Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Hai, thought I'd show a few screenies
Hai, thought I'd show a few screenies
Aug 3 2009, 1:27 am
By: Jesusfreak  

Aug 4 2009, 7:40 pm Fallen Post #21

Honestly #1 is badass, i was pretty amazed with it, however i didnt really like the others, the Canal one was easy on the eyes and looks very decent. But good job man, you shouldnt quit. Stay with it.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 7:45 pm Jesusfreak Post #22

Yah, most of them aren't in their finished state anyway (the volcano one will probably be made to high cliffs and may have some more sprites and other effects, for example). #1 was the one that was heavily based off of falkoner's interiors XD.

EDIT: Do you mean the first one on the list in the OP, or the first screenshot in the other post?

None.

Aug 5 2009, 5:23 am samsizzle Post #23

honestly mate they're not very natural looking, look at crescent dyne to see what i mean. Most of the blends you did are quite blocky but could be fixed easily. And try not to use sprites too often. Natural is the best i would have to say. If your going to have something straight make it out of bridge tiles so that it looks like it was meant that way.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 2:52 pm Jesusfreak Post #24

Well, if you're refering to the interior, buildings aren't exactly supposed to be natural :bleh: .
What's wrong with sprites? If you get too many, they can mess up death animations and such, but sometimes sprites are useful (especially when I'm trying to create an industrial plant or high-tech room with ancient-looking jungle terrain XD).
K, bridge tiles. I'll see if I can make a blend with them...

EDIT: Ok, I have finally got my interior in a somewhat finished state. My solution to the straight cliffs? You're gonna laugh at how simple this solution is... :(
I made the straight cliffs bendier and curvy. :lol:

How do you like? It's a bit blocky in some parts (ruins doesn't go as well with bridge as I hoped >_<), but I should be able to fix it. If nothing else, I could cover it with another tree sprite. It's a secret lair in a jungle island inhabited by Bachillania cultists, so the trees fit in nicely =).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2009, 3:19 pm by Jesusfreak.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 5:30 pm darksnow Post #25

wait, this is that open rpg you were talking about right?

if so, wtf are bachillania cultists o.o

-is confused-

None.

Aug 5 2009, 5:50 pm Jesusfreak Post #26

You had to ask... here, this wikipedia article might give you a good idea of the sorts of people we're talking about...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchanalia

And yeh, this is the open rpg I'm working on.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 6:55 pm samsizzle Post #27

im gonna make you an example of natural terrain and city terrain, in jungle, and see what you can do from there. I'll have it in a bit.

- EDIT -
Ok its done. Try something like this. I didnt get time to detail it up, but i hope you get the idea.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2009, 7:38 pm by samsizzle.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 8:24 pm Jesusfreak Post #28

Looks pretty nice, but, er, what's it supposed to be? A harbor, maybe? Hmm...

None.

Aug 6 2009, 12:37 am samsizzle Post #29

yeah thats what its supposed to be. I made it especially for your second pic. with the bridges and stuff. as an example.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 12:40 am Jesusfreak Post #30

The second pic? Which one do you mean? The canal? It's supposed to look a bit unnatural, because it is (the gnomes built it so they go around a strange machine killing everything that tried to cross the river).

K, well, if I ever need to make a large harbor, I'll keep the example map in mind...

EDIT: Got another interior done! =D

You like?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2009, 1:59 pm by Jesusfreak.

None.

Options
  Back to forum