MP3 Player
Apr 4 2009, 7:27 pm
By: Centreri  

Apr 6 2009, 3:25 pm BeDazed Post #21

Just use your Ipod Touch 8GB. Do you actually listen to all of them? or do you just listen to them while you're doing something else. Because that makes a ton of difference- and personally I get rid of songs I dislike from my MP3.

None.

Apr 6 2009, 9:20 pm Centreri Post #22

Relatively ancient and inactive

I've had two Ipods, both a first gen and a second gen nano, and my Zune 30GB first gen smokes them all. Great battery life, love the interface, great volume and sound quality. The only thing I dislike is the zune software but once you get used to it you'll be fine.
Fantastic.

Just use your Ipod Touch 8GB. Do you actually listen to all of them? or do you just listen to them while you're doing something else. Because that makes a ton of difference- and personally I get rid of songs I dislike from my MP3.
Yes. There's this nice feature I call 'shuffle' and that I use a lot. I get rid of songs I dislike, but not necessarily those that aren't whoop-di-doo fantastic.

Well, I think I've had enough affirming nods to make a decision, and half of those that disagreed thought I should get nothing, so... yeah. I'll still look at responses, but pretty much made up nao.

None.

Apr 6 2009, 9:23 pm Excalibur Post #23

The sword and the faith

The Zune has shuffle and a very nice 'flag' feature so you can mark songs and they'll come up when you hook it up to your PC and you can do whatever for whatever reason you flagged them.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 6 2009, 9:25 pm Centreri Post #24

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yeah, I really hoped it would :P.

How does Zune organize your music? I separate it on my iPod currently by having a playlist with every artist (because some of the names are spelled weird or have different encryptions, and I have two complilation-playlists). Is that possible on a Zune?

None.

Apr 14 2009, 4:32 am Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

Quote from name:Andrew Jackson
The Zune has shuffle and a very nice 'flag' feature so you can mark songs and they'll come up when you hook it up to your PC and you can do whatever for whatever reason you flagged them.
You can also give a song a certain number of stars on your iPod while listening to it... which would count as a flag. :)
Unless, of course, you actually run around giving honest ratings to the songs on your iPod for some reason. Some people are strange. :rolleyes:

Apr 14 2009, 5:25 am DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You have 1001 songs on there and can't fit more? Are they all MP3s? If not, you way want to use iTunes to convert them.

My 8GB iPhone (which is really like 7.08 GB after all the fun updates) has 910 songs, 1 movie, and 400MB of miscellaneous crap (apps, photos, ringtones) with 1.40 GB left of free space.

I get tired of songs, too, and keep them on shuffle all the time, but the 8GB has suited me well thus far.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 14 2009, 9:18 am Corbo Post #27

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from DevliN
My 8GB iPhone (which is really like 7.08 GB after all the fun updates) has 910 songs, 1 movie, and 400MB of miscellaneous crap (apps, photos, ringtones) with 1.40 GB left of free space.

Really? That's pretty bad :P I have 1200+ songs, like 4 movies and just like 100MB of random apps on my iPod Touch. 8GB. I consider that to be quite good specially since I still have 1.27GBs free space.

fuck you all

Apr 14 2009, 12:18 pm MadZombie Post #28

albeit with drawbacks in survivability
HAH!!!

It depends which zune your getting. If you get the cheaper (but next to impossible to find i think) first generation Zune, they are bigger than the second generation. That is because first generations have extra casing to give it an extra color when you turn it to the sides. Second generations are only smaller because they take off that case (and added the small touch pad). I'd imagine the 2nd gen Zunes would way less so they would do less damage to themselves when dropped (idk how 2 physics tho)

The latest Zune software updates is so hot. If your listening to a song long enough on your comp it makes this screensaver of the band. Also gives all band like it, albums like it or from the band, and more fun stuff. Its like having Last.FM installed on your comp.

Only problem with the zune is the fact that it has software. I can't plug it into other peoples computers to steal all their songs unless they have the software installed. :(

Did I mention you can send songs to other Zunes and vice versa?

None.

Apr 14 2009, 6:21 pm Excalibur Post #29

The sword and the faith

My first gen Zune 30GB is built like a motherfucking tank (Has survived multiple drops, hits, ect.) and considering I bought it around launch, it's lasted a lot longer than I'd have expected it to. I'll admit the battery life has gone down over time but that's to be expected with any recharge able battery. My nano however died after about 14 months.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Apr 14 2009, 11:40 pm DevliN Post #30

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Corbo
Quote from DevliN

Really? That's pretty bad :P I have 1200+ songs, like 4 movies and just like 100MB of random apps on my iPod Touch. 8GB. I consider that to be quite good specially since I still have 1.27GBs free space.
Wow, nice! I dunno why mine are taking up so much space then. I guess this proves the point even more!

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum