Spell sets
Nov 8 2009, 9:47 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Nov 29 2009, 2:48 pm Biophysicist Post #21

@Thunderforge/Stormcharge: Stormcharge costs mana to use. Thunderforge costs mana to build, but not to use. (It does take a second or two to activate, however.)

@Gremlins/Chain Destruction: You can have a few of both. I'm thinking max 6 Tassadars and max 3 Effigies.

@Battle Mediation: I think it would have its uses, especially when going against a melee enemy.

@Ultrabolt: You don't take damage from your own Ultrabolts.

@Thunder Elemental: The Archon is too powerful to just ignore.

@Pillar of Light: I'll make it so they can't be constructed close together.

@Wall of Water: JYD AI.

@Create Water: Probably Archon deaths for water. The water will last a while, not sure how long yet.

@Teachings of the Water: I really doubt you'll be able to just spam this ability. It's very mana-intensive to use, for one thing. I know it'll take a lot of balance work but that's okay with me.

@Aquatic Healing: Maybe so.

@Intimidating Stance: I don't see this one being OP.

@Summoning Stance: There's no stimpacks and the broodlings are retarded.

@Manifestation of Rage: The lurks only last a few seconds.

@Firesprint: Yah, the zlot's charge is a good way to describe this ability.

@Shadowporter: It functions just like a regular Nydus Canal.

@Soul Ferry: Not sure yet. This is one of those spells that'll be a balancing nightmare, lol. But I'm okay with that. Yes, Souls in a Soul Ferry grant XP when killed.

@Soul Fusion: It's used by merging two Souls to a Dark Archon. :P

@Soul Fury: They only last a few seconds.

@Monster Gate: Not sure yet. The hatcheries can be destroyed.

@Soul Binding: One-time effect, and they only stay under your control temporarily.

@Hellfire: It's a very complicated system involving over 9000 cloaked Wraiths.

@Gold Mine: There will be a limit on ALL constructed/summoned stuff.

@Healing Potion: Good point, but that's why you keep them away from the front lines.

@Forge spells: There is no limit, because there's no way to destroy them.

I'm not sure if I want to give SoH any offensive spells. You really shouldn't be allyless with any character.

@Teleportation: There is no leash but it takes a few seconds between the casting and the actual teleport taking place.

@Theivery: Of course.

@Armed Messangers: ... FAIl on my part. I'll switch the tiers of the two spells.

@Road Warrior: Roads are Beacons. If you're on a road, you get bonus armor, otherwise, you spawn a Beacon.

@Build Supercomputer: ?

@Tier 1 hacks: I know and decided I don't care. (It's set in modern times, though.)

@Create Hypercomputer: Uh... Max 3.

@Defense Hack: I'm using the pylonless cannon glitch.

@Bombardment Hack: As for the Medic having to blind foes to death: Athena is supposed to be dependent on allies until she gets this spell. Also, it doesn't take as long as you might think to get it.

@Love Trap: A few seconds.

@Infaturation: dunno

@Lovesickness: Good point. I'll lower the duration.

@Summon Cupid: The Wraith has a very weak attack. It can not cloak.

@Love Arrow: Yah, Cupid was originally going to be an SCV, and I guess I forgot to change it to say Wraith. The stun will be accomplished by move-order spam.

@Attract: A few seconds.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2009, 4:56 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: You lose The Game.

None.

Nov 29 2009, 5:21 pm Magicide Post #22

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

http://www.demigodthegame.com/

Nov 29 2009, 8:46 pm ImagoDeo Post #23

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
@Pillar of Light: I'll make it so they can't be constructed close together.

@Teachings of the Water: I really doubt you'll be able to just spam this ability. It's very mana-intensive to use, for one thing. I know it'll take a lot of balance work but that's okay with me.

@Intimidating Stance: I don't see this one being OP.

@Firesprint: Yah, the zlot's charge is a good way to describe this ability.

@Shadowporter: It functions just like a regular Nydus Canal.

@Soul Ferry: Not sure yet. This is one of those spells that'll be a balancing nightmare, lol. But I'm okay with that. Yes, Souls in a Soul Ferry grant XP when killed.

@Hellfire: It's a very complicated system involving over 9000 cloaked Wraiths.

@Healing Potion: Good point, but that's why you keep them away from the front lines.

@Forge spells: There is no limit, because there's no way to destroy them.

I'm not sure if I want to give SoH any offensive spells. You really shouldn't be allyless with any character.

@Teleportation: There is no leash but it takes a few seconds between the casting and the actual teleport taking place.

@Road Warrior: Roads are Beacons. If you're on a road, you get bonus armor, otherwise, you spawn a Beacon.

@Build Supercomputer: ?

@Infaturation: dunno

@Lovesickness: Good point. I'll lower the duration.

@Pillar of Light - How will that help? Seems to me it'd be easy to stack a whole bunch of them in a secure location before ever venturing out to fight your opponents. If this is AoS-style, it'd be insanely easy to build as many as possible inside your base before leaving to fight the other heroes.

@Teachings of the Water - Just make it so you can't overuse it. It should be useful enough to get a small boost, but make it less efficient than killing enemy spawn or whatever.

@Intimidating Stance - Nevertheless, check to see if it can be abused before you make a final judgment on this. Get someone to help and do your utmost to drain all their mana. I'd be willing to test it with you.

@Firesprint - Well, that sounds neat. Are you sure it's gonna work properly?

@Shadowporter - I assume there's gonna be creep to port to... else it's kinda useless...

@Soul Ferry - I would add some check to make sure the Spawn of Hades doesn't feed his/her opponents. There are people who would exploit this by having an ally on the opposing side to feed them.

@Hellfire - Seriously?

@Healing Potion - Then what use are they? If this is an AoS-style, which it seems to be, then you can just heal at the temple. Makes the potions totally pointless.

@Forge spells - No limit?! That's kinda OP. The SoH can make his allies OP by standing in the base and handing them a billion Celestial Blades.

@Teleportation - So it's a one-cast spell? I thought you cast it again to teleport. Teleporting out of combat and straight back to your base is rather OP.

@Road Warrior - Ok. I knew it would be ridiculously simple. StarCraft can't change terrain with triggers, so I wondered.

@Build Supercomputer - It says 'Builds a Power Generator...'

@Infatuation - Personally, I'd set it to 5 seconds. Then again, the more monsters you can command at once, the shorter the period of time should be.

@Lovesickness - This could potentially be OP, just like Intimidating Stance. If I were the DoA, I'd rush mana and spam it on my enemies. Depending on the cost and maximum mana, you could disable your opponents for a seriously long time. Even the Son of Hermes would be helpless; couldn't teleport out.

Final note -

This game looks like it's shaping up pretty well. I look forward to testing it with you, if you need help testing, that is.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2009, 8:57 pm by ImagoDeo.

None.

Nov 30 2009, 1:05 am Biophysicist Post #24

@Pillar of Light: It's not an AoS style. It's actually an RPG with some arena elements. (As I said in the OP, the goal is to get the most "victory points" by killing creeps or other heroes, with other heroes giving much much much more victory points. The problem is that if you kill off too many of the heroes, the creeps will own your face.) Therefore, you can't just spam pylons in your base, because you have no base.

@Soul Ferry: I don't understand what you're trying to say.

@Hellfire: Actually I realized a much simpler way to do it.

@Healing Potion: As I said before, this isn't an AoS, so you can't heal at the temple, because there is no temple. You can heal when you level, but otherwise, the only way to heal is to be a Zerg unit, or allied Healing Potions.

@Forge spells: Once again, your criticism is assuming that the map is an AoS, which it isn't. Also, Son of Hephaestus needs lots of mana to keep his team well-supplied, so he has to venture out into combat to level for mana ups.

@Teleportation: It is not a one-cast spell. However, the actual teleportation takes a few seconds.

@Infatuation: I'll lower the duration, but at this point I'm not going to make the duration inversely based on the number of controlled monsters.

@Lovesickness: Good point, but this spell has a very high mana cost.

This game looks like it's shaping up pretty well. I look forward to testing it with you, if you need help testing, that is.
Of course I'll need help testing. :P

None.

Dec 2 2009, 5:14 pm PearS Post #25

feels very world of warcraft. like those lvl 80 heroic dungeons . I forget the name but the first boss has the stances and he hits like a truck if you let him powerup at a node. the aggressive deenseive stances etc. and some of those light spells just put me back in that instance. is it safe to say you got some motivation from wow?

None.

Dec 2 2009, 11:51 pm ImagoDeo Post #26

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
@Pillar of Light: It's not an AoS style. It's actually an RPG with some arena elements. (As I said in the OP, the goal is to get the most "victory points" by killing creeps or other heroes, with other heroes giving much much much more victory points. The problem is that if you kill off too many of the heroes, the creeps will own your face.) Therefore, you can't just spam pylons in your base, because you have no base.

Aha. I see now.

[quote]@Soul Ferry: I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Since it's not an AoS, it's not that much of a problem. The point I was trying to make was that I could have a friend join the opposing side and send me free soul ferries to give me XP. Then I could own all my opponents. Since it's not an AoS, as I said, it's not that much of a problem. But it still could be.

[quote]@Healing Potion: As I said before, this isn't an AoS, so you can't heal at the temple, because there is no temple. You can heal when you level, but otherwise, the only way to heal is to be a Zerg unit, or allied Healing Potions.

It makes more sense now. In that case, the healing pot will be well worth the effort.

@Forge spells: Once again, your criticism is assuming that the map is an AoS, which it isn't. Also, Son of Hephaestus needs lots of mana to keep his team well-supplied, so he has to venture out into combat to level for mana ups.

Mana doesn't auto-regen?

If it doesn't, I see your point, but if it does, there's still plenty of room for abuse.

@Teleportation: It is not a one-cast spell. However, the actual teleportation takes a few seconds.

Hmm. With no limit on the range, though, it might still be OP.

@Infatuation: I'll lower the duration, but at this point I'm not going to make the duration inversely based on the number of controlled monsters.

Don't let me tell you what to do. It's your game. Heck, I haven't even tested it.

@Lovesickness: Good point, but this spell has a very high mana cost.

If it ain't high enough to prevent more than two or three casts in a row, it ain't high enough.

Of course I'll need help testing. :P

Good. ^^

None.

Dec 3 2009, 12:22 am Biophysicist Post #27

Mana doesn't auto-regen?

If it doesn't, I see your point, but if it does, there's still plenty of room for abuse.
Mana does auto-regen, but I still don't see how it's OP. Plus, if there was a limit, Son of Hephaestus would be useless once he hit it.

Hmm. With no limit on the range, though, it might still be OP.
No more so than Assassian in Temple Siege, who isn't OP.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:23 am darksnow Post #28

except the assassin teleports back to base, you can teleport anywhere you want.
that is OP.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:32 am Biophysicist Post #29

Quote from darksnow
that is OP.

But you can destroy the Observer.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:38 am Norm Post #30

Quote from darksnow
that is OP.

Not at all. Ninja can teleport anywhere on the entire battlefield, but he isn't OP because of it.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:39 am darksnow Post #31

can the observer be seen by everybody?
cant you cast it, move the observer around the edges of the map, like you would do with a reaver drop.

is the observer going to be 1HP?
is there a distance/time limit to where the observer can be moved?

if theres no limit, then you can just teleport all over the map.

Quote from Norm
Quote from darksnow
that is OP.

Not at all. Ninja can teleport anywhere on the entire battlefield, but he isn't OP because of it.

so you are saying the ninja can tele over to somebody, unload his strongest spell, then run away without taking a single point of damage?

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:47 am Norm Post #32

Yes. He can do that assuming that the strongest spell kills his enemy before they can react with a counter attack. His running speed isn't very high though.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 2:10 am darksnow Post #33

infested duran=ghost but stronger and with spells no?

ghosts aren't that slow

None.

Dec 9 2009, 1:53 am Biophysicist Post #34

Delete this post.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 10 2009, 9:20 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: You lose The Game.

None.

Options
  Back to forum