Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Futbol V2
Futbol V2
Aug 29 2007, 1:33 pm
By: Demented Shaman
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 26 2009, 12:48 am Demented Shaman Post #41

I did the basic victory triggers for the time modes and now I'm working on the penalty shootout.

None.

May 27 2009, 12:14 am Demented Shaman Post #42

I have pretty much everything about the shootout done except for detecting when to end it based on who has the most after 5 rounds and if tied after 5 rounds then sudden death rounds.

I also made it so that you can save an interceptor shot just by touching it only for the penalty shootout though, because when testing it it was pretty much impossible to move the zergling and burrow in time to save it even if you just blindly guess.

Currently, I think it's nicely balanced for the keeper and the shooter.

None.

May 28 2009, 11:00 pm Demented Shaman Post #43

The shootout seems to be working well. Not much left to do now.

None.

May 29 2009, 2:53 am MERRELL SUCKS Post #44

AWESOME MAP DUDE!

None.

Jun 2 2009, 1:43 am Echo Post #45

devilesk (9:42:40 PM): i made it so that the goalkeeper can now move up and down along the goal line during the penalty shootout with dts blocking the keeper from moving off the line until the shot is made

None.

Jun 11 2009, 12:40 am Echo Post #46

devilesk (8:39:10 PM): i've done the triggers for detecting when the goalkeeper is offsides
devilesk (8:39:11 PM): so that's done
devilesk (8:39:18 PM): and most of the things are done
devilesk (8:39:20 PM): i just need testers
devilesk (8:39:27 PM): the only shit that's left is like
devilesk (8:39:28 PM): the briefing
devilesk (8:39:34 PM): and polishing everything, testing for bugs

None.

Jul 30 2009, 9:40 pm Demented Shaman Post #47

I was browsing through the previous maps I've made and I stumbled across Scarab Soccer. I played it once and I liked how I had the scarab following the players and could give the players speed upgrade, because the scarab is fast enough to follow.

So what I'm doing now is adding scarabs back to v2. They were there in a very early version when I was planning on making them as a third shot option, but now I'm just going to limit it to when someone is carrying the ball. The main improvement will be that I can give the regular lings speed upgrade which will make the game faster.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:28 am Decency Post #48

Yay another suggestion of mine to be used. Now if you'd just release the map...

Don't give the goalie speed, though, I don't think.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 12:30 am Demented Shaman Post #49

Quote from name:FaZ-
Yay another suggestion of mine to be used. Now if you'd just release the map...

Don't give the goalie speed, though, I don't think.
Lol what. I wasn't thinking of you at all when I thought of giving lings speed.

And before I release the map I need to fully integrate the scarabs and make sure it's working properly. Then I need to continue testing, WHICH IS SOMETHING I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR BUT NOT GETTING. So the more I get the map tested the sooner it will get released.

Right now the goal is to release it before the world cup :P

None.

Jul 31 2009, 1:20 am samsizzle Post #50

I'll test. My b.net is samsizzle- with the dash.

None.

Aug 2 2009, 1:17 am Demented Shaman Post #51

Anyone who's played v2 so far and cleared a ball and curved it has probably noticed that the curve can be quite drastic, especially if it's a scourge shot. Up until now I had left it in, but now I've decided the curve is too much. Having it sometimes go backwards is just too much, especially when new players see it and go "wtf?" Wormer, earlier in the topic suggested a solution, but I have opted to do something simpler. The way it works now is that the ball will curve until it reaches the opposite quadrant from which it was shot from. At that point the target location will stop being centered on the moving target and the ball will follow a straight line. It works very nicely and reduces the amount of curve on cleared balls.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 10:53 pm Demented Shaman Post #52

With the world cup this summer i want to finish this map. All that really needs to be done is testing. I'm attaching a beta version that you guys can play.

Now test it damn it or there will never be a final version!

None.

Dec 27 2009, 12:03 am Magicide Post #53

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Whatever happened to Battle Dome?

Dec 27 2009, 12:05 am Demented Shaman Post #54

Quote from Magicide
Whatever happened to Battle Dome?
It's still around. I could work on it again, but no one ever seemed interested in it. :(

None.

Dec 27 2009, 12:15 am Magicide Post #55

I was looking through the old thread, seemed pretty interesting. I'd play it at least >_>

Dec 27 2009, 1:25 am Demented Shaman Post #56

Quote from Magicide
I was looking through the old thread, seemed pretty interesting. I'd play it at least >_>
Then play it, it's playable :P I need to be reminded of what needs to be done on that map.

None.

Dec 27 2009, 1:53 am Magicide Post #57

I didn't know there was a playable download.

Jun 15 2010, 10:11 pm payne Post #58

:payne:

Sorry for the dig up, but I wanted to play the latest version.
Is this 100% finished?

None.

Jun 16 2010, 12:36 am Demented Shaman Post #59

Here

Attachments:
Futbolv2-p1.16.1BETA01.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 92.9kb

None.

Jun 23 2010, 1:29 am payne Post #60

:payne:

Oh, and last time I played Futbòl v1 EUD, it did not work at all.
Maybe fix EUD for the patch or something?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum