Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Diplomacy: Halo Wars!!
Diplomacy: Halo Wars!!
May 7 2009, 1:08 am
By: Polkaman  

May 7 2009, 1:08 am Polkaman Post #1

Welcome to my new map, Diplo: Halo Wars v1.1.

This is very related to Galactic Conquest or Diplo: Galactic Empires.

In the beginning, you select from three races. The USNC (Terran), The Covenant (Protoss), or The Flood (Zerg). After that, it's a fight for the universe! Create buildings next to Tower Doodads for income every year. Every race you select you will get a Hero. Use him/her wisely, they're very strong. A big reason heros die is for their transports getting killed.

The three races thing is pretty unique. Every town is guarded by a system of other defenders. You may also select the option of Sentinal On or Off after everyone has chosen their race. Sentinals are a big strategy factor, if they're turned on it's a lot of added dificulty. Sentinals are Arbiters, which come to the rescue when you attack a base. Their cloak is a huge pest, but the good thing is they don't attack you. A different way to get money is, if your FLood you get a steady income by the second. If you are the USNC or Covenant you can make additional Supply Pads or Warehouses. These will make your steady income faster, followed by the Yearly Income.

Heros.
Each race has a Hero. The Flood has a Gravemind (Spawns Broodlings) and the Infected Spartan. The Covenant has the prophet of Regret, the Arbiter, and the Brute Chieftain. The USNC has Captain Cutter, Sargent Forge and Dr. Anders, just like in the game. Each hero has a special spawn. For example, Energy Sword Elites, for the Brute Chieftain are switched for Brutes. Dr. Anders has Battle Rifle Marines instead of Assault Rifle Marines. Captain Cutter, instead of a unit change gets an instant Tech Level 1. The Gravemind (Flood) has continually spawning Broodlings. Each hero will continually activate their unit morphs until they are dead. (Except the Gravemind and Captain Cutter)

Tech Levels.
Your tech level is represented by your gas count. For different buildings and units in this game, there is a different Tech Level. The maximum Tech Level is 4, each with increasing cost. A USNC Marine will cost say, 85 Minerals and 0 Gas (Tech) A spartan, however is advanced and costs 2 gas. Upgrade or check your next Tech Level cost by the civillian at the bottom of the map.

You can also transfer money to people.

The winning condition is for YOUR TEAM to kill all your foes. That means no more buildings for the enemy.

Have Fun and Play Fair! :D

EDIT: I've added v1.1, which is way funner and balanced. Thanks to trying!

Attachments:
Halo Wars v1.1.scx
Hits: 15 Size: 83.48kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2009, 10:37 pm by Polkaman.

None.

Options
  Back to forum