Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Help With Homework, plzthx :D
Help With Homework, plzthx :D
Aug 30 2009, 2:28 am
By: ProtoTank
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Aug 31 2009, 7:40 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #61

As you can see while odd terms approach 2, even terms actually approach 4 which is 2^2, and it continously oscillates without converging to any of the two values.
Why should I suppose you meant only using the odd terms with your formula? The dots just mean that there are infinite x)^1/2)x)^1/2)x)^1/2... there and that's no real number, because it won't converge to any real number.

I made the assumption that one term of the series is defined by taking the previous term and its square root (i.e. a_n = (x*a_n-1)1/2, a_0 = x1/2). This is why you don't write series with ...

I don't think I made any really unfound assumptions in my original solution - I made no assumptions of convergence until I said the geometric series converged, which I think is generally accepted. But fine, maybe I wasn't so formal as a true math major :P

I'm not going to even look at cheeze's problem right now. I said before I am not a math major and am not particularly amazing at competition-type problems.

None.

Sep 3 2009, 1:54 am Bar Refaeli Post #62

Quote from poison_us
Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from poison_us
Quote from name:Raccoon
I always thought factoring was 10x easier than the quadratic

I always thought the quadratic worked 10x as often as factoring :P
I rig my problems so I can factor. ^^

You have me curious: what's x² + 21x + 85 = 0?
havent been in this topic in a while, lulz

I need homework help too, but its more creative help i need, not math.
and i didnt want to make yet another topic

For people who have read Fahrenheit 451, I need to come up with 5 songs (any musical songs) that relate to the characters in this book. The song can relate to any of the characters, in any way. I'm a pretty uncreative person so help mehz!
do it for the lulz!

None.

Sep 5 2009, 12:31 pm BeDazed Post #63

cheeze. how do you solve that?

None.

Sep 5 2009, 1:45 pm lil-Inferno Post #64

Just here for the pie

I think this topic should be locked. All the guy needed was some help with his homework, which shouldn't go on for more than sixty posts, or twenty for that matter. It's turned into a "solve this really difficult problem" thread. Just make another thread for this kind of stuff.

Yeah, I'm backseat moderating. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum