Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: buying a new graphics card
buying a new graphics card
Oct 14 2009, 9:27 pm
By: darksnow  

Oct 16 2009, 1:12 am Excalibur Post #21

The sword and the faith

Quote from DarkSpartaN
okay so there is no way i can upgrade my laptop's graphics? not even just, i don'tr know, using more memory for my current video card?
It does not appear to me that that model of laptop can have its graphics upgraded.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Oct 16 2009, 1:15 am DarkSpartaN Post #22

crap...well thanks anyways lol for the info i guess

None.

Oct 16 2009, 1:16 am rockz Post #23

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from rockz
What game are you trying to play that the HD 2300 can't play?
Again I ask, because that's no slouch of a card. I could play oldblivion on that.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 16 2009, 1:28 am DarkSpartaN Post #24

ha it's not the hd it's the x2300 which sucks 64 mb lol

None.

Oct 16 2009, 2:02 am rockz Post #25

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

VRAM doesn't matter. Stop feeling insecure about your graphics card and just play the games. It's like buying extenze.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 16 2009, 7:09 pm DarkSpartaN Post #26

but my graphics card isn't good enough to play oblivion i've tried; that was one of the first games i wanted to play

None.

Oct 16 2009, 7:55 pm MasterJohnny Post #27

Clearly the most easy and obvious solution is buying a new desktop/laptop that can play games -_-

I am a Mathematician

Oct 16 2009, 9:32 pm rockz Post #28

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from DarkSpartaN
but my graphics card isn't good enough to play oblivion i've tried; that was one of the first games i wanted to play
Geforce 3 64 MB standard edition, 1.5 Ghz AMD Athlon, 512 MB RAM runs oldblivion fine. Your graphics card is probably somewhere around five times as powerful, as is your cpu. Read this. Oldblivion won't look that great, but seriously, that doesn't matter much. As I said before, your GPU is fine, you just can't expect everything to look good, and you have to put a lot of work into making it look good.

Oct 16 2009, 9:59 pm darksnow Post #29

see.. exactly what i told him.
when he tries to run oblivion, he says he gets a black screen.
IMO thats just him loading the game.

None.

Oct 17 2009, 4:58 am rockz Post #30

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Well, no, not necessarily. I'd set everything down to lowest quality and go up from there. My eeepc 901 uses the 945 Intel chipset, which has a GMA 950 or something like that. I'll have to check on the specs, but suffice it to say, it sucks. I attempted to install half-life: source on it, since it should easily be able to handle it, but unfortunately, the game refused to start. I may try it again, because the experience is a little fuzzy. The original half life runs fine on older models, though.

Options
  Back to forum