Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: If you could change SC...
If you could change SC...
Nov 29 2008, 8:18 pm
By: RISKED911
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Dec 2 2008, 1:23 am Echo Post #21

I would allow multiple copies of units like warcraft 3. I wouldn't put skins though. More options on map making editors too.

None.

Dec 4 2008, 12:16 am Joker47 Post #22

Bring back EUD''s. There goes half the list.

None.

Dec 4 2008, 11:57 pm KrayZee Post #23

Share control in UMS

None.

Dec 5 2008, 3:07 am Lord Malvanis Post #24

I would give the editor all the features of starforge and SCMDraft combined, plus more.
I would give the editor the ability to do everything modding programs can do.
I would make it so on battle.net you don't have to use hack for special features, the host can just decide what he doesn't want the player using in a list and have everything else available.
you can spoof but there would be an anti-cursing thing, cause I hate it when people come in with stupid crap or curse words in their name.
I would return the two unavailable boxes in the profile but rename "sex" to "gender" so people don't put "IS GOOD" in that box.
I would make the description box bigger (Can't fit all my stuff :(!!!!)
Channels would exceed 60 people and there would be clans with their features already assigned in /code commands instead of having bots.
I would change nothing about the melee gameplay except for two things:
I would add a check box for rushing or not, I hate rushers.
And scouts would cost less because all that money for a fast-dying unit is really bullshit..I'm not spending half of carrier to get a defense unit.

What do you think of my ideas if I were to change starcraft?

None.

Dec 7 2008, 9:50 pm Riney Post #25

Thigh high affectionado

I would make mapping easier, everything else is great.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Dec 7 2008, 10:01 pm Morphling Post #26

I would make it so the editor won't bore me as easily so I could finish a map. :bleh:

None.

Dec 8 2008, 7:28 am Madroc Post #27

Quote from Devourer
Quote from RISKED911
What does sc2 editor do?
ima not able to list all features down here :D
Is it going to be hard to understand like WC3's editor?
Do you have a thread you could refer me to for info on the SC2 editor?

None.

Dec 8 2008, 10:50 pm Grand_dracolich Post #28

I would make Protoss Scouts (and maybe Ghosts) at all useful in melee.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 11:11 pm Decency Post #29

- Ghosts cost 25/100 and deal 30+3 damage.
- Devourers deal splash damage.
- Irradiate costs 100 energy.
- Scouts deal 20+2 damage to both ground and air.
- Add "Infested Protoss" unit, some Zealot/Zergling hybrid like the secret mission in the campaign talks about.
- Queens can infest any severely damaged Terran structure to produce Infested Terrans, any severely damaged Protoss structure to produce Infested Protoss.

None.

Dec 8 2008, 11:15 pm Pigy_G Post #30

I would rename it StarCraft III

None.

Dec 9 2008, 1:55 am RISKED911 Post #31

Quote from Pigy_G
I would rename it StarCraft III
What the hell!? :wtfage: <--(Me being serious.
==================================================================================================================================================================
I will make it so terran buildings hover faster; that you can morph zerg buildings back to drones; and to make it where protos units and buildings costs 10% less. (100 mins for a zealot is BS)

None.

Dec 9 2008, 10:45 pm Grand_dracolich Post #32

For the editor:
-Set Kills action (< Easy kills to cash)
-Add/subtract health/energy/shields action
-Health/energy/shields condition
-Ogg format sound support (Seriously)

None.

Dec 9 2008, 10:47 pm Vi3t-X Post #33

Quote from Lord Malvanis
And scouts would cost less because all that money for a fast-dying unit is really bullshit..I'm not spending half of carrier to get a defense unit.
Thats why you use them in groups.

None.

Dec 9 2008, 11:38 pm Decency Post #34

I've seen only one professional game EVER where scouts in a group were effective. The Terran set up a Tank/Mine contain on Colosseum and the Protoss broke out and kept the Terran from getting turrets with 4-5 Scouts. Why the Terran just didn't get a quick armory and a few Goliaths is beyond me.

Ghosts, Queens, and Devourers you also almost never see in high level play.

None.

Dec 10 2008, 1:33 am MadZombie Post #35

Starcraft
-------
I would bring back Tassadar in dragoon form.
-OR-
Would have scrapped the 'tassadar commits suicide' and instead becomes a Dt with storm, the Dt's perma cloak, and REAL self hallucinations.

Bring back fenix using the same dragoon technology and make ganthridor II

Remove raynors 'lighting' unibrow.

------
EDITOR
------
Add Custom made units.

None.

Dec 10 2008, 3:05 am Grand_dracolich Post #36

Quote from MadZombie
I would bring back Tassadar in dragoon form.

Bring back fenix using the same dragoon technology and make ganthridor II

Tassadar was more or less vaporized in the explosion. Also, dragoon technology requires the host to be... uhh... alive.

None.

Dec 10 2008, 4:49 am BlackWolf99 Post #37

all i want on the editor is the a unit is attacked so if your trying to make zombie maps, instead of killing a zombie you attack it and a gun shot would go also minus a mineral. Also create a unit on a unit trigger so no more grids or somthing like that. and make attack speeds and move speeds also custom units

None.

Dec 13 2008, 1:31 am RISKED911 Post #38

Quote from BlackWolf99
all i want on the editor is the a unit is attacked so if your trying to make zombie maps, instead of killing a zombie you attack it and a gun shot would go also minus a mineral. Also create a unit on a unit trigger so no more grids or somthing like that. and make attack speeds and move speeds also custom units

Like this!?:

Player x

Conditions:
Current unit at location x suffers hp dammage of x.

Actions:
Subtract minerals to x
Preserve trigger.

I'd Totally FREAK if they have that trigger!

Also I would want this action: Add/Subtract hp/ mana/ shield/. BEST ACTION EVER!

This would also be acceptable, CREATE CUSTOM UNITS. Like make your own units in the map editor like using sprites and doing what you do as a videogame programmer and putting it in the game...NOT MODDING!!! Also, it needs a scourge hero. And original heroes like Kerrigans. The only 2 original hero sprites.
Did I mention a medic hero!?

(wow already 38 posts)

None.

Dec 13 2008, 3:38 am Morphling Post #39

Wow. No one has yet to mention adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, squaring, and rooting death counters.
If we had that then my maps that i never finish would be atleast 3000 triggers less and i might actually finish them.

None.

Dec 13 2008, 10:52 pm Black Knight Post #40

I would make the editor better, more locations, unit placements, better triggers

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum