Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: SC2 Rumored to be delayed
SC2 Rumored to be delayed
Jul 30 2009, 10:07 am
By: Echo  

Aug 1 2009, 4:52 pm Kaias Post #21

Good. Now it won't interrupt the Rpg Challenge.

None.

Aug 1 2009, 10:44 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Chubacca
Quote from name:Pariah
Quote from Chubacca
It has been postponed so much that I have gotten used to it lol. I expect it to come out 6 months from everyday lol
Just as FaZ previously said, it can't be postponed when they never announced a release date. :rolleyes:
they also said it would come out around early december last year and sometime in 2007 I believe. It has been postponed, there might have not been an exact date but there was a certain time period where it was going to come out.
Where are your sources that's by a Blizzard official? Every time they were ever asked about a release date, they always said "When it's ready" and I never heard of a date. Unofficial sources such as GameStop, EB Games, GameSpot, IGN, GameInformer, etc. are not official. Sites such as GameStop only writes and predicts release dates for games just so they can receive money from pre-orders long before the game is ever released.
I actually think it was Vivendi or ActivisionBlizzard that said they were going to attempt to release it in Q4 of 2009. Unfortunately for them, that's not how Blizzard works.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 4 2009, 3:16 am killer_sss Post #23

Quote from DevliN
I actually think it was Vivendi or ActivisionBlizzard that said they were going to attempt to release it in Q4 of 2009. Unfortunately for them, that's not how Blizzard works.

yea they work at two speeds slow and super slow. I thought at least beta testing would be running by now this is rediculous. I've time i hear a date its pushed back. Honestly i got quite good at guessing dates of realeases over the years but i admit this one threw me for a curve ball considering i heard jan 09 at one point i figure it would be end of summer for beta and release a month or two after.

This brings my prediction for d3 to 2012 then i guess since they seem to be going even slower than previous games. Honestly i need a new game and i thought maybe this would be it but its gona take to long. Idk what ima do =/

None.

Aug 4 2009, 3:59 am ClansAreForGays Post #24

I wouldn't care if they released it in 2011 if they would just give us SCUMedit by the end of this year.

Aug 4 2009, 4:06 am KrayZee Post #25

...when will people get it? StarCraft II was never delayed because Blizzard themselves did not set up a release date... yet, killer_sss.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 6:50 am killer_sss Post #26

Quote from KrayZee
...when will people get it? StarCraft II was never delayed because Blizzard themselves did not set up a release date... yet, killer_sss.

did i say they were delayed? no i said they were slow. everytime i here a possible date it is pushed back at least 3 months. This is the slowest i have ever seen for any of there games.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 7:04 am Demented Shaman Post #27

Greatness takes time. That's why Blizzard games are the best.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 2:44 pm Hug A Zergling Post #28

Quote from KrayZee
I would not necessarily call it a delay if Blizzard repeatedly said "When it's ready" for release.
"Hey 3D Realms, when will Duke Nukem Forever be released?"
"When it's Done"

I still don't mind it overly though. Hopefully I'll have laptop by then.

None.

Aug 4 2009, 3:24 pm Chubacca Post #29

Quote from KrayZee
but they set up a time frame of when they would release.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 12:08 am DevliN Post #30

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Technically no exact date was set. Technically ActivisionBlizzard said they were aiming for the fourth quarter of 2009.

So whatever, let's stop arguing about it and get back on track.

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 6 2009, 4:51 pm Echo Post #31

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59856

Apparently Battle.Net is to blame also.

None.

Aug 6 2009, 11:25 pm ejac1337 Post #32

I am not going to make any assumptions on how it looks until I see it in motion. Also, it looks much more like the wraiths we see in the cinematics of starcraft which I have to assume is what they were going for.

None.

Aug 7 2009, 12:58 am Echo Post #33

Quote from ejac1337
I am not going to make any assumptions on how it looks until I see it in motion. Also, it looks much more like the wraiths we see in the cinematics of starcraft which I have to assume is what they were going for.
Wrong thread.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/8125/

None.

Aug 8 2009, 10:22 am InsolubleFluff Post #34

I may get a computer in time :)!

None.

Aug 10 2009, 4:41 am Pyro682 Post #35

Not like that it's any news.. SC2 has been delayed for at least 3 years now. Why is this one any different? lol

None.

Aug 10 2009, 8:28 pm Echo Post #36

Because they said SC2 would be released by the end of 2009.

None.

Aug 22 2009, 1:10 am DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Some commentator on the DirecTV stream said "that was StarCraft 2 coming out in 2010."

My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 22 2009, 1:19 am Excalibur Post #38

The sword and the faith

Quote from Echo
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59856

Apparently Battle.Net is to blame also.
Best news I've heard in awhile. If there is ANYTHING I'd want holding up development, let it be Bnet. Rather than having engine limits, coding problems, team members throwing hissy fits or quiting, ect. Let them make Bnet better, let them take their time. No complaints here. I'll just keep upgrading my comp, however at this rate I'll have an HD6870 5GB DDR8 w/a 12 core processor and a 32" monitor 2ms :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Aug 22 2009, 9:37 pm Syphon Post #39

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from KrayZee
I would not necessarily call it a delay if Blizzard repeatedly said "When it's ready" for release.
"Hey 3D Realms, when will Duke Nukem Forever be released?"
"When it's Done"

I still don't mind it overly though. Hopefully I'll have laptop by then.

3D Realms also had no way of making money.

None.

Aug 23 2009, 8:01 am DevliN Post #40

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Beta should start by the end of 2009.

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum