Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: This is why SC2 is taking so damn long
This is why SC2 is taking so damn long
Dec 14 2008, 3:09 pm
By: chuiu
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 29 2008, 4:06 am Echo Post #21

I went to best buy. You can preorder it, for the release on Feb. LOL.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 5:11 am chuiu Post #22

For the eight billionth time, THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE UNTIL BLIZZARD ANNOUNCES IT THEMSELVES.

Dec 29 2008, 8:03 am Red2Blue Post #23

There's a lot of pressure on the developers for this game. It's likely that are just being extra careful...

None.

Dec 29 2008, 10:09 am KrayZee Post #24

Quote from chuiu
For the eight billionth time, THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE UNTIL BLIZZARD ANNOUNCES IT THEMSELVES.
At least I'm not the only one who knows.

I hate how pre-orders work.
They place a random release date of a game with an undetermined release date, then they earn millions of dollars years before the game ever came out. They actually earn money before the game publisher. Official word > Anonymous dates or leaked. Quit getting your hopes up, people. Don't make stores like Best Buy rush your money. And it's unbelievable that Best Buy had placed StarCraft II for $60 where majority of PC games generally costs $50 at release.

None.

Dec 29 2008, 2:47 pm BeDazed Post #25

Good profit. Thats how marketing works.

None.

Jan 5 2009, 4:39 am vargeux Post #26

ATM Blizzard are working much more on Wrath of the Lich King and Diablo III than Starcraft 2...unfortunately
and we still odn't know when is the release, as you can see in the FAQ of Starcraft 2 website
still have dun with the 1st XD, still the best game ever...for me

Jan 5 2009, 4:12 pm DevliN Post #27

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from name:Starford
ATM Blizzard are working much more on Wrath of the Lich King and Diablo III than Starcraft 2...unfortunately
and we still odn't know when is the release, as you can see in the FAQ of Starcraft 2 website
still have dun with the 1st XD, still the best game ever...for me
Technically Blizzard has teams for each game, it's not like everyone stops work on one thing and goes to another.

They're more focused on Diablo 3 than anything right now, but that's only because Wrath has been released and now its team is taking care of all the upcoming patches and such. And StarCraft 2, from what I hear, is basically done. It just needs some more testing and some polishing before it'll be released.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 5 2009, 11:51 pm KrayZee Post #28

Quote from DevliN
And StarCraft 2, from what I hear, is basically done.
It's currently in the Alpha build.

Wings of Liberty could be released months after the beta.

None.

Jan 6 2009, 2:19 am Wakalord Post #29

They aren't focusing on Diablo III, they've already stated that it will be released after SC2. And the beta will begin in early 2009. Blizzard announced it a little over a week ago.

Jan 6 2009, 3:21 am DevliN Post #30

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Wakalord
They aren't focusing on Diablo III, they've already stated that it will be released after SC2. And the beta will begin in early 2009. Blizzard announced it a little over a week ago.
I didn't say it would be released after Diablo 3, I know what order the games will be released in.

I'm just saying they've spent the past couple years working on the pre-production/cinematics for Diablo 3, and the huge team working on D3 is becoming a huge focus for Blizzard. Obviously StarCraft 2 takes priority, since it is almost done. But it is almost done.

And hell, this isn't even taking into account their new MMO.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 6 2009, 7:07 pm Kellimus Post #31

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Wakalord
I didn't say it would be released after Diablo 3, I know what order the games will be released in.

I'm just saying they've spent the past couple years working on the pre-production/cinematics for Diablo 3, and the huge team working on D3 is becoming a huge focus for Blizzard. Obviously StarCraft 2 takes priority, since it is almost done. But it is almost done.

And hell, this isn't even taking into account their new MMO.

What MMO is that?

And honestly.... Who cares? We've waited 11/12 years so far, lets wait another two+!!! :P

None.

Jan 7 2009, 3:23 am KrayZee Post #32

Quote from Kellimus
What MMO is that?

And honestly.... Who cares?
They've announced it before, but they did not announce any detail. That only speculated a rumor of Diablo III as their new "MMO", until that was debunked by Diablo III's announcement.

Secondly, just google "unannounced mmo".

None.

Jan 7 2009, 4:45 am DevliN Post #33

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, they're working on a futuristic MMO. I suppose if someone has to top WoW, it might as well be Blizzard.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 8 2009, 2:17 am Syphon Post #34

Diablo 3 is more done than StarCraft 2....

None.

Jan 8 2009, 3:37 am DevliN Post #35

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Where'd you hear that?

My Overwatch addiction.

Jan 8 2009, 7:24 am Syphon Post #36

Most reports after it was announced.

None.

Jan 9 2009, 6:26 pm Hercanic Post #37

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

I don't understand why anyone would waste their money on preorders. Put the money in the bank while you wait for the real release and earn some goddamn interest instead. *grumble*

Jan 10 2009, 1:58 am TriggR_HappE Post #38

I think we're going to have a repeat of starcraft ghost lol.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:25 am FatalException Post #39

Quote from Kellimus
And honestly.... Who cares? We've waited 11/12 years so far, lets wait another two+!!! :P
But then DTBK wouldn't have to eat his socks! :P
Quote from TriggR_HappE
I think we're going to have a repeat of starcraft ghost lol.
I disagree. People are way more excited for SC2 than SC:G. Blizzard has also released more stuff for Starcraft 2, and I'm pretty sure South Korea would disband the Church of Starcraft if SC2 was cancelled. ;)

None.

Jan 14 2009, 4:12 pm BeDazed Post #40

and I'm pretty sure South Korea would disband the Church of Starcraft if SC2 was cancelled. ;)
Nah.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum