Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: 7x7 mobile grid = failure
7x7 mobile grid = failure
Jul 3 2009, 1:50 am
By: crutex  

Jul 3 2009, 9:19 pm rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from crutex
woo I drew it on a 1.5 9x9 grid in just barely over a full trigger!
There seems to be a problem with detecting hallucinations of players 9-12 though? :O
don't make hallucinations like that. You can't detect hallucinations. Make real grid, center location, remove thing there, create hallucination, kill it, center location, continue from there.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 3 2009, 9:22 pm crutex Post #22

Quote from rockz
Quote from crutex
woo I drew it on a 1.5 9x9 grid in just barely over a full trigger!
There seems to be a problem with detecting hallucinations of players 9-12 though? :O
don't make hallucinations like that. You can't detect hallucinations. Make real grid, center location, remove thing there, create hallucination, kill it, center location, continue from there.
Hallucinations are normally detected exactly like a regular unit of the same type aren't they? This method would reduce the number of create unit with properties actions.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 9:23 pm Falkoner Post #23

Hallucinations are normally detected exactly like a regular unit of the same type aren't they?

Hallucinations aren't detected at all, IIRC, you can center locations on them, though.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 9:26 pm crutex Post #24

Quote from Falkoner
Hallucinations are normally detected exactly like a regular unit of the same type aren't they?

Hallucinations aren't detected at all, IIRC, you can center locations on them, though.
You can remove them etc too, I use it for my freeze spell. You just can't tell the difference between a hallu and a regular unit of same type.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 9:36 pm rockz Post #25

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

The way you detect hallucinations is by centering a location on them, then detecting if that unit is NOT there. It's pretty convoluted.

Anyway, if you use my triggers, this is the order in which things are removed:
Collapsable Box

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 3 2009, 9:37 pm crutex Post #26

Quote from rockz
The way you detect hallucinations is by centering a location on them, then detecting if that unit is NOT there. It's pretty convoluted.

Anyway, if you use my triggers, this is the order in which things are removed:
Collapsable Box
I know I already got it to draw the star etc :D
Thanks for your 9x9 method.

None.

Jul 3 2009, 9:43 pm xYoshix Post #27

Since when did SC have that thingy on the top? :wtfage:

None.

Jul 3 2009, 9:57 pm crutex Post #28

Quote from xYoshix
Since hax => windowed mode :O

None.

Jul 4 2009, 12:30 am Commanda_Panda Post #29

Quote from crutex
Quote from xYoshix
Since hax => windowed mode :O
is there a way to do it by typing -window in Starcraft properties or something..? Or only with hax?

None.

Jul 4 2009, 2:59 am Pyro682 Post #30

Commanda, that is via making a Shortcut for the .exe. However, the shortcut methods are only availible for Diablo II, (and LoD)- Not SC.

Crutex, would you be able to hook us up with a link to this window-mode thingie?

None.

Jul 4 2009, 3:16 pm crutex Post #31

A admin keeps deleting my post...
Commanda_Panda you can be banned for any program. "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" :D

edit: I was told I could share these super secret hax with you if i phrase it this way >_>
google Wmode1.02.zip
and
google ChaosLauncher.zip

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 4 2009, 4:54 pm by crutex.

None.

Jul 6 2009, 12:39 am Falkoner Post #32

You can also get the entire package here. Enjoy. I don't see why admins are stopping you from posting it, since they allowed helper hacks like PenguinPlugin, this is just a helper plugin, I mean, is it really that cheap to be able to play SC in a window?

None.

Jul 6 2009, 1:45 am Neki Post #33

I really don't see the advantage of windowed mode anyways, I just alt+tab because it's not like you can save your map when you're playing it anyways.

None.

Jul 6 2009, 2:12 am crutex Post #34

Quote from name:Ultimo
I really don't see the advantage of windowed mode anyways, I just alt+tab because it's not like you can save your map when you're playing it anyways.
It takes about 3 seconds to change resolution from 640x480 to 1680x1050 and vis versa for me. Windowed mode is instant.

None.

Options
  Back to forum