Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Someone know how to conig flag-beaconīs?
Someone know how to conig flag-beaconīs?
Oct 22 2008, 4:41 pm
By: NooBPooB
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 23 2008, 6:10 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

Quote from Pigy_G
Just to clear it up I beleive the actual amount of time elapsed for the flag beacons to stop working is 10 minutes. Correct me if i'm wrong.

A lot of people were saying things like 3 and 5 minutes.

i think it's just about the game-speed

speed 7 = 3 minutes or what ever ^^

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 23 2008, 6:46 pm Vi3t-X Post #22

Flying Scourge with a centered location could to the same thing.

Always Center location "SCURGELUL" on 'Scourge"

Player brings at least 1 "Yes, move the units" to location "Yes, move the units confirm"
Move all units at "Unit waiting bay" to location "SCURGELUL"
Preserve Trigger

Its just not as convienent.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 6:49 pm Devourer Post #23

Hello

Quote from Vi3t-X
Flying Scourge with a centered location could to the same thing.

Always Center location "SCURGELUL" on 'Scourge"

Player brings at least 1 "Yes, move the units" to location "Yes, move the units confirm"
Move all units at "Unit waiting bay" to location "SCURGELUL"
Preserve Trigger

Its just not as convienent.

at least I didn't understand that Oo
please be more specific Oo

Oct 23 2008, 6:53 pm Vi3t-X Post #24

A centered location is on a scourge. Hyper triggers make this constant.

In a separate area of the map, there is a unit (preferably hotkeyed).

When the unit is brought to a location (or left out of a location), the trigger activates, moving all units in the loading bay directly under the scourge.

2x2 square, and a unit in a corner. Location is in that corner. Player brings 0 [unit] to that area, trigger activates.
Other one is self explanitory (Beacon system).

None.

Oct 23 2008, 6:57 pm Devourer Post #25

Hello

ok i understand now... so it means it checks before "creating" creep if there is a unit which could block the creeper-colo??
i tihnk you dont need to: if the building cant be moved nothing will happen.... no errors nothing... so... why?^^

btw: we could rename that topic to: how to constantly create creep in an area? :D

Oct 23 2008, 7:04 pm Vi3t-X Post #26

In my map , you have to bring a beacon to a place and then you get a unit.

My point was to address this. The units don't have to be in a loading bay. The triggers could be executed and randomized directly from here.

None.

Oct 23 2008, 7:12 pm Devourer Post #27

Hello

Quote from Vi3t-X
In my map , you have to bring a beacon to a place and then you get a unit.

My point was to address this. The units don't have to be in a loading bay. The triggers could be executed and randomized directly from here.

ohhh... I thought we are just talking about creep @ area systems^^ my fault, sorry....

isnt there anyway to create a cloaked defiler? if yes; use defiler -> swarm^^ but there is no way to detect who casted a darkswarm >.<

Oct 23 2008, 7:14 pm Vi3t-X Post #28

Quote from Devourer
isnt there anyway to create a cloaked defiler? if yes; use defiler -> swarm^^ but there is no way to detect who casted a darkswarm >.<

Technique mastered.

Example: RUSH

Secondary: Corsair, DWeb

None.

Oct 23 2008, 7:17 pm Devourer Post #29

Hello

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from Devourer

Technique mastered.

Example: RUSH

Secondary: Corsair, DWeb

corsair would be a very bad idea... the enemys can see them, and I guess that the enemys should not see where they are going to web/spawn units

maybe use borruw detection?? would also be an idea

Oct 24 2008, 2:23 am Conspiracy Post #30

In Softwerewolfs Beacon Defense, it replaces the beacon before it has the chance to turn into a beacon with a flag. Why don't you try that?

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:29 am Vi3t-X Post #31

Quote from Devourer
corsair would be a very bad idea... the enemys can see them, and I guess that the enemys should not see where they are going to web/spawn units

Use arbiters. Warp them in and out of location.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:32 am Falkoner Post #32

In Softwerewolfs Beacon Defense, it replaces the beacon before it has the chance to turn into a beacon with a flag. Why don't you try that?

We've already provided various answers to his flag problem, but there's no way to fix the beacon's after 10 minutes not being able to move problem.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:34 am stickynote Post #33

Creating all that creep would create a shitload of lag.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:39 am Biophysicist Post #34

I had a system that could detect Scanner Sweeps accurately, to within two or three tiles, using only a few (about 50) units. Unfortunately, I lost it to a virus. I'll see about re-making it, but it'll take a while.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:40 am stickynote Post #35

How do you detect where a scanner sweep is? Can you detect it since it can be placed as a unit?

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:42 am Falkoner Post #36

Command condition can detect it, however, nothing else can, so you don't know WHERE it is..

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:47 am Biophysicist Post #37

No. But if you place a Observers around the map, and create a shitload of Scourges belonging to the player who cast the Scanner Sweep, Scourges near the Sweep will move to attack the Observers, but they won't do so anywhere else because the obs are cloaked. So, if you can figure out where the Scourges suicide, you know where the Sweep is. The problem is that this isn't very accurate and takes a lot of units, so you risk running into map max. My system was more accurate and used a lot less units, but is hard to explain... I'll try to get an example map up soon.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:47 am stickynote Post #38

Well, at least you know they used it. Maybe you can use massive EUD's to detect screen position, then detect mouse position when the scanner sweep was detected.

None.

Oct 24 2008, 2:51 am Biophysicist Post #39

What if they use it on the minimap?

None.

Oct 24 2008, 3:01 am Falkoner Post #40

Yeah, EUDs are kinda out of the question.

I just ran some tests, and my guess is that they weren't coded to work with locations, as any actions or conditions that use locations do not affect them. However, remove unit and kill unit work on them just fine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum