Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 36117 >

Nov 3 2009, 9:52 pm ShredderIV Post #661

Yeah, but look at your retarded opponents. Double hellflower on mq and double vanguard on legionairre... Really?

None.

Nov 3 2009, 11:13 pm Bar Refaeli Post #662

true.

pebbles/adromeda + magebane/sand wraith is nasty combo. only works well against noobs and not team players though.

someone try it with me. we can disable their whole team.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 1:06 am Decency Post #663

Also only works in EM where you can have multiple carries farm that well.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 4:01 am Thuy Post #664

@raccoon i don't see how that combo can disable a whole team.

and how come faz always talks about EM?

None.

Nov 4 2009, 4:32 am Sand Wraith Post #665

she/her

Double Vanguard isn't horrible. Works if you're losing.

Check this: 9987998. I carried.

Nov 4 2009, 4:34 am Neki Post #666

CUZ FAZ HATES EM WITH A PASSION. HE ALSO HATES GAMES WITH TOO MANY CARRIES. LIKE THIS GAME.

Oh wait, the other team was more than us, but we won! I guess the Demented Shaman and Vindicator were the MVPs, but wtf, I thought only carries could carry a team! That's what FaZ said that I thought at least!

None.

Nov 4 2009, 4:45 am ShredderIV Post #667

Me playing another support tree. I was a lot of the reason our team won actually, as we A. never got ganked and B. They could always run away from opponents if the got in trouble because i would just run into the opponents and ult, which also usually left them also get some kills. And also, i soloed bottom in beginning vs. their hammer n rampage, and still wound up getting the most denies in the game XD.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 5:38 am Decency Post #668

You beat two teams with 4 melee heroes. Woohoo. It's not difficult to play games with balanced teams, but from what I can tell you don't, usually. Probably has something to do with AP where people don't remotely understand team composition. Props on the Tablet of Command, though, it's my favorite item. =)

And I keep talking about EM because people keep posting EM games (even when you modify out the title [NOOBS gogo EM]). It's completely worthless to me.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 5:51 am Neki Post #669

What do you mean balanced teams? You mean % or you mean ranged vs melee? Hey, it's not my fault my opponents enjoy shooting themselves in the foot and picking four melee. The fact is, they picked 3 competent melee heroes, and Rampage isn't too bad. Compared to us getting an instant pick scout, I say we did pretty good.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 6:23 am ShredderIV Post #670

Faz, you start to piss me off with this kind of shit...

You do realize that there are melee heroes who completely dominate early game laning out of ranged opponents right? like a blood hunter soloing mid? And to be truthful, you obviously didnt realize that my team also had 3 melee heroes... O noes, our team has 1 extra ranged hero with a terrible attack power! You also dont seem to realize that on their team, they mostly had more kills than assists, while on our team, we generally had more assists than kills. Seriously, there are many melee heroes who completely overpower ranged heroes, tree being an example. With his ult, they cant move, allowing melee heroes to get in on them, and totally rape shit on them.

And wtf do you mean modify out the title? Do you really think people would post em games and modify the title out, and think that we wouldnt still realize it's an em game despite the 500 exp/min for every hero?

It's beginning to get really annoying that you assume we set these games up so we can pubstomp... You do realize that was a completely random pub played there? You make us out to be people rigging games, just probably cause u can't seem to accept that we might be good. You also almost never play with us, so you really dont have much of an idea.

You also dont seem to realize that although ultimo's opponents had 4 melee, they also had 4 disables, hellbringer, pest, rampgae, and panda. Compare this to ultimo's team with none, and there you go. No matter how you beat them in laning early, when a team has 4 disables, it's a tough game. Props ultimo.

EDIT: woah ultimo, 28 assists! we should play as tree and demented and completely support the crap out of our opponents sometime :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 4 2009, 6:31 am by ShredderIV.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 7:20 am Decency Post #671

I understand these are completely random games. But you're not even remotely challenging yourselves, and then acting like it's an accomplishment to win and that these screenshots show even remotely any "good" play. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't see the point of patting each other on the back for beating random people who are way more often than not terrible players. Play a 1600+ game and get stats like that, then maybe you can talk about it. Then try a 1700+ game. That's worth noting for new players like us who are mostly trying to learn and get better.

As for strategy: a solo mid Bloodhunter is pretty much the only example of a melee that can really dominate a lane. Madman, Maliken, and a couple of others are also somewhat viable solos if they can rune whore or bottle+crow. I've yet to see a double lane with both melee heroes in any even remotely high level game in DotA or HoN. When a team picks 4 melee, it probably just means they have no idea how to play. Also, Ultimo's team had 3 disables, one being a global, not 0... Pest went tank, Sand Wraith went Damage. That's just lol-worthy and immediately makes me dismissive. Maybe he can play a good DShaman, if so good for him. That game doesn't tell me much, though.

As for the "editing," look at the screenshots: there's nothing where the game title usually is. I suppose it's a bug, since neither of the later two screenshots had it either. My stats screen always show the game title, mode, etc. ... I have no idea why yours aren't.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 1:45 pm ShredderIV Post #672

I figured out the editing is just because it was taken immediately after the game was played... Kinda weird glitch a'int it?

None.

Nov 4 2009, 2:59 pm Neki Post #673

Also, I really enjoy playing Devourer, but he just scales so terribly for most of the game. I can go 6-0 and then end the game being 12-9 because he just really loses power late-game. I'm not sure if any item build can fix that.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 3:03 pm ShredderIV Post #674

The key to scaling as devourer lies all in being presesnt for any and all kills, and getting staff of the master. Basically, cadaver armor is the only skill of his that truly scales well, and it can make him an undefeatable tank. You just have to try and be around for every and all kills to get the str bonuses.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 6:15 pm Neki Post #675

I'm aware of that. I'm not even sure if it works when you don't get the kill. That's why I hate playing Devourer sometimes, I get all these kills and I can't do anything with them. Cadaver doesn't even scale well, assuming you are around for 30 kills and 100 creep kills, that is approximately only 30 strength. (Under the assumption that some kills were made while Cadaver was not being used, because rot/hook is needed at early game.) Thirty strength is nothing late game, especially because Devourer doesn't need damage and the HP gain is insignificant because late game, Devourer will be eaten alive by carries. Staff of the Master only gives a small boost in damage along with 0.75 strength in scaling, assuming you have 100 strength, that is only 75 damage every second, an increase of 225 damage, which is NOTHING late game. Devourer needs better items anyways. There are much better tanks than Devourer sadly.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 9:11 pm ShredderIV Post #676

Quote from name:Ultimo
I'm aware of that. I'm not even sure if it works when you don't get the kill. That's why I hate playing Devourer sometimes, I get all these kills and I can't do anything with them. Cadaver doesn't even scale well, assuming you are around for 30 kills and 100 creep kills, that is approximately only 30 strength. (Under the assumption that some kills were made while Cadaver was not being used, because rot/hook is needed at early game.) Thirty strength is nothing late game, especially because Devourer doesn't need damage and the HP gain is insignificant because late game, Devourer will be eaten alive by carries. Staff of the Master only gives a small boost in damage along with 0.75 strength in scaling, assuming you have 100 strength, that is only 75 damage every second, an increase of 225 damage, which is NOTHING late game. Devourer needs better items anyways. There are much better tanks than Devourer sadly.

well, staff of the master also gives him lifesteal on his ult equal to the amount of damage he causes to his opponents. Also, He gets 1.8 str for each hero kill within 400 of him, and .09 from each ck. around 60 str for 30 hk near him is good late game, considering that's around 800 hp without items to boost. It definitely works, as i've seen devs with around 6 kills with 4k health due to being around all the kills made in the game.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 9:30 pm Thuy Post #677

Quote from name:Ultimo

You're forgetting a lot of str neki! He has a base str of 25 and gains 3.2 str every level and at lv 25 he gets 20+ str from the stats, that's already 125 str at lv 25 without items and from your passive. And say you have a heart and about 30 str from your passive that's another 75, so right now you're at 200 str with just 1 item. With staff of master that's additional 150 dmg per second, add that to your original damage that is makes it 325 dmg per second for 3 seconds just from your ult. Rot and hook damage are excluded from that. You basically lifesteal up to 1000hp. Also devourer is a support/tank not a carry, so most likely you will have other allies around to help pound them too! Don't forget your ult only has a 30s cd so you should be using the ult every chance you get.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 10:53 pm Bar Refaeli Post #678

andromeda is so funny to play with

the combo: near the bottom right hand corner of the map there is this perfect ditch where mountains surround the ditch. so you sit around that ditch creep killing till you are about to be ganked. when someone comes for you, you blink into ditch, and then ultimate the enemy. thus trapping them in the ditch.

this only works with pubs cause most pubs dont even buy a courier to help their trapped friend out. if the enemy can blink or tp, then you cant ues it against them, but otherwise it is so fun to do.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 10:59 pm ShredderIV Post #679

It's also a glitch raccoon, and has already been discussed. Seriously, exploiting thing like that just isn't right imo.

None.

Nov 4 2009, 11:50 pm Neki Post #680

Quote from name:Raccoon
andromeda is so funny to play with

the combo: near the bottom right hand corner of the map there is this perfect ditch where mountains surround the ditch. so you sit around that ditch creep killing till you are about to be ganked. when someone comes for you, you blink into ditch, and then ultimate the enemy. thus trapping them in the ditch.

this only works with pubs cause most pubs dont even buy a courier to help their trapped friend out. if the enemy can blink or tp, then you cant ues it against them, but otherwise it is so fun to do.

Raccoon: Exploiting HoN glitches since 2009.

Seriously, you could get banned for that.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 32 33 34 35 36117 >
  Back to forum