Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Impossible Concepts
Impossible Concepts
Oct 7 2009, 4:48 am
By: payne  

Nov 16 2009, 5:17 am scwizard Post #21

Quote from payne
4) Medic + Dark Templar (+ Scourges?).
Medic has 100% energy all the time. Have fun using Optical Flare over detectors.
For the full impossible scenarios experience, you should make it so that there are no triggers recharging the medics energy in any way, and optical flare costs the regular amount!

None.

Nov 16 2009, 6:51 pm Kaias Post #22

Your _hydra fit location is one pixel too short; I'm not sure if that is causing the problem though as I haven't tested it.

Your system for giving the units to the players it terrible. Units given to a human player that isn't there are automatically hostile; units should only be given if the player is in the game. The way you're doing it also is very location costly and inefficient.

None.

Nov 16 2009, 10:14 pm payne Post #23

:payne:

Quote from Kaias
Your _hydra fit location is one pixel too short; I'm not sure if that is causing the problem though as I haven't tested it.
Yeah, I had verified it when you told me it could be a source of problem and I found the dimensions weren't correct ^^
Quote from Kaias
Your system for giving the units to the players it terrible. Units given to a human player that isn't there are automatically hostile; units should only be given if the player is in the game. The way you're doing it also is very location costly and inefficient.
I think the same way as you, but after some reflections (and adding laziness to it), if I allow my map to be playable even when a player leaves, it would restrict the spread and the decrease the difficulty of beating it (since you'd need less remake to beat all the levels in the same game).
Though I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind, I may (will probably) change my actual system for it. Please go on and share :)

Else, I'd need the feedbacks from the players about these points:
- Difficulty
- Balance
- Concept
- Terrain
- Aesthetic
- Did you tend to go read the Mission Objectives ?
- Was the objective clear ?
- Have you found any bug ?

Thank you for sharing any information that could help this project ^^

None.

Nov 16 2009, 10:57 pm payne Post #24

:payne:

EDIT: Sorry, weird double post ;o

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2009, 3:40 pm by payne.

None.

Options
  Back to forum