AoS Map Idea
Nov 24 2009, 1:49 am
By: Urahara  

Nov 26 2009, 6:45 am Urahara Post #21

Quote from MEMEME670
Kk, so first.

Knight can = DT.

Zeal carries two light swords, which is more something a pirate would do, is also fast.

Irl, no Knight is fast. They also carry a sword and shield (possibly represented by DT constant set shields?) and have heavy armor, meaning theyre slow and hard to manuver until theyre on their horse (spell possibility?)

Beast CAN BE ling. Panther = Beast, yet it is nothing like an ultralisk. Wolves are beasts too, and assuming this is some king lone wolf, it could easily be a killer ling.

Dragon = Flight.

Behemoth as ultra works, but you might want to think of Archon, if only for increased moveability.

AoS =/= Day/Night system. He could have it so it never goes night, and then the cloaking wouldnt even matter.

Also i believe theirs ways for you to uncloak a unit without giving horrible sight or anything, but idk. I would think so though.

I like serial killer as firebat, i like it alot.

Elf is hardly used in AoS.

Tiger being that its fast. Makes sense if you think about what some primitive units (beast) would call a vulture.

If your a bomber and you wear a flamethrower, im surprised you live past 20.

Scimitar (on the open seas, swords got you cut down.)/Dagger was the pirates arsenal of weaponry, along with pistol (which works as a l1 spell)

I loved angel as tass. Medic seems too human. Also, medic walks, Tass moves by teleporting himself and leaning.

Two DTs works, although because its 2v2, nope you have spirit, so yeah. You need about 3 cloaking units for detection to be ever worth it in a given game. Else itll be so rarely useable..

Althogh when i think of demon i would be thinking of a DA.

Zany, check up on history. Pirates did not use *Big swinging cutlass* like weapons. They used scimitars and such as fighting with multiple people around you meant any picking up of your weapon got you shot or cut.
Awesome MEMEME
Someone has some logic and i did actually have the idea of constant shields for Knight
"If your a bomber and you wear a flamethrower, im surprised you live past 20."
Thats funny
But im thinking of changing bomber into a different unit other then Marine
I said before that i didnt want to stereotype crap
Im probably going to make Bomber more a slow and stealthy unit
Although this confused me
Quote from MEMEME670
Two DTs works, although because its 2v2, nope you have spirit, so yeah. You need about 3 cloaking units for detection to be ever worth it in a given game. Else itll be so rarely useable...
Explain Please :D

None.

Nov 27 2009, 2:02 am Urahara Post #22

A new idea im thinking of adding is there will be a sixty second delay between night and day/day and night
So heres how it will go
9 minutes: Day
1 minute:Twilight
9 minutes:Night
1 minute: Twilight

None.

Nov 27 2009, 3:55 am fat_flying_pigs Post #23

Quote from Urahara
16 mana- 1: Spite(Slows the Enemy for 5 seconds)(Lvls increase time by 2 seconds)
20 mana- 11: Malice(Stops slowing and creates 8 guardians with 10 dmg(+1 dmg per up)(+1 wave of guards)
34 mana- 2:Pass-through(Creates a scourge, allows unit to move anywhere for 10 seconds)(no lvls)
40 mana- 22: Sneak Attack(Reappear and Attack with 8 Hydras)
50 mana- 3: Life Shock(Stuns all units and kills all spawns around spirit)(Lasts a second longer each time)
85 mana- 4: Haunt(Slows Opponent,Drains Mana, and spawns 10 guardians over 10 seconds)(Guardians double with level)
90 mana- 44: Curse(Stuns opponent for 10 seconds, drains mana twice as fast, and spawns 8 hydras around foe)

Is this better?
I like it a bit more :/

Its better, and more ghost like. I'm confused what spell 22 does. And how does spell 2 work?
Spell 44 stuns for 10 seconds. That's a 1 hit KO if you have any allies near by.
I like the haunt spell, its a fitting name, and a behavior a spirit would exhibit.

What unit is the spirit again? (plz, god, not a hydra)

Quote from Urahara
A new idea im thinking of adding is there will be a sixty second delay between night and day/day and night
So heres how it will go
9 minutes: Day
1 minute:Twilight
9 minutes:Night
1 minute: Twilight

Twilight: "the soft, diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, either from daybreak to sunrise or, more commonly, from sunset to nightfall."

How bout just calling it dusk and dawn? And 1 minute has little effect on any game play. Dusk and dawn are useless unless they do something, and they are around long enough for that "something" to resolve, and affect game play.

Something I intended to do in my map was have day/dusk/night/dawn. Each lighting would affect the map realistically. In day, everything is visible. When its dusk, your opponents 1/2 of the map is visible, but not yours (base too?). Night, everything is dark (base too?). Dawn, your 1/2 of the map is visible, while your opponents is dark. (My timing is day: 6min, dusk: 2min, night: 6min, dawn: 2min. This gives plenty of time to utilize the light factor in the map). Oh, and invisible units (dt's, ninjas, ghosts, cloaked units) are invisible in the dark. Doing this uses map revelers on 1/2 the map for 2 computers. Day = vis from both comps, dusk = opponent comp only, night = none, dawn = your comp only.

None.

Nov 27 2009, 4:36 am Urahara Post #24

Problem with that
You are saying the sun rises and sets on two sides of the map?
No logic lol
But the spirit is a little iffy
im thinking of making him a Ghost/DT
Idk :/
But then id have 2 dts again x.x

None.

Nov 27 2009, 4:46 am fat_flying_pigs Post #25

Quote from Urahara
Problem with that
No logic lol

In the optimal setting, the sun rises in the east, and goes down in the west. However, this creates an imbalance because 1 team gets darkness before the other team. This can play as an advantage/disadvantage to invisible units depending on who controls what part of the maps, and where the spawns are fighting. To be fair to both teams, my method is the most fair. This is perfectly acceptable since the battle ground is not necessary earth (can be another planet/universe).

GJ on the ghost/dt decision. I personally like the DT cuz its melee.

None.

Nov 27 2009, 4:59 am Urahara Post #26

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Quote from Urahara
Problem with that
No logic lol

In the optimal setting, the sun rises in the east, and goes down in the west. However, this creates an imbalance because 1 team gets darkness before the other team. This can play as an advantage/disadvantage to invisible units depending on who controls what part of the maps, and where the spawns are fighting. To be fair to both teams, my method is the most fair. This is perfectly acceptable since the battle ground is not necessary earth (can be another planet/universe).

GJ on the ghost/dt decision. I personally like the DT cuz its melee.
I could start on my map but im also having trouble with terrain
If i ever do start then ill do knight and spirit so i gotta decide whether DT or ghost
I have 2 ghosts already so i might do dT
Also you asked what the 22 does
pretty much if im a little bit away from you as a scourge i reappear with 8 hydras for 1 shot

None.

Nov 27 2009, 5:04 am MEMEME670 Post #27

Bomber isnt slow and stealthy, just like bombs are.

You see bombs coming from a mile away, but unless your prepared, they will hurt you.

Bomber should be the same.

Spirit as hydra i like.. idk, if you can get it to cloak ill like it. Possibly make it like..an infested character, and when he burrows a dt pops out and is his true form...idk. Dt prolly works better, or ghost with perma cloak or faster regen energy or something.

Reason w/ detection, if you had 2 or less cloaking heroes, detection spells (youll need some now) would be almost useless, and prolly very rare due to that.

None.

Nov 27 2009, 5:14 am Urahara Post #28

Quote from MEMEME670
Bomber isnt slow and stealthy, just like bombs are.

You see bombs coming from a mile away, but unless your prepared, they will hurt you.

Bomber should be the same.

Spirit as hydra i like.. idk, if you can get it to cloak ill like it. Possibly make it like..an infested character, and when he burrows a dt pops out and is his true form...idk. Dt prolly works better, or ghost with perma cloak or faster regen energy or something.

Reason w/ detection, if you had 2 or less cloaking heroes, detection spells (youll need some now) would be almost useless, and prolly very rare due to that.
I know what you are saying
and i like it
Bomber Should Stay as rine and Spirit Stays as Hydra
Also added some ideas for pirate if you want to see :/

None.

Options
  Back to forum