Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help with Switches
Help with Switches
Dec 23 2008, 4:47 am
By: mitchellsalad  

Dec 25 2008, 6:54 pm NudeRaider Post #21

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Wormer
Quote from scwizard
I seriously didn't read your wall of text, so could you post saying what your main concern is (preferable tersely).
You're disappointing me :ermm: I've tried my best to write that... and spent much time, effort and imagination... I thought it should be interesting for people out there. Probably I was mistaken.

First, I dont understand why Zhuinden says that your system shows the text to everyone, cause it's not.

Second, I dont understand the point of wait in Ahli's triggers.

The third... well, I just ask you, probably it will get you interested.

Have you thought about such situations when one player is allied to another and that another is not allied with the first? In what particular situations do you think the message should be displayed? Should the message be displayed if the exp has changed his owner (both are your enemies) in case that there was not a moment when your foes have broght 0 buildings?

The notion of nonsymmetry of ally relation have an interesting consequences which I am discussing. Ideas of new maps could be based on these property.

On the topic, I found Ahli's method quite interesting and have shown the particular situation when your and his system are working differently.
Honestly Wormer, considering scwizard already presented a working solution (yes, it works!) I also didn't read your post. I know that it's disappointing as I know you spent quite some time and effort on it, but that's just the way it is. It was indeed too long to read.

Scwiz's solution does not display it to ALL players, but to ALL players that are not allied to the one taking the expo (and thus can't see themselves) which should suffice.

The wait in Ahlis triggers is supposed to wait with setting the switch until all players have received their message. Keep in mind first are ALL triggers of P1 checked, then ALL of P2, etc.

Dec 25 2008, 9:46 pm Wormer Post #22

Ah, okay :) no problem. I am sometimes too meticulous, should give up this bad habbit. This was not supposed to give a solution to the problem but it was an attempt to analyse the problem itself. The wrong place probably... but I find it entertaining :)

The wait in Ahlis triggers is supposed to wait with setting the switch until all players have received their message. Keep in mind first are ALL triggers of P1 checked, then ALL of P2, etc.
Thanks for the explanation! My bad :omfg:

Scwiz's solution does not display it to ALL players, but to ALL players that are not allied to the one taking the expo (and thus can't see themselves) which should suffice.
It is not displaying the message when the exp has changed his owners both of whom are your enemies (in some cases) :bleh: But I know you say it is not supposed to display and will be right!

Some.

Options
  Back to forum