Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: X Dodge - A text game
X Dodge - A text game
Dec 3 2009, 6:09 am
By: LostInMyself
Pages: < 1 2 3

Dec 26 2009, 6:03 am Kaias Post #41

I played it multiplayer. My player 3 complained about it not working at all, the screens weren't centered, and we could lift off our buildings, ruining the game. It seemed to work fine for me, however. I also think that your score should accumulate all your points across all your games, but should instead display your highest score.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 6:06 am payne Post #42

:payne:

Quote from Kaias
I played it multiplayer. My player 3 complained about it not working at all, the screens weren't centered, and we could lift off our buildings, ruining the game. It seemed to work fine for me, however. I also think that your score should accumulate all your points across all your games, but should instead display your highest score.
That was me! ^^

None.

Dec 26 2009, 6:12 am LostInMyself Post #43

Frankly if your dumb enough to lift off your barracks then you shouldn't be playing it in the first place.
Running total seemed like games would be more competitive. I'll make a highest score version to try it.

I'll look into that bug asap.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 6:20 am Kaias Post #44

Quote from LostInMyself
Frankly if your dumb enough to lift off your barracks then you shouldn't be playing it in the first place.
I lifted them off when I got bored, and it is easy to be annoying with floating buildings everywhere, especially when you're still trying to rack up points. I would also give the players vision with each other, even if you are center-viewed at your station and can only see them on the minimap, it helps make it feel like the competition is more real and you aren't just playing by yourself.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 6:30 am LostInMyself Post #45

If you lift off your barracks you will lose, plain and simple.
This is a simple game so I can understand getting bored. Any suggestions to get some more excitement out of it?

vM.2 is now uploaded with players 3-6 working. Everyone has vision to each other now too.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 6:36 am DavidJCobb Post #46

Stuff flying around, acting as ambient graphics? Random distracting explosions behind the Xes?

None.

Jan 2 2010, 8:36 pm ImagoDeo Post #47

Quote from DavidJCobb
Stuff flying around, acting as ambient graphics? Random distracting explosions behind the Xes?

This.

Also, I just wanted to congratulate you on coming up with something totally original...

Quote from Kaias
http://www.staredit.net/topic/9184/

This could be applied beautifully to this map in making it multiplayer.

Yeah, it could. Two spider mines, select one to move left and the other to move right. When you select them, it gives them to a computer player and then back instantaneously, to reset the trigger.

It would be a heckuva lot faster than accumulate triggers.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 2 2010, 8:49 pm by ImagoDeo.

None.

Jan 2 2010, 8:48 pm ImagoDeo Post #48

ah, double post...

None.

Jan 2 2010, 8:48 pm ImagoDeo Post #49

ah, double post - sorry about that.

None.

Jan 2 2010, 9:59 pm LostInMyself Post #50

I found out this lags horribly on b.net I will implement the hot key method and see how that goes.

EDIT: I need more information on setting up a selection detection system. That link was absolutely no help.
Did a search for selection detection, hot key detection and simple detection and found nothing.
Searched the wiki and found nothing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 2 2010, 10:21 pm by LostInMyself.

None.

Jan 3 2010, 3:06 am Cinolt Post #51

Quote from ImagoDeo
It would be a heckuva lot faster than accumulate triggers.

I doubt it would be noticeably faster because selection detection has the same latency as building a unit.

In fact, because of the delay I wouldn't recommend selection detection in this, unless you're fine with it always moving in the direction you selected. You'd see what I mean if you tried implementing it. Here's a more informative thread on it: Selection Detection(EUD). Just note that when it refers to Unit 1, Unit 2 etc. it's referring to the unit's Local ID, which is important.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum