Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Super Starcraft Modders Brawl!
Super Starcraft Modders Brawl!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 2 2009, 10:42 pm
By: ForTheSwarm
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Feb 3 2009, 10:28 pm A_of-s_t Post #21

aka idmontie

It's .js files... Javascript. But, I'd really look into how to write a .js file since it makes life a lot easier. Hence how I was able to code my Science Vessel in one hour.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Feb 4 2009, 12:37 am Biophysicist Post #22

Hey, FTS, can I get special permission to modify the Broodling's iscript? I just need to make Blings attack air as well as ground, or my superspecialawesomesauce summoner will be a lot less superspecialawesomesauce.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:38 am ForTheSwarm Post #23

Sorry, no special permission. However, if you want it, I will give the Carrier a regular attack so you can mod the carrier's attack.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:44 am Biophysicist Post #24

Darn. Oh well, that's what I was expecting, anyway. I'll just give the Interceptor a stronger air-to-air spell to make up for it.

Also, can you put a trigger that constantly sets the Carrier to 8 Intercepters? I'll make my spells randcondjmp 4 to make up for that...

And giving the Carrier a normal attack doesn't work, as far as I can tell. Not to mention that it wouldn't help...

None.

Feb 4 2009, 1:53 am ForTheSwarm Post #25

OK, but I'll be closely scanning the interceptors for balance issues.

On a side note, BSTRhino is back. link

None.

Feb 4 2009, 2:11 am Heinermann Post #26

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

I claim the Observer for kicks.

Feb 4 2009, 3:30 am EzDay281 Post #27

BSTRhino=pure win. He was as good at iscript as IskatuMesk, if not better.

The below attachment has Zerg, Terran, Protoss, and Ultimate Doom, along with all the js and icc files. PLAY THEM FOR GREAT INJUSTICE.
Pff. Most of his stuff was just overlay spam. Boring. D: I don't doubt he could have done some obscene awesomes, but the Doom mods ...

None.

Feb 4 2009, 3:36 am Biophysicist Post #28

Quote from Heinermann
I claim the Observer for kicks.
No cloakers.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 3:39 am ForTheSwarm Post #29

Cloakers are allowed now. All units are to be made detectors in order to make it fair. This also means that Optical Flare will be b&.

Also, TZ, I could have made my Stealthlisk invisible without grp editing.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 3:59 am Biophysicist Post #30

...Optical Flare is just as dangerous with or without universal detection... It actually should have been b& from the start.

Giving everything Detector is a good idea, me support.

EDIT: Will my Intercepters and Broodlings get Detector?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 4 2009, 4:13 am by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 4:19 am Heinermann Post #31

You should probably ban consume, considering you can force it on other players' units.

Also, is there an example script that follows all the rules?

Feb 4 2009, 4:23 am Biophysicist Post #32

Look at the OP, it has been changed a lot, and a lot of the rules went away.

None.

Feb 4 2009, 5:09 am Heinermann Post #33

Isn't randcondjump 32 a bit excessive? My unit casts its spells so quickly it makes it look like a big pile of riggedness. Although my unit does have low HP and could easily kill itself. >.>

What about the death animation. Is the immobile spell-casting iscript/image still allowed when the unit is dead?

Feb 4 2009, 5:14 am Biophysicist Post #34

What "immobile spellcasting iscript/image"? (Asking to expand my iscript knowlege.)

You don't neccessarily need to use 32 for your randcondjmp if that makes it rigged, I'm using 4 (or maybe even 3)...

None.

Feb 4 2009, 5:16 am A_of-s_t Post #35

aka idmontie

Quote from Heinermann
Isn't randcondjump 32 a bit excessive? My unit casts its spells so quickly it makes it look like a big pile of riggedness. Although my unit does have low HP and could easily kill itself. >.>

What about the death animation. Is the immobile spell-casting iscript/image still allowed when the unit is dead?
Images that persist after a unit is dead usually crash the game -- at least for me the ALWAYS do :P

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 7 2009, 2:13 am A_of-s_t Post #36

aka idmontie

BTW, I found out that my unit crashes in particular cases, I'll be updating it when I make my Lurker unit. For a quick fix, just change the Death animation to have a "wait 7" in it somewhere.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 7 2009, 2:16 am ForTheSwarm Post #37

What's the cause?

None.

Feb 7 2009, 2:19 am A_of-s_t Post #38

aka idmontie

A persisting image from it's attack will cause the game to crash after 30 seconds when it dies during the middle of an attack. Really simple to fix, I just completely forgot about it.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Feb 14 2009, 12:33 pm Biophysicist Post #39

This is a reminder that all scripts are due today. The battle is tomorrow.

Also, you should make sure you know how to convert from your time to CST so you don't miss the battle or come really early.

None.

Feb 14 2009, 1:43 pm Fisty Post #40

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
This is a reminder that all scripts are due today. The battle is tomorrow.
BRAWLERS! START...YOUR...ENGINES!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum