Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33 34 35117 >

Nov 1 2009, 8:18 pm Neki Post #641

Also, Assassin's Shroud is countered by 200/180 gold, which is worse that Armadon being countered by 210.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 8:51 pm Bar Refaeli Post #642

cept in pubs people rarely buy wards or dust, they usually get gem more often then dust and wards

None.

Nov 1 2009, 9:13 pm ShredderIV Post #643

Yeah, except when you have a disciple on the other team who is fed 4 kills form a glacius who then leaves, who can kill slither in 6 shots, assassin's shroud is better than rushing in with a shrunken head and goin HEY GUYS IMA ULT YOU or even going O YES IM GONNA RUN AWAY FROM THE NH AND DESCIPLE PHYSICAL DPS HOW YOU MIGHT ASK? WITH MAGIC IMMUNITY. Seriously, that game was lost the moment the disciple got buffed up by the freakin glacius. And the moment hydro picked dev.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 10:25 pm Forsaken Archer Post #644

Eh sorry about ending our in house game too early. We might have won if I wasn't distracted.
Was fun eating kevin from the tress... twice. THE FOREST SPAWNS SPIDERS!

None.

Nov 1 2009, 10:26 pm Neki Post #645

Almost as good as the Arachna creep camp, has that ever worked?

None.

Nov 2 2009, 12:06 am rockz Post #646

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

what's that? spawn 2 illusions on the easy creep camp, and wait for someone to come?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 2 2009, 12:35 am Neki Post #647

lol No, it's just basically IP waiting in one of their creep camps as Arachna, in their jungle, so you go out to jungle and then IP is like "hai" and you're dead.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 12:44 am Excalibur Post #648

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Ultimo
lol No, it's just basically IP waiting in one of their creep camps as Arachna, in their jungle, so you go out to jungle and then IP is like "hai" and you're dead.
Arachna Creep Camps: Because Ancients just don't cut it! :D

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Nov 2 2009, 3:29 am Neki Post #649

Quote from LoveLess
Name: SafeReality

I have my ups and downs, constantly. 14-1 one game and 0-8 another, its just how it works.
You've earned the dubious honour of me refusing to play with you until you get better. The only other person who is actually done this to me is Raccoon. Seriously, I don't even know what to say. That was the worst game I've ever seen, you maxed out toxic wards before poison spray? And then you manage to go 0-10 with Slither, because you run into the forest and die, and then you're kinda just doing nothing all game.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 4:34 am ShredderIV Post #650

I've actually done really well with slither by maxing toxin wards before poison spray and playing more of a support role, but I only tried it a couple times and it really only payed off in one or two games. Basically you wind up throwing down wards in the laning phase and taking down towers very early with it, which gives you and your team more gold. You can then actually solo kongor with it around lvl 10-13 by placing wards well so he wont attack you, and using your poison spray and ulti. You can then proceed to build him as a dpser or support by getting him bfly or something like radiance, which can allow him to deal huge dps with his ult. I believe my record for the three games it payed off wound up being like, a 4:1 k:d, while any other i wound up switching to dps and just trying to survive, with about a 1:1 k:d.

Either way, it is a very risky move, and only really good if you're going up against opponents with poor ganking abilities.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 4:39 am Neki Post #651

Except you become useless early game, which is where Slither dominates, the early-game to mid game phase. It's viable, but in no way is it better than ganking Slither, which is basically his job.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:27 am Bar Refaeli Post #652

Quote from LoveLess
Name: SafeReality

I have my ups and downs, constantly. 14-1 one game and 0-8 another, its just how it works.
You've earned the dubious honour of me refusing to play with you until you get better. The only other person who is actually done this to me is Raccoon. Seriously, I don't even know what to say. That was the worst game I've ever seen, you maxed out toxic wards before poison spray? And then you manage to go 0-10 with Slither, because you run into the forest and die, and then you're kinda just doing nothing all game.
you never stop, do you?

slither is actually a good jungler if you max out wards, but u have to have good placement. once he gets level 4 wards and the 875 mana regen item from secret store he can solo kongor, too.

great game as blood hunter. went 11-3-9. i would post match ID cept they had a DC in very beginning of game, i dont know how that affects anything or not. i love soloing mid with blood hunter. are there any other melee heroes that are good at soloing mid besides like maliken and blood hunter?

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:45 am Neki Post #653

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he didn't even jungle, he just fed all game. Like he said, he's not use to Slither, but why pick him then? Maybe I was a little harsh, but I'm tired of losing games because we all decide to play a new hero and we get raped because there's only or two of us actually doing something. Once you show me that you've actually improved from your 0-11 moon queen, I won't have to bring it up anymore.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 6:43 am ShredderIV Post #654

Except you become useless early game, which is where Slither dominates, the early-game to mid game phase. It's viable, but in no way is it better than ganking Slither, which is basically his job.
He doesnt exactly become useless, he just takes on a different role. Basically he acts as a siege device to take down towers, increasing your team's gold gain. He also destroys creeps and therefore gains a lot of money, which makes him really useful later. I'd only say to build that if you have a lot of early game gankers on your team who can already get the job done... Otherwise, i too would never use that build.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 6:47 am Kow Post #655

Quote from ShredderIV
He doesnt exactly become useless, he just takes on a different role. Basically he acts as a siege device to take down towers, increasing your team's gold gain. He also destroys creeps and therefore gains a lot of money, which makes him really useful later. I'd only say to build that if you have a lot of early game gankers on your team who can already get the job done... Otherwise, i too would never use that build.
I can see that build working if you're the only carryable hero on your team and you plan on just ricing all game. Apart from that, poison spray is always better.

However, an interesting Spray/Ward build might be good for ultra support early game.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 7:24 am LoveLess Post #656

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Kow
Quote from ShredderIV
I can see that build working if you're the only carryable hero on your team and you plan on just ricing all game. Apart from that, poison spray is always better.

However, an interesting Spray/Ward build might be good for ultra support early game.
Pretty much what I tried out, but I am not a very good slither. I just picked him because I was bored and wanted to try him out. I play much better with heroes that I know and love.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 1:51 pm Bar Refaeli Post #657

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he didn't even jungle, he just fed all game. Like he said, he's not use to Slither, but why pick him then? Maybe I was a little harsh, but I'm tired of losing games because we all decide to play a new hero and we get raped because there's only or two of us actually doing something. Once you show me that you've actually improved from your 0-11 moon queen, I won't have to bring it up anymore.
in my defense that i was my very first 5v5 and i didnt even know what deny and last hit meant.
but i would be glad to play with you, but i cant say im amazing, im definitely better.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 3:19 pm Forsaken Archer Post #658

Almost as good as the Arachna creep camp, has that ever worked?
Yes and I laughed for like 10 minutes. Especially since it was a blinking hero and in my mind, I took it as him just too damn confused to blink away.

None.

Nov 3 2009, 2:16 am Sand Wraith Post #659

she/her

Most epic game ever: #9831019.

I'm glad we had 4 carries. But Corrupted Disciple and Thunderbringer and Arachna were all pretty mediocre. If IP were Arachna, the game would have been over much faster. And I really felt the nerf on Maliken's ult. I rather relied on his attack speed increase.

Another epic game: #9839573.

I was Tempest. Moan Queen and Penis Master were really bad. Deji was practicing Devourer and I played Tempest because Valhalla_ wanted me to. Gotta say, Slither was awesome (Valhalla_). I was sure we were going to lose. But then something happened in the third quarter of the game. Slither and I warded the area like BAMF's and as a team, killed Scout. We stole his Eye and proceeded to use it to destroy the enemy. I never needed to use the Shrunken Head.

Another epic game: #9848205.

It's actually longer than my Maliken game. O_O
I was Tempest, Ultimo was Hellbringer, FTS was Corrupted Disciple, Loveless was Pestilence, and Olass (a public player) was Defiler. We did bad in early game, but as we progressed through the game, our team only got stronger and stronger. Eventually, we had too many disables to be defeated, and then too strong to kill, and then we won. Good comeback. My own ultimates weren't very good, but they too got better as the game grew long.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 3 2009, 6:47 am by New-.Hydrolisk.

Nov 3 2009, 9:06 pm Bar Refaeli Post #660

pwning game as sand wraith. i only got the sheepstick cause no one else wanted it (jereziah dropped it)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33 34 35117 >
  Back to forum