Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Can someone hack your game so you drop out?
Can someone hack your game so you drop out?
Mar 29 2009, 3:58 am
By: Zantranzaspo  

Mar 29 2009, 3:58 am Zantranzaspo Post #1

Is it possible for someone to hack your game so that you lose connection to B.net in the middle of games?
I have been dropping out of most games that i have been playing for a couple of days now, but when i check my net connection, it doesn't appear to have dropped out itself.
If it is possible, how could it happen and how could it be fixed?

Thanks

None.

Mar 29 2009, 4:01 am Biophysicist Post #2

It's possible. Only way to make it stop is to not play games with hackers.

None.

Mar 29 2009, 4:06 am Zantranzaspo Post #3

So if i join a game that has a hacker in it and they drop me, is that the only time they can do it? Or is there a program that they get to drop you in all of your games regardless of whether there is a hacker or not?

None.

Mar 29 2009, 4:55 am Falkoner Post #4

They can only drop you if you're in the same game as them, otherwise they don't have a direct enough connection with you to cause you to desync.

None.

Apr 12 2009, 12:52 am Heinermann Post #5

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Quote from Zantranzaspo
Is it possible for someone to hack your game so that you lose connection to B.net in the middle of games?
I have been dropping out of most games that i have been playing for a couple of days now, but when i check my net connection, it doesn't appear to have dropped out itself.

Thanks

Not possible. Your connection to Battle.net is seperate from the connection with peers for the game. You can be forced to drop from those peers only, but only because they hacked their own game, not yours.

Apr 15 2009, 6:10 am MANight Post #6

Quote from Heinermann
Quote from Zantranzaspo

Thanks

Not possible. Your connection to Battle.net is seperate from the connection with peers for the game. You can be forced to drop from those peers only, but only because they hacked their own game, not yours.

acutally, us hackers have been discussing some options to doing that :rolleyes:

more on topic: hackers can only drop you when they are in a game with you *as for now*.
basically, how they implement a drop hack on you is by exploiting the packets starcraft uses to comunicate with each others players respective sides of the game.
for instance, if a player pauses a game on there side, that player will send packets to the other players registering that the player has paused the game.
same goes for saving and alot of other things.

now for the fun part. how a drop hack works is simple in ideal. they send a "fake" packet to your computer through SC that will register an action, causing your side to do it, but the other players will not register it. this creates the drop. since players 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 dont recive a packet (you being player 8), they will not recive the action this means when you recive the action. your the only one that will use the action and thus you drop from the game.

oh and also, there are many more things you can do using packets worse then drop hacking ;o.

also there is now publically realsed drophacks so ur best bet is an anti-drop for the pause drophacking method (yes there is obviously more then 1 method) thats your best bet ;o any more questions in regard just pm me.

None.

Apr 15 2009, 7:59 am Falkoner Post #7

There honestly is no way to do so, anything you could possibly send a player online is client-side and not shared between players, the only even *slight* sort of drophack you could do to someone from outside would be if the map was already taylored with EUDs to drop a person given a certain whisper.

None.

Apr 16 2009, 9:36 am Riney Post #8

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Falkoner

There honestly is no way to do so, anything you could possibly send a player online is client-side and not shared between players, the only even *slight* sort of drophack you could do to someone from outside would be if the map was already taylored with EUDs to drop a person given a certain whisper.

Damnation 666 ring a bell? Drop hacks been around however have gone completely underground / payment required.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Apr 16 2009, 11:56 pm MANight Post #9

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Quote from Falkoner

Damnation 666 ring a bell? Drop hacks been around however have gone completely underground / payment required.

acutally, i know two sites that have public working drop hacks ;o

and i didnt hack when damnation was out... too bad though i heard it was a good hack...

also for your comment falknor. i myself just thought of this but basically, youd send the packet that refers the string "your connection to bnet has been lost" then either do,
1. use a pause or save drophack packet to implement a fake "disconnect" save would probly be best imo.
2. flood there rourter to make them lag then null drop them.

would be the best selection to that... although youd have to hide the first packet from bnet because i think its sent via bnet not your own although i could be wrong ;o.

edit: oh and also it wouldnt disconnect them from bnet afterwords.

None.

Apr 21 2009, 6:02 pm Heinermann Post #10

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Flooding uses far too many resources and is impractical.

The best drophack method would be to append an additional game command ("pause" being one of the easiest to use) to a specific player. A "fake packet" can just be ignored if the game checksum is incorrect (Although Starcraft doesn't check this).

Besides, since most people don't have protection, you could just use SNetDropPlayer from storm.dll. It's easy and very basic, though reported slightly unstable, possibly because of improper use.

"You hackers" (MANight) probably don't know up from down when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Apr 21 2009, 6:26 pm ClansAreForGays Post #11

Yeah, they're cheaters, not hackers.

Apr 21 2009, 8:13 pm Alzarath Post #12

Praetor

I was once a hacker. It was alright, but it SERSIOUSLY took the fun out of the game not only for me, but for other people as well. I just suggest not hacking at all, it's pointless.. The only real hacks people should use are that make use of exploits that could help improve the gaming experience. This includes dl hacks (that shows dl status always), build anywhere hacks (for RP's), and simple stuff, nothing like drop hacks, map hacks, stat hacks, or multi-command hacks. Just think of it guys, what do you find more enjoyment out of? Owning some noobs? Or owning some noobs using cheap, unwanted tactics? I myself would much rather have the glory of kicking peoples ass fair and square. Hacking/Cheating actually decreases your skill level.

None.

Apr 21 2009, 8:20 pm IskatuMesk Post #13

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Zantranzaspo

Thanks

First time I played on battle.net with a friend of mine in YEARS and a guy drop hacked his friend out and then one of his friends spoofed his name and came in under that name (in the lobby). Then we owned the both of them.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 23 2009, 5:23 am MANight Post #14

Quote from Heinermann
Flooding uses far too many resources and is impractical.

The best drophack method would be to append an additional game command ("pause" being one of the easiest to use) to a specific player. A "fake packet" can just be ignored if the game checksum is incorrect (Although Starcraft doesn't check this).

Besides, since most people don't have protection, you could just use SNetDropPlayer from storm.dll. It's easy and very basic, though reported slightly unstable, possibly because of improper use.

"You hackers" (MANight) probably don't know up from down when it comes to this sort of stuff.

save command is your best bet, because all players can use save >.> +its less detectable imo.

The best drophack method would be to append an additional game command
hence what i said up there (pause//save and a few others i didnt mention...)
A "fake packet" can just be ignored if the game checksum is incorrect
by fake packet i ment it being that only that player recives the packet.

and as for the flooding, an old friend uses that method... idk exactly how well it works. he made it in python. which i dont think has ever been used for SC hacks that are public. could be wrong though.

edit: also we wernt talking about drophacks in particular we were talking about disconnection from bnet via packets. which would be obviously fake to the other player after the game if they have had that message before...

None.

Apr 23 2009, 5:36 am Falkoner Post #15

save command is your best bet, because all players can use save >.> +its less detectable imo.

?? Not all players can use save..?

Also, it looks like the majority of the drop hacks nowadays desync players by making them think the hacker has dropped, when they haven't.

None.

Apr 23 2009, 7:00 am MANight Post #16

all players can use save, when host leaves the save action is given to another player OR all players (not entirly sure) thus corrsponding to all players can use the save command...

as for the hacker being dropped, that my good friend is either /win (forces everyone to leave the game and creates lag box for the other players) or, its gamehang
(puts lag box up and claims to not be able to drop you) i belive its /win in one of the more advance drop hacks ;o
also you can set others rally points with that hack... and a couple other things ^.^

None.

Options
  Back to forum