EXO-Squad
Nov 25 2009, 5:04 pm
By: PearS  

Dec 7 2009, 2:59 am PearS Post #21

I'm taking a break from this for a while because of finals/moving

not that it matters because the file had two hits -.-

None.

Dec 7 2009, 3:22 am Echo Post #22

You shouldn't let that discourage you. There are a lot of other people who play UMS that don't visit SEN.

None.

Dec 7 2009, 3:28 am New-Guy Post #23

Okay, now to give you feedback on my test (Sorry it took so long... Been busy....).
I think you should continue this; it looks like it has heaps and loads of promise to become a great game. I loved Mech Warrior RPG, and I thought that a game like it, but with PvP capabilities would be awesome. That's what you've put up here.
Some things that I can think could improve are the explanations and the computers.
Explanations are a little... difficult or vague about what to do next (like how to finish production of your mech. It'd be nice to know about the ultra's in-game.)
As for the computers; they're weak. With one player I was able to nearly take out a city. The only thing that stopped me was the machine gun.

One last thing: is it possible to heal? I had almost died, then couldn't find a place to heal... Are you planning on putting healing into it and just haven't put it in the demo yet?

None.

Dec 7 2009, 4:10 pm PearS Post #24

ok right on. A lot of the things you mentioned are because this is the first version. I would beef up briefing and include all the bits that you talked about that i forgot in the first place. Also, since players don't have to wait on others to finish making their frame before they can play...i could include a hands on tutorial. One that requires them to make a selection before moving on to the next stage.

And you're right about the balance. I kept it how it was because the computers were almost evently matched if they fought by themselves. I was a little inspired by Athlit in that at the beginning the comp could mess you up but after a few levels they were very much fodder and nothing really mattered but the sunken colonies and the invisible tanks. I'll try to switch stuff around. I just have to be careful because i DO NOT want to edit the E-Frame hp because then i would have to edit all those damn triggers.

Yes there will be a heal ability but i'm hot sure how to implement it yet. And also maybe there will only be a heal building at the main bases for each faction. Not sure. What do you think? I think if there was a heal located at the two cities on the edge of space it would be too easy to run in, kill, and you could run and heal in a couple minutes.

thanks for the input brudda

Oh and i won't let the lack of players discourage me. It just sucks when you finish a big project that took ages and you cant play it with anybody except the couple people on your friends list once or twice and then ignore it haha. meh whatevs.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2009, 4:20 pm by PearS.

None.

Dec 7 2009, 4:16 pm Kaias Post #25

Quote from PearS
not that it matters because the file had two hits -.-
http://www.staredit.net/193946/
If this is the only place to download (it's all I saw) it then make it more obvious and move it to the original post. If it isn't, then it's still too unapparent.

None.

Dec 7 2009, 4:22 pm PearS Post #26

well i had opened another thread but i did that in err. but you're right i'll move it up. thanks. btw your profile pictures are always awesome =]

None.

Dec 20 2009, 1:40 am PearS Post #27

hey mods this can be closed. I continued making it playable for a few more guys but i soon realized that there just wasn't much there. I think the frame customization/creation is great and in depth but the actual fighting is lacking. It may have been better with the quests and stuff but i'm not having fun making it and instead will play around with another map. thanks.

None.

Options
  Back to forum