Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: AE: After Earth
AE: After Earth
Jul 15 2009, 5:46 am
By: KilaByte
Pages: < 1 2 3

Mar 4 2010, 5:19 pm pillowattack Post #41

A couple suggestions, that are entirely superficial :). When you are running from zeus, it would be helpful and also add to the excitement if you could see zeus chasing you. Also in the intro, the area you fly over is later crawling with hydras, lings, and lots. They should be there in the opening to make it seem like earth has really been infested. Besides that, i just really hope this gets finished and can maintain the quality of the game so far. Good luck and hit me up on west if you wanna play sometime (username: g-zus)

None.

Apr 5 2010, 1:06 am payne Post #42

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/204476/
Is this the only version we have of this map?

None.

Apr 13 2010, 3:10 am KilaByte Post #43

I'm fairly certain that is the most recent version of the map. It is still not finished past the Zeus run. I'm still contemplating finishing this.

None.

May 24 2010, 7:34 pm DoMakeSayThink Post #44

Quote from KilaByte
I'm fairly certain that is the most recent version of the map. It is still not finished past the Zeus run. I'm still contemplating finishing this.
Hey,
I just signed up for this forum specifically to tell you that this is probably the best map I've ever played on SC (and I've played a LOT of Starcraft), even considering it isn't finished yet. I just discovered this map yesterday and a few players and I got to the Mobile Suit part last night, so there are still some people playing it.

My only problem with the map is that Kerrigan is a bit underpowered (as has been mentioned) compared to the other characters. Also, I think it would be good if there was some sort of timer for special cooldowns, but that's not really a big problem.

It would be great if you finished the map; I think that it would get more recognition if it was totally finished. Good work!

None.

May 25 2010, 6:38 pm KilaByte Post #45

Quote from DoMakeSayThink
Quote from KilaByte
Hey,
I just signed up for this forum specifically to tell you that this is probably the best map I've ever played on SC (and I've played a LOT of Starcraft), even considering it isn't finished yet. I just discovered this map yesterday and a few players and I got to the Mobile Suit part last night, so there are still some people playing it.

My only problem with the map is that Kerrigan is a bit underpowered (as has been mentioned) compared to the other characters. Also, I think it would be good if there was some sort of timer for special cooldowns, but that's not really a big problem.

It would be great if you finished the map; I think that it would get more recognition if it was totally finished. Good work!

I have a ton of shit going on in my life atm and have very little time to work on this. But I've decided I am going to see it through to completion. For a few reasons:

A.) I will not be participating in Starcraft 2 map making. What made SC1 map making so fun (for me) was the challenges and the limits of the editor. Surpassing those, creating unique systems and gameplay made it worth the while. The limitless Starcraft 2 editor is not as fun for me.

B.) For my own reasons and pride, I have to finish this map to completion. Regardless of the critism it gets.

C.) I don't like the fact that people are playing an unfinished version of the map. I understand it's better than nothing but it reflects poorly on me and my dedication to my work. I plan to change that.

Also I think the version you played is very old. I think I took the Mobile suit part out a long time ago (I think?). Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

None.

May 31 2010, 3:31 am SetoKaze Post #46

So.. did this ever get finished?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum