Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: New grid system
New grid system
Dec 23 2008, 2:42 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Dec 25 2008, 4:51 am Biophysicist Post #21

Quote from scwizard
Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
I'd recommend a cloaked Scourge - You can cloak Scourges, right?
:sleep:

Just give up for now. The future will bring more inspiration, and eventually you might hit actual gold (as opposed to fools gold).

So... You're going to keep insulting/flaming me in a stupid manner, instead of replying (in either a positive or negative way) to my post, where I more or less shot down your reasons for the idea not being useful?

None.

Dec 25 2008, 3:20 pm ForTheSwarm Post #22

You can cloak scourges by d/e/e a larva and then when the larva turns into 2 scourges they'll be cloaked.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 26 2008, 1:10 am by ForTheSwarm.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 1:04 am Vrael Post #23

Quote from scwizard
:sleep: Just give up for now. The future will bring more inspiration, and eventually you might hit actual gold (as opposed to fools gold).

Just giving up never works. Someone may find this very helpful.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 7:40 pm Biophysicist Post #24

I just thought of a way to do this without the terrainfuck!!!!!111oneoneone

What I was thinking is, you preplace eight Observers in a ring around the unit, each one belonging to a different extended player. You can detect the movement of the tracked unit by detecting if there is an Observer over it and which player it belongs to. (Bring condition.) Then, you use the burrowed edge units to make the Observers mirror the movements of the tracked unit. You should try to get the Observers as close to the center of the tracked unit as you can without them glitching up when they are move-ordered. This would probably only be effective for slow units like Zealots; fast units might move faster then the system could track them. (You could also use cloaked Scourge if Observers are too slow.)

Or maybe you could create 8 Scourges above the unit (each for a different extended player), and when the tracked moves, use the edge units to make the Scourges move in each of the eight main directions, and detect which one flies over the tracked unit (Brings condition). That should also tell you in which direction it moved. Of course, you might run into problems with the Scourges not creating properly.

Devilisk just pointed out a problem with this which would make it unusable. *facepalms*

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 26 2008, 8:06 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: I facepalm a lot, it seems.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 7:52 pm Falkoner Post #25

Now it just sounds the same as a normal grid..

None.

Dec 26 2008, 7:55 pm Biophysicist Post #26

<plz delete>

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 26 2008, 8:07 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: Devilisk pointed out an epic glitch...

None.

Options
  Back to forum