Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Impossible SEN (lol pun)
Impossible SEN (lol pun)
Jul 27 2009, 5:00 am
By: CecilSunkure
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Aug 14 2009, 5:56 am CecilSunkure Post #61

@ cakes
We have 2 computers, player 7 and 8. So far I am assuming they will be enemies. Player 6 is nuetral.

@Payne
You can have a few of my locations. Also, we will probably end up with a about 20-30 extra locations for people to use, as I left a leeway of about 50 locations for purposes other than scenarios. Your level sounds just fine, and I'm sure we can fit it onto the map easily.

Here is a map I threw together for us today. This map shows WHY we have units with our names on them. You shoot a unit and then go the level of the creator with the name of the unit you shot. Keep in mind that the units are NOT randomized. The only thing randomized is who can choose what out of the set of units. Everything in this map is up for discussion and can easily be changed.

My "level" is on the top right of the map. Shoot the scantid to choose my level. The vespene orb would be for a help menu. I made a few triggers so that player 2 is the chooser if player 1 is not present, but for some reason my trigger condition of "bring men" wasn't being affected by Alexie Stukov.. Easily fixable. The point is, we would have only 1 chooser at a time, even if someone leaves the game.

As for adding levels onto the map, I can delete all comments in the triggers, and leave comments in triggers that need to be copied//remade to include a new level. The comments can also describe what the trigger to be copied is doing in detail. I think this method would make map modifying very easy and simple. I will, of course, keep a copy of the map with the original comments.

Attachments:
ImpossibleSENA.scx
Hits: 11 Size: 50.66kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 14 2009, 6:01 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Aug 14 2009, 12:55 pm LolCakeLazors Post #62

Thanks but you didn't update my unit.
Goliath was taken.
I would like Torrasque (Ultralisk)

None.

Aug 14 2009, 11:45 pm Heinermann Post #63

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Allow the map to play through even without full house (use Current Player)
Don't waste so much space.

Aug 15 2009, 8:05 am payne Post #64

:payne:

I would like to have the Terran Civilian instead of the Vulture since it fits much more my level.
Also, as you can see, in Impossible Crepuscular, the fact of using original units' names didn't fucked up people's mind... with a mod allowing us to change the names of only the units shown in the choose room keeping the originals for the scenarios themselves, I would agree with this, but I still do not like the idea: when you play a scenario and see that you are under the attack, as a Kaias, of a LolCakeLazors, that is just... ridiculous!
Also, I want this map to be even playable in single player by owning all the units given for the level and do a proper ''leavers'' triggers so that people each get to own a unit (so a single player do not have to handle the fast-action thinking over 2 groups of units). Prepare a trigger that prevent the starting of a level with the units given to a player that left because it ruins the game (once again). Make it so someone leaves during the choosing process, it can be replaced.
Maybe add a ''lag test'' and a ''ban system'' if ever we get to be able to play with lower number of players to ensure the boot of any lagger :)

Btw, a solution to that naming conflict could be to use a string spawned at each level's start to display the level's name and creator (and also any special note).

None.

Aug 15 2009, 1:13 pm LolCakeLazors Post #65

Quick question, no preset units? You have to choose them like in Crepuscular?

None.

Aug 15 2009, 7:56 pm CecilSunkure Post #66

@ Payne
Good idea about getting all the units in case of an empty slot, or 4 empty slots for that matter. That will be implemented for the next sample map :D

About the naming units thing, I don't have a problem with it at all and I don't think it will affect gameplay during any level in a negative way. But if more people think that they want to change things, we can do that.

About preset units, if you want to have preset units without randomization you simply do so in the trigger that detects when your unit has been shot. You do not have the use the set randomizer.

To clarify: No player will be needed in any certain slot for the map to work. The triggers used to do this just didn't affect the terran ghost for some reason, easily fixed, and will be changed in the next sample map presented.

I already said that there would be a dropban. I'll use the EUD condition for screen position to do this.

As for a lag tester, sure, we can add that as well.

None.

Aug 15 2009, 9:11 pm payne Post #67

Huh, I recommend not using EUDs, it's simply a bad idea for any map that you want spread and played over different versions.
It's not hard at all to do a ban system without using EUDs... ;)

And what was the result of my Broodling/Mind Control poll?
And I'd like to create a new one:

Do you really want to change the units' names to get credits?

I mean, in a map where people use units to have their credits, they always use units that do not get to be controlled or interact with any part of the gameplay. They use the units they haven't used for their map or the critters. Also, if it is credits that you want, when a level start, simply put the level's name and creator and a comment/specification if you want... it's as simple as this.

None.

Aug 16 2009, 12:00 am Sie_Sayoka Post #68

We have to name our units, otherwise the cosmic balance of the universe will shift and catastrophe will occur.

It has already been decided that broolings will be implemented and mind control will not. However for the use of computer players I suggest that we enable it for them. It's always fun to be cautious around enemy spell casters as they can really fuck you up.

None.

Sep 11 2009, 1:19 am CecilSunkure Post #69

Time for BUMP!

Sorry to say, but I've been extremely busy, and will continue to be so for the duration of my Senior year.. Although, I still would love to get this map going, and decided I needed to bump this topic. It is not at all too late to still sign up for a level, and any suggestions on the preview map would be VERY appreciated.

I'm not sure where in the world Sie is, so I am currently running this thing on my own.

As of now, I am assuming we all love and adore the setup for level choosing (except payne), and am moving on with it so that we can all start creating our own levels!

None.

Sep 11 2009, 1:34 am payne Post #70

Quote from CecilSunkure
(except payne)
^^ <3
Anyways, Kaias' level is really nice ^^ Maybe making it longer and with a more complex path to use would make it of a decent difficulty level, though.
As for my level... well... just try to send me a PM in some days and I'll see what I can do, right now, I'm a bit occupied with school things :P

None.

Sep 21 2009, 1:08 am Sie_Sayoka Post #71

Cecil "I am working on my RPG screw the Impossible"

None.

Sep 21 2009, 1:47 am payne Post #72

So this is completely abandoned?
I might revive it after the RPG contest ;)

None.

Sep 21 2009, 2:22 am CecilSunkure Post #73

I didn't abandon it.. I just have minimal time due to my RPG and school..

None.

Sep 21 2009, 10:32 am Sie_Sayoka Post #74

aka abandoned.

None.

Sep 26 2009, 3:20 am Alzarath Post #75

Praetor

I hope it's not abandoned, it looks interesting. :)

(I choose a scout for my name, for obvious reasons ;o)

None.

Oct 7 2009, 4:50 am payne Post #76

Pssstt!
Look here for the continuation of this project. ;)

None.

Oct 18 2009, 10:35 pm payne Post #77

http://www.staredit.net/183545/
Have fun finding some nice concepts and feel free to help ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum