Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Music suitable for an Open rpg?
Music suitable for an Open rpg?
Apr 29 2009, 9:02 pm
By: djinni  
Polls
Music is Suitable for an open rpg?
Music is Suitable for an open rpg?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes, good if i can turn it off/on 7

78%
None.
No, bad even if i can turn it off/on 2

23%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 9 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Apr 29 2009, 9:02 pm djinni Post #1

So im nearly finished with a UMS map for starcraft, and i had the idea to add this song to the map, its 75 KB in the map bringing the size up to 450ish [semi-long dl time for some]
However, instead of hosting the map 50-100 times and asking opinions in game i thought it would be easier to ask a general public about it.

Suggestions: If you have any you can suggest them, its a forest tile map, so any music that may have belonged in a forest is good, also note it must have a very short part that sounds good repeating, such as the first 10 seconds of this song :) [to keep size as tiny as possible]
For the most part though i like this music for the map, but since it slows the DL and the map is for the public, i must consider the feelings of a general public, :)

The song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLm78UpqSg
Though note, im only using the first 10 seconds and it repeats.

It is an Open rpg, and within the map i have the option to turn it off as well, so that if you start to like it, then it bothers, you can switch it off or on as you please, :)

None.

Apr 29 2009, 10:49 pm Riney Post #2

Thigh high affectionado

Nostalgic none the less. I think you can find better music though xD

Also you might try modding. That way players can download the mod for the custom music.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 29 2009, 11:06 pm samsizzle Post #3

If you want to put music in a map your probably gonna want to make the music so that it can be played over and over again without getting annoying.

None.

Apr 29 2009, 11:30 pm djinni Post #4

Quote from samsizzle
If you want to put music in a map your probably gonna want to make the music so that it can be played over and over again without getting annoying.
Imo there isnt such a thing, all foreign music at some point becomes annoying, im still on the fence about it really, thats why i ask for votes, On/off switch can make it useful for some but the game is bare minimum hour and a half.

None.

Apr 30 2009, 12:31 am MadZombie Post #5

well if it's really low and ambient then i wouldn't mind it being player every 10 seconds.

Aslong as i can turn it on and off ;D

None.

Apr 30 2009, 12:32 am samsizzle Post #6

by adding more then one song it wont get boring. for example spellsword RPG music.

None.

Apr 30 2009, 12:35 am djinni Post #7

Only problem is spell sword takes an hour to download for most people, im straying away from music, or perhaps going towards a world map music from a game.

None.

Options
  Back to forum