Biophysicist Post #53

I have to drop out. I've been in the hospital and as such haven't been able to work on BASW. I'll /try/ to finish the spawning system (which is all that's left to do), but don't get your hopes up.

(I was discharged this morning. The reason I didn't tell anyone is because I was there for very personal reasons.)

EDIT: I'm still interested in judging, though.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum