Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Open Source Maps?
Open Source Maps?
Sep 20 2007, 10:17 pm
By: Akar  

Oct 14 2007, 12:04 am MadZombie Post #21

a contest with a template? u should really do this :D for some noobish map makers like myself =)

btw random question, but is it wrong to use osmap to use sounds from maps into ur own? becuase i know some of those .wavs were made by the mapmakers themselves.

None.

Oct 14 2007, 2:22 am Akar Post #22

I find my main focus in mapping revolves around helping noob mappers such as your self become more experienced.

None.

Oct 14 2007, 3:27 am AntiSleep Post #23

Quote from MadZombie
a contest with a template? u should really do this :D for some noobish map makers like myself =)

btw random question, but is it wrong to use osmap to use sounds from maps into ur own? becuase i know some of those .wavs were made by the mapmakers themselves.
You should ask their permission.

None.

Nov 4 2007, 2:02 pm Viii_iiiV Post #24

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from MadZombie

Legally you are not obliged (or at least not in the UK).

Though the use of the word "wrong" makes me think you are asking a moral question, so I cannot help you.

None.

Nov 4 2007, 2:02 pm Viii_iiiV Post #25

Dual post.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 8:20 pm iXenox Post #26

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from MadZombie

To use what they stole from another game or artist? LOL. Simply converting a file to work nicely in SC doesn't make it yours. Hell if people wanted, they could bust half you for copyright infringement.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 8:50 pm Akar Post #27

All maps are blizzard's property. However, taking something someone made and claiming that you made it... is plagiarism. It isn't that you're claiming the property, you're crediting yourself for making the map.

None.

Nov 12 2007, 11:56 am AntiSleep Post #28

Quote from iXenox
Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from MadZombie

To use what they stole from another game or artist? LOL. Simply converting a file to work nicely in SC doesn't make it yours. Hell if people wanted, they could bust half you for copyright infringement.
Read before posting plox.

None.

Options
  Back to forum