Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Best Starcraft roleplay creator awards
Best Starcraft roleplay creator awards
Feb 1 2009, 5:40 am
By: lSHaDoW-FoXl
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Polls
The best Rp maker?
The best Rp maker?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Shmidley 15

39%
Laura 2

6%
None.
Excalibur 6

16%
None.
Admiral_Ramirez 0

0%
None.
Sie_Sayoka 1

3%
Volcolve99 2

6%
Leader-Mad 1

3%
None.
CMSF-FEVER 1

3%
None.
Vrael 11

29%
Natalya 0

0%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 39 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Feb 5 2009, 7:19 pm Esponeo Post #61

I have altered the outcome of every meaningful poll this website has ever had.

None.

Feb 5 2009, 7:28 pm Vrael Post #62

Quote from Vrael
Long before Vrael Shmidley did variable speeds.
What map besides Lathirion had variable speeds? I've seen ones with different numbers of unit per spawn before, but I don't recall a variable speed before. I thought I was the first with that, I could be wrong though.

What map was it shmidley?

have altered the outcome of every meaningful poll this website has ever had.
lol @ meaningful

None.

Feb 5 2009, 7:51 pm lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #63

I quite agree, however you must admit this topic sure lasted...and hell, it even had a lot of pages. I'll probably have another one of my annoying reward things, expect to see it in the Null section =/.

None.

Feb 5 2009, 7:55 pm Esponeo Post #64

lol @ meaningful
read: Polls relevant to me.

What map was it Shmidley?
1. Tell Vrael about a feature.
2. Vrael says its stupid and useless.
3. Vrael implements said feature.
4. Vrael talks about this awesome new feature he has invented.
5. Facepalm.

None.

Feb 5 2009, 8:09 pm Demented Shaman Post #65

Well, there's at least one legit post for Shmidley -- mine. I was the first one to vote for him :)

None.

Feb 5 2009, 8:13 pm Vrael Post #66

read: Polls relevant to me
still lol @ meaningful

1. Tell Vrael about a feature.
2. Vrael says its stupid and useless.
3. Vrael implements said feature.
4. Vrael talks about this awesome new feature he has invented.
5. Facepalm.
Right. I guess you're implying I stole it from you? Only problem is, if you're referring to variable speeds, I didn't get that from you. Maybe it's in another map, but I didn't take it from some other map. Teleports maybe, if you were referring to those, darisen had them first, but the idea isn't yours either anyway lol. As for 1, since when do I speak with you? Once, a long time ago after I made feyvern? As for 2, I may have said that about variable location sizes. 4, since when do we talk enough for you to claim something like that? The ideas for teleports and variable speeds actually arose from a conversation with a friend of mine, a long time before I ever met you. But really, what map had variable speeds? I just want to know.

None.

Feb 5 2009, 9:11 pm Esponeo Post #67

I guess you're implying I stole it from you?
You stole received the idea from me, among countless others. Presently, your innovations are limited to static special effects.

But really, what map had variable speeds? I just want to know.
Stars' End, Antigone, Darisen SE, Hevante, Tacala, Antioch SE, St. Marissa

None.

Feb 6 2009, 12:03 am Vrael Post #68

You stole received the idea from me, among countless others. Presently, your innovations are limited to static special effects.
I told you where I received the idea, from a friend of mine while I was making feyvern. You don't have the only brain in the universe, despite how much you'd like to think that. And what countless others? There are only so many features in an rp. Maybe you're right and I jacked some of your stuff, okay, my bad. All maps are the exclusive property of blizzard entertainment anyway.

Stars' End, Antigone, Darisen SE, Hevante, Tacala, Antioch SE, St. Marissa
Thanks. Never played any of these, (or if I have, it was for such a short time that I don't remember) lol. Only ones I heard of are antigone, antioch and darisen. Are they all yours?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 6 2009, 12:15 am by Vrael.

None.

Feb 6 2009, 7:13 pm Esponeo Post #69

Maybe you're right and I jacked some of your stuff, okay, my bad.
I have willingly informed you of several features. You have informed me of several features. This is called sharing. The goal is to promote a higher standard of map. It is merely disappointing that your mind is so broken.

None.

Feb 6 2009, 11:36 pm Vrael Post #70

An accurate response to your last post would require a discussion much like the one we had about mocking, and I really don't feel like it. Or perhaps I'm clinically insane like you suggested before.
Sure, sharing yadda yadda, my mind is broken yadda yadda

None.

Feb 7 2009, 2:28 am Esponeo Post #71

Every word that ever leaves your mouth will now be considered trolling, forever.

None.

Feb 7 2009, 3:13 pm Dungeon-Master Post #72

huh yea.... well.... voted Vrael...
I loved Feyvern and... hum... well I feel like I am getting myself between Esponeo and Vrael... anyway, nice rp's vrael

None.

Feb 8 2009, 3:57 am Sie_Sayoka Post #73

Ehem.. hopefully I can clear my name from some of these accusations.

Quote from Esponeo
Sie_Sayoka is along the lines of 0blivion, a joker using stolen triggers who creates maps in minutes by slapping down square terrain randomly.
How are my triggers stolen? I have created all my maps from scratch.

Quote from lSHaDoW-FoXl
First I shall begin with Sie Sayoka. I my self wasn't quite sure if I shoudl've placed him/her there, because you are quite right about Sie Sayoka having a history in stealing maps. I recall once when Sie Sayoka stole a map from a friend of mine, my friend who made Zombie Apocalypse. This map Sie Sayoka changed its name to "Undead City." and did nothing else.
I have never stolen any map. Ever. Unfortunately for you, your friend Mp)legend/Life2Death was the liar/map stealer. Which you can all find in this handy post.

Quote from Esponeo
ALSO though, from what I assume Sie Sayoka was the first person to use DA spawners, and even more so 3D terrain. It's arguable that anyone that used any terrain even a bit 3D (like Age Of Skorm and Vrael) at least borrowed the idea from Sie. That aside, Laura I find has a perfect reason.
Sayoka is not capable of making the innovations you have credited him with. The Dark Archon spawners were not his idea.
They both were my ideas, I have not seen any dark archon spawners anywhere or extended terrain withing RPs prior. I do not take credit for being the first to think of these but they were not borrowed ideas.

Now looking back on my maps I cannot say that they were that great. I was around 14 at that time and just wanted to create RPs that were different from the norm. So I hope this clears things up.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2009, 7:21 am by Sie_Sayoka.

None.

Feb 8 2009, 5:42 am Esponeo Post #74

How are my triggers stolen? I have created all my maps from scratch.
This is probably true. We exaggerate because we hate your maps so much.

Now looking back on my maps I cannot say that they were that great. I was around 14 at that time and just wanted to create RPs that were different from the norm. So I hope this clears things up.
Sayoka -may- be a nice guy. The jury is still out.

None.

Feb 8 2009, 7:38 am lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #75

I can assume there'll be more comments. If the moderator/Admin wishes, you may close this topic (as to avoid random furthermore bitching) As for the Undead City, I will have to check up on that furthermore. And I at last wish to notify Shmid on how you were calling me ignorant, yet you're the one that used false information, only because of your bias hate towards Sie's maps. Both immature and simply biased.

That Aside though, I wish to also complain on how this topic changed into Shmid picking fights with everyone, and he's the same person that said ''Vrael is flame troller" (or something like that.) However, I must say I'm quite intrigued to see all the roleplayers that use Staredit.net, and all the ones which came to this forum. *Shmidley, Laura, Excalibur, Sie Sayoka, Vrael*

To further my intrigue, all these people are both Rp Map Makers and members of Sen. And to close this topic entirely with at least something of meaning I wish to state SENETTES who made maps which lasted.

Antiem Rp Woodlands - Shmid

This map if I'm correct was hosted more then Shmids Treboria. That aside, I my self never took the most intrigue in this, I always found the spawning area slightly cluttered. To continue furthermore, I don't think I saw much of a difference between the two if I recall correctly. And Also, this map isn't exactly hosted too much, it's more like something that you see time after time but never goes away.

Laura -

Station 37, as I stated previously, this map was the one which opposed Gerp 4.0. This map though was quite hit or miss, you either liked it or you didn't. A lot of people of course though, aren't smart enough to admit that. Instead they just say ''IT SUCKS" like a five year old brat. Aside from Station 37 being hosted a lot it also was the first Installation Roleplay.

Excalibur -

Josrestal -

This map is hosted time after time. It's quite good due to how the natural terrain looked in ill natural parts. Aside from that, this Roleplay also had terrain that was unique and not either a Sie wanna be or a Phantom wanna be, which most rps seem to be lately.

Sie Sayoka -

Mrekalis.

Out of Sie's maps this one was probably the one which lasted the longest. Mrekalis Rp I find was annoying on how horribly the units were, I always disdained on how most of the Hero Units weren't actually heroes. However, Mrekalis rp was probably the best modern rp. Mrekalis Rp was ripped off three times, and it blew Urban Warfare to hell. However, that's not saying much because Urban warfare definitely wasn't anything spectacular.

That all aside though, it was very creative at the time. And their were definitely a lot of people that tried to rip off Sie Sayokas style.

Vrael -

Feyvern.

I always see Feyvern being hosted more then Lathirion some reason, I don't know why but I just do. Feyvern as I stated before is basically "The New Ticondera." and it's even better to say this map has the best triggers found in roleplay.

None.

Feb 8 2009, 9:03 am Vrael Post #76

Don't call me a SENETTE, SEN-ER would be more appriopriate to the gender. ;)
Thanks for inclusion into this though. On a related note, would a real "The New Ticondera" be worthwhile? It would be rather easy to import the triggers from Feyvern, as I assume that a more "advanced" options area is all that it's lacking, for not being played often anymore.

None.

Feb 8 2009, 5:33 pm lSHaDoW-FoXl Post #77

Didn't you already make a Ticondera 2.00 though? (Which is Ticondera with Lathi triggers.)

None.

Feb 8 2009, 9:16 pm Vrael Post #78

Yea I made it, just never really bothered to spread it. Was asking if t would be worth it to spread I guess. (When I posted last I had actually forgotten I made it already lol)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum