Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Excalibur moving to gmod status
Excalibur moving to gmod status
Jun 29 2009, 6:42 pm
By: Forsaken Archer  

Jul 6 2009, 9:14 pm Dapperdan Post #21

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Sometimes I wish you would lower your language and talk at a level more like IP does. Just sometimes.

Says Dapperdan? :lol:

;)

Anyway, it wasn't that i didn't understand him. Though, I am glad that he elaborated now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2009, 9:20 pm by Dapperdan.

None.

Jul 7 2009, 2:42 am ShredderIV Post #22

we should have exploited the fuck out of Temple Siege and other popular maps to try to bring more activity to SEN and hopefully, more mappers that would contribute to knowledge, maps, discussions, and etc, which only creates a snowball affect.

ummm 2 topics, one 105(?) pages long and the other 35 pages long? temple siege has been exploited majorly, but i dont think we can rely on one or two maps to save the community. If we really want to save the community, we need more people out there that, when they find a good mapper, to invite them to join the community. We hopefully can create a community where everyone does have a strength and can use it well.

Yeah, this was sorta off-topic but i believe it's something we should all try to do.

None.

Jul 7 2009, 8:54 am InsolubleFluff Post #23

Diablofans.com is a site I visit time to time because I like how they run their forum.

SEN has major problems, and they need addressing.

I am relatively poor at English, but I am able to understand what moose, tuxedo, vrael, etc... are saying in their posts. You can all understand me, though sometimes it requires elaborating but you should NOT frown on me for this. I reach a level of English that is understandable, that's all you need. I don't use abbreviations or intended mispellings, IE: Lyk, M8, gr8.

None.

Jul 7 2009, 4:34 pm Forsaken Archer Post #24

temple siege has been exploited majorly, but i dont think we can rely on one or two maps to save the community
We didn't do anything with any map so far. Actually, quite the opposite, I saw a lot of shit talking in op sen to pubbies that were there for TS games. No one knew what op sen stood for. And op sen representing sen as a whole is a whole other tangent to what moose said and I said.
And it's not about saving the community, it's about making it grow in different ways, and being a community.

None.

Jul 8 2009, 2:03 am Riney Post #25

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
And it's not about saving the community, it's about making it grow in different ways, and being a community.

If only people still made maps...or the map making section had its activity like it was in v4 there would be growth. Right now we have a bunch of people acting like were gosu but all we really do is know. Most people who come here get put down, harrassed, and leave. We cant grow if we dont allow growth. (Yes I know this has been said time and time again)

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 8 2009, 10:36 am Echo Post #26

I think we need more themed map making contests. There were many participants when there were frequent map making contests. Sure, not everyone finished the map, but the ones that were finished and were displayed as winning maps got a decent amount of exposure. I remember after the judgments were submitted and the winning maps were posted, people would play them at map night. It's good to help give a push to giving a reason to make a map, and it's also fun for the community.

Another problem I see is that when people post maps, no one really gives a feedback to it. You see plenty of threads in showcase that has 0 or just 1 reply. Some even 0 downloads of the map. I think it gives them a sense of not being appreciated in making maps or not feeling welcomed in the community. I guess they need a push too, instead of ignoring them and posting in just a popular thread. I'm sure most of the maps would be fun if they were given a chance. If they weren't, giving some criticism or tips wouldn't hurt either.

By the way, what happened to Map of the month or spotlights?

None.

Options
  Back to forum