Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 448 >

Oct 27 2009, 10:54 pm Decency Post #21

Considering there was absolutely no way to know if you joined the most recent version, sometimes even after downloading and the game starting, and there were probably a dozen different versions floating around, just no.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:06 am DrakeClawfang Post #22

I ADORE the Marine's new l3! As a Phantom player in 1.5 I loved Phantom Shot, so the new spell is quite pleasing to me.

A glitch, tho. I didn't see the exact circumstances, but as an Assassin was capping mid as night, a Devourer for the opposing spawn appeared above the beacon. It eventually vanished though.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:08 am OlimarandLouie Post #23

No more medic's 100% heal
:)

None.

Oct 28 2009, 1:18 am Moose Post #24

We live in a society.

Quote from DrakeClawfang
I ADORE the Marine's new l3! As a Phantom player in 1.5 I loved Phantom Shot, so the new spell is quite pleasing to me.
It isn't new... it's been there since M4, which I believe was before 1.5. (Though it was originally L2, which was just silly... so it was moved to L3 where it is now in M5.) Glad you like it, though.

Quote from DrakeClawfang
A glitch, tho. I didn't see the exact circumstances, but as an Assassin was capping mid as night, a Devourer for the opposing spawn appeared above the beacon. It eventually vanished though.
No Assassin spells spawn Devourers, so I can tell you that the Devourers shouldn't have any correlation with the Assassin.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 28 2009, 1:26 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Oct 28 2009, 1:35 am DrakeClawfang Post #25

Well a simple "I dunno" to the Marine, never played it with a sniper before.

As for Devourer, the other heroes were Warrior, Volt, Light Mage, Marine and Archer. Any of their spells use Devourer?

None.

Oct 28 2009, 2:33 am Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

Quote from DrakeClawfang
Well a simple "I dunno" to the Marine, never played it with a sniper before.

As for Devourer, the other heroes were Warrior, Volt, Light Mage, Marine and Archer. Any of their spells use Devourer?
Yeah... I forgot who I was playing as today, but I had a leftover Devourer too. I'll have to look into it.

Oct 28 2009, 9:22 pm killer_sss Post #27

mech machine shop does absolutely nothing atm. The vultures need to be switched for the upgrades to apply. And since my terrain comments were not even commented on i take it they were ignored i'm bringing them up again. Will continue to report but done playing now have head ache from noisy *@# comp fan.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 9:35 pm Neki Post #28

Quote from killer_sss
mech machine shop does absolutely nothing atm. The vultures need to be switched for the upgrades to apply. And since my terrain comments were not even commented on i take it they were ignored i'm bringing them up again. Will continue to report but done playing now have head ache from noisy *@# comp fan.
What do you mean? The vulture upgrade applies to both the hero and regular unit.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 10:11 pm ShredderIV Post #29

No ultimo, hero units have innate all upgrades, hence why raynor starts with stims and range upgrades...Therefore the mech vult has all the upgrades alrdy.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 10:14 pm Magicide Post #30

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Jim Raynor doesn't start with Ion Thrusters.

Oct 28 2009, 10:53 pm Neki Post #31

Quote from ShredderIV
No ultimo, hero units have innate all upgrades, hence why raynor starts with stims and range upgrades...Therefore the mech vult has all the upgrades alrdy.
No, you're wrong. Jim Raynor (vulture) does not have the speed upgrade applied, I think he is the only hero with an upgrade that is not automatically inherent.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:13 pm MEMEME670 Post #32

Quote from name:Ultimo
Quote from ShredderIV
No, you're wrong. Jim Raynor (vulture) does not have the speed upgrade applied, I think he is the only hero with an upgrade that is not automatically inherent.

I have believed until now that Jim Raynor (vulture) was the fastest land unit.

Is it that he has a faster movespeed but with ion thrusters researched he moves even faster?

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:23 pm ShredderIV Post #33

Never heard of the exception to the rule... Just how much does it increase his speed? Is it minimal or is it about the same as the vult ion boosters give?

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:24 pm Neki Post #34

Can you guys not read? His upgrade is not inherently present, I never said he couldn't get the upgrade.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:31 pm ShredderIV Post #35

I can read... my post was asking of the ion boosters give different values for jimmy and the normal vult, or if they just give the same. It is just weird that i've never noticed this before.

EDIT: are you saying the normal jim raynor has the same speed as a normal vult? cause i'm pretty sure he's still faster w/o the upg...
And ultimo, i can't make a test map due to the lack of an editor for macs :P

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:47 pm Decency Post #36

It was strange, I felt faster than normal too even before the upgrade. Maybe the computer player that gives us the Vulture has the upgrade researched?

I can test later.

None.

Oct 28 2009, 11:49 pm Moose Post #37

We live in a society.

Quote from killer_sss
Top gyser guarded by cannons can be hit by mechs siege tanks, without taking dmg, and bottom base can't. In general bottom's gyser is more protected as 2 cannons will hit you no matter what unit you are if you attack it vs top one will hit you no matter your unit.
I moved the geyser slightly in the latest download. Test again, please.

Quote from killer_sss
bottom gysers seem more defensible than top gysers and also seem more clumped which can make defending easier.
So build by the bottom geysers and not the top ones. :P

Quote from killer_sss
some of gysers still cannot be built next to.
Two*.

Quote from killer_sss
Redirecting the tops top spawn to the bottom looks like it will still send the spawn to wherever the middle is directed via its location.
It doesn't.

Quote from killer_sss
location at top still isn't set well with the ramps. Overall the interuption area is much smaller than the other two capture points.
I'd argue that the other two are too big.

Quote from killer_sss
bottom top ramp was not widened to prevent a fat unit from spawn blocking. (may be a bigger problem but i haven't got a chance to look see if the spawn redirects from getting stuck.
Yeah, it's a small problem.

Quote from killer_sss
top no cannons at beacon ???
Captor beware.

Quote from killer_sss
Will all cannons have the shield recharge or only those preplaced? (not sure exactly how this works)
All.

Quote from killer_sss
Will the selection civs placement ever be randomized in future m versions?
Yeah, I think so.

Quote from killer_sss
Will the un buildable ground be reduced to make nexus more feasible to place arround map?
Not sure where you want it, there's plenty of places.

Quote from ShredderIV
And ultimo, i can't make a test map due to the lack of an editor for macs :P
You already have a test map. It's called Temple Siege. (And before someone says they can't host, there's a test mode for single player that I added this version!)

It's a shame nobody's given me the benefit of the doubt by asssuming that I would test something so simple before releasing it. ("Okay, let's put a Machine Shop here... test to make sure the players get it? Oh, okay, yeah the triggers gave it to me... let's quit the game before seeing if the upgrade to Vulture Speed does something considering the precedent of a majority of heroes!")

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 29 2009, 12:10 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Oct 29 2009, 12:33 am ShredderIV Post #38

You already have a test map. It's called Temple Siege. (And before someone says they can't host, there's a test mode for single player that I added this version!)

It's a shame nobody's given me the benefit of the doubt by asssuming that I would test something so simple before releasing it. ("Okay, let's put a Machine Shop here... test to make sure the players get it? Oh, okay, yeah the triggers gave it to me... let's quit the game before seeing if the upgrade to Vulture Speed does something considering the precedent of a majority of heroes!")

I myself was referring to ultimo, when he told me on HoN to make a test map to see if the raynor vult gets a speed up automatically, ect.

An di know ur not referring to me in the second part, especially since i haven't been able to test out M8 still... I need to get on that.

None.

Oct 29 2009, 1:53 am OlimarandLouie Post #39

[quote=name:Mini Moose 2707there's a test mode for single player that I added this version![/quote]
There's a single player testing version?! How does it work?

None.

Oct 29 2009, 1:59 am xYoshix Post #40

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
there's a test mode for single player that I added this version!
There's a single player testing version?! How does it work?
Just play a game with one person and it works.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 448 >
  Back to forum