Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Temple Siege Guide
Temple Siege Guide
Sep 1 2009, 5:44 am
By: davidxkim  

Sep 2 2009, 4:59 pm davidxkim Post #21

Sorry about that Lil- inferno, I didn't realize I didn't put it in.
Yoshi, explain more? I know what you mean but where do I get the unprotected version :D

None.

Sep 2 2009, 10:39 pm ClansAreForGays Post #22

hmmm where would I look first.... http://www.staredit.net/topic/3709/

Sep 3 2009, 6:11 am UnholyUrine Post #23

Quote from xYoshix
Quote from davidxkim
Alright, since everyone is asking for an in depth guide on 1 specific unit, Ill do it. I tried explaining the basics but it seems everyone here knows how to play lol. And I need help with the versions and spells. Alot of spells and names have been rearranged and I cant think of them off the top of my head. I tried going back into game but all temple versions wont allow you past the hero select stage with only 1 person.
Just open an unprotected version in staredit.

Or just ask me :P

None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:22 am davidxkim Post #24

The First In depth Guide for Marine is complete. Please give comments and advice.

None.

Sep 4 2009, 1:34 am ValKilmer Post #25

First thing I would like to point out is that I'm disregarding spawn as an option in these 1v1 circumstances (which in turn lowers Spec Ops' effectiveness at late game) and that Spec Ops is probably one of the earliest peaking heroes with a huge role in map control.

All my views are using MT/M3.

Assault - Spec Ops may be in the upper hand early game because of it's range, but once it comes to Assault's carpet bomber (THE assault spell) Spec Ops' control and defense becomes penetrable. Assault takes minimum damage from mines since he's small and a good Assault would be spamming Hp by 240 mana without L4 anyway. You may want to mention making turrets for extra protection against CB, but because of Spec Ops' lack of any upgrade for any of his spells, nothing really carries over to late game once he upgrades the armor. In fact, Assault may counter Spec Ops to the point that he cannot leave base, but he is still a hard counter to the nuke which makes him worthy in a team match up.

All in all, Assault is DEFINITELY a hard counter to Spec Ops mid and late game.

Medic - Spec Ops is a huge problem to Medic early/mid game. I would usually say Spec Ops' mobility and mines would beat Medic for the warp gate scramble but Medic does pretty well (as long as she doesn't medic feed) so I would say they are even. After early game, Spec Ops' ability to hit and run while annoying the hell out of the Medic to stop her Hp gain is invaluable. On top of that, mines from the L1 splash your own spawn and therefore cutting off Medic's xp gain completely. Spec Ops' is definitely a hard counter to Medic pre-FH.

Once Medic gets to FH, Spec Ops' officially becomes insignificant. Not only does Medic counter the Spec Ops but the whole team benefits meaning that previously countered heroes have their positions reversed. Spec Ops is DEFINITELY hard countered late game by Medic.

Assassin - Not going to go into much detail about this match up, but I will mention that Spec Ops' map control >> Assassin's. Assassin is definitely hard countered by Spec Ops late game (and maybe even mid).

Warrior - Counters Spec Ops all game even when used by noob. No surprises.

Volt -
Volt definitely counters Spec Ops all game, but one thing that isn't right is saying that Hp + attack rine is the best route. It's actually the worst and doesn't give any pay offs since once the Volt lands one stun you are dead.

Actually a GREAT way to defend from a Volt is to create a bunker where you are leveling with a few EMPs and SCVs to repair close by. As long as your damage isn't completely mediocre then the Volt cannot touch you.

Light Mage -
Spec Ops counters LM at all points of the game. It's a horrible map controller versus a godly map control. Nothing to do except halluc for getting rid of stacked mines. Even then, mana restores faster then energy.

Mutant -
The ultimate late gamer versus the ultimate early gamer. Mutant just takes Hp + armor route and wins this late game, nothing else to say.

Archer -
Not much to say. A good archer would NEVER go L3 against Spec Ops (or most heroes) and would ALWAYS upgrade Hp. Hp and armor is the ultimate counter to Spec Ops' mines.

Summoner - I don't agree with this at all. Spec Ops counters summoner hard at every point of the game. The only time it doesn't is if Summoner somehow got HUGE armor ups (and the game should be over by then).

Dark Mage -
Okay, Spec Ops' COMPLETELY dominates Dark Mage late game because how badly DM farms. The only way Dark Mage would kill Spec Ops is using his melee and L2. His L4 would only be good at trapping and would deal minimum damage because of Dark Mage's inability to keep up with a Spec Ops farming all three lanes using Mine drone. Even if Spec Ops was trapped by Mael and being hit by Dark Mage (which I don't see how it's possible unless with a noob Spec Ops) he still has 4 vessels worth of matrix's to outlast the Dark Mage and to stop incoming maels. If he does become completely stuck by Dark Mage's L4 and L2 then spam mines and force unally a few times to get out before you suffer too much damage. I could talk more about this match up but don't think I really need to.

Mech - Mech cannot be hit by mines in vulture mode (besides splash), irridate and has a godly late game. Nothing else to say.

You should also point out some strategies or tips and tricks such as:

-How to mine cap a cannoned warp gate.
-Ways to mine stack to trap the enemy.
-Repairing Mech using SCVs and gas.
-Splash leveling using L1 (L4 is pretty straight forward).
-EMP taking away energy from enemy.

None.

Options
  Back to forum