Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Someone know how to conig flag-beaconīs?
Someone know how to conig flag-beaconīs?
Oct 22 2008, 4:41 pm
By: NooBPooB
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 24 2008, 4:15 am stickynote Post #41

However, remove unit and kill unit work on them just fine.
Can you explain that to me?

None.

Oct 25 2008, 2:15 pm NooBPooB Post #42

Just to say something to my own thread. I Solved the problem with nydus canals. Everyone who took 2 minutes to play my map saw how it works and that there are no enemys or sth like this. Its a defence , so most of the answers were totally *for the ass* , sorry ;).... but anyways , no prob anymore , so thanks for the idea with nydus canals even if it doesnīt look as nice as beacons ;)

None.

Oct 25 2008, 5:04 pm Falkoner Post #43

Quote from stickynote
Quote from Falkoner
However, remove unit and kill unit work on them just fine.
Can you explain that to me?

The Kill Unit at Location and Remove Unit at Location do not work, since they are location based, like I said, however, just the Kill Unit and Remove Unit will immediately kill/remove them, however, it just kills all of them, so you can't use it to detect where they are.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 5:48 pm Madroc Post #44

Hey, I just had an idea for detecting the place where you used the scanner sweep with pretty darn good precision.

1. Make observers all around the map, every few squares or so, the more you have, the more accurate it will be
2. Make a location every other screen or so, you would have to test this
3. Create a computer corsair that does 9999 damage in every location and has allied vision to you
4. If you use scanner sweep, hopefully exactly one corsair will go after the circle of observers that was just shown
5. After the corsair stops moving, he has theoretically moved to kill every observer that was detected
6. Center the location on him and that should pretty near the center of the circle since he will move far just far enough so he can hit the observers on the other side of the circle, and thus pretty near to where you used the sweep!

7. Teleport him back and recreate all the observers somehow to refresh the system.

What do you think of this?

None.

Oct 25 2008, 6:05 pm Falkoner Post #45

Good, but visible, and takes too much time :( I think detecting them is a bit of a lost cause, at least detecting them with a usable system..

None.

Oct 25 2008, 6:22 pm Vi3t-X Post #46

4x4 Location.

Layered across map evenly (otherwise 6x6 stacked).

Create burowed zergling at center of locaition.

Create DT at center of location.

Scanner sweep detects Zergling, DT attacks.

Hidden stuff ftw.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 6:26 pm Madroc Post #47

Yeah, you pretty right.

I think the only really usable way of exploiting scanner sweeps is just detecting scanning nothing.

Except, what if you happen to have stations that are several screens apart that have an observer on them and you have a stationary marine there, and when the observer is not there, trigger something specific to that station? That would be a pretty decent exploit.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 7:01 pm Morphling Post #48

You could use two wraiths at the top right and top left of the map and have it visioned to you. Set them to random suicide mission. When you scanner sweep you'll see the observers near it and they will go after it. Find the pixel coordinates of both wraiths and put in the formula Lethal used for FRAGS and you have where you scanner sweeped. A downside is that may take awhile to get the pixel coordinates for accurate results because of the larger map size.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum