Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: The City of Secrets
The City of Secrets
Mar 19 2009, 1:47 am
By: FooFighters  

Mar 20 2009, 10:51 pm FooFighters Post #21

@ Havok, thanks for the info you have given me... i'm will take the account into consideration about unit shots and that... i will change the amount of bullets used per kill [which will be easy since someone posted a unit death thing... i hope]
I'm also working on that bug for the dropship... currently the version i got [with fixed music bug] has it so it goes back in istantly without being used...

@ Pigy, EUD's... i dont know how to use em, or how to make em work for Multiplayer... if u find this thing about workable multiplayer EUD's tell me, and provide some info about how to use em... i already came so far into this map to make it singleplayer for EUD's...

@ other people, I need to search my mind for some original ideas to implement into my map... i already came up with an original storyline... i think... i never heard of this story before i produced it... except for zombies... but i got my own way of how they come around... -Evil Laugh-

None.

Mar 20 2009, 10:53 pm HavoK Post #22

If you need help with the item being used right off the start just let me know!

None.

Mar 20 2009, 10:59 pm FooFighters Post #23

Gotcha, i'll post the updated one, so you can take a look at it... i hope you can fix it, i still got no help from anyone else yet

None.

Mar 21 2009, 1:08 am HavoK Post #24

No worries man! I'll see what I can do! :D

None.

Mar 21 2009, 1:53 am FooFighters Post #25

Don't worry, i found it, i was using too much complications in my triggers, i simplified it, and fixed it by using switches... so i can now update the map, once i fix the text display, and some sound effects of the new ammo system

None.

Mar 21 2009, 3:34 am Pigy_G Post #26

Look at a map idea's stealer!
"Halloween Priest"
Admit it!

What's wrong with using good ideas from a map that is never played anymore?

None.

Mar 21 2009, 5:36 am HavoK Post #27

Oh... Idea... I thought it was a stolen map for a second... Lol! Phew scared me!

Anyways, good luck on your map man! I hope it turns out good! And just remember, if you need a tester I'll definitely do it! :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2009, 5:55 am by HavoK.

None.

Mar 21 2009, 12:36 pm Pigy_G Post #28

Anyways, good luck on your map man! I hope it turns out good! And just remember, if you need a tester I'll definitely do it!

You too!

None.

Mar 21 2009, 1:59 pm Vi3t-X Post #29

I forgot to mention.

Why does holding a different weapon increase the amount of hits you can take?

None.

Mar 21 2009, 4:36 pm Pigy_G Post #30

Why does holding a different weapon increase the amount of hits you can take?

I said same thing.. maybe on different thread by havok or something. But I said it.

None.

Mar 21 2009, 4:43 pm Symmetry Post #31

Dungeon Master

Download link is broken?

And for the record: The M1A1 Thompson is a submachine gun, not a machine gun. And why would one be using one in 2012? The US stopped using them in 1971, and I doubt any other countries still use them today. Unless it fits into your story somehow.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 21 2009, 5:39 pm FooFighters Post #32

I'll try to fix my download link... FIXED

I didnt know they discontuniued the A-1 Thompson Rifle for the U.S.... i just looked at this site containing info about guns, and that was the one that i picked out cause it can hold 1-100, but 30 bullets is fine in that thing. Plus, i use a 32-Special when i go deer hunting, and people are telling me they dont make em anymore, i'm lucky at that...

And, why do the units have different health... for balancing. If a shotty had more health, it would be nearly unstoppable...
and if the smg guy had less health, he would be killable real easily. so yeah...

None.

Mar 21 2009, 10:35 pm HavoK Post #33

Just a suggestion... But when your making a Terran Marine a weapon, I would recommend making him a M16A4. The M16A4 fires in 3 burst shots, as does the Terran Marine... Makes sense right?

None.

Mar 21 2009, 11:43 pm FooFighters Post #34

So, your saying i should use the M16A4? and not have to change around my machine gun stuff?

EDIT: I need some feedback about my ammo system now, i dont think i can continue unless i know exactly what about it... [i'm also going tohave it so it sets to 0 ammo when you kill the bosses {After i get some feedback}]
EDIT 2: I'm reverting back to my original ammo system, but instead of just one sound, it is how many it takes to kill the unit [not for bosses though] Also, the bosses will set you to 0 ammo, and when u killem, u have to reload FAST because zombies will spawn... I'm using it for the first boss so far, and i might not do it for other bosses, but still...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 30 2009, 10:44 pm by FooFighters.

None.

Options
  Back to forum