Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: How to change tank's graphic and not crash...
How to change tank's graphic and not crash...
Oct 11 2008, 11:39 pm
By: Angle Lock  

Oct 11 2008, 11:39 pm Angle Lock Post #1

ok.. I want to like change the tank mode of the tank into like valkyrie or somethin and make the siege mode stay the same, but when I try to siege the tank, the game crashes, I know the problem, but I don't know the solution...

and a second question.... How do you modify an existing icon?

say i wanna change the attack icon to like something else crazy...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2008, 11:50 pm by Angle Lock.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 5:27 pm Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

cmdicon.grp for the icons.
And as to the siege tank, how did you change the graphics?

fuck you all

Oct 12 2008, 10:24 pm Hercanic Post #3

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

If the animation script calls for frames that the GRP does not have, it will crash.

Oct 13 2008, 3:14 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

Heranic, thats right... your GRP have to has the same amount of frames as the normal GRP has... because if the game wants to play a not-existing graphic, it'll crash....
just modify the tank GRP and change all graphics to valkyre graphics... can take a while, but it's the only way i think ^^

between:
i tried once to change the subunit of goliath [goliatht.grp]... goliath spawned ; crash... why ever
maybe its the subunit's fault....

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 13 2008, 3:29 pm Hercanic Post #5

Well, you can manually match the Tank's frame count, but that approach is less ideal when you can also just edit the script and change the frame #'s it calls for. I believe the Valkyrie only has one frame + rotation, so you'd just edit any frame call in the tank's script to the first frame if using the Valk GRP.

Oct 13 2008, 4:47 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

1frame = 16 pics [so just u know]

between... is there any good tutorial / topic / page about scbw scripting?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 13 2008, 11:37 pm Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Uh, no...
1 frame = 1 image.
1 frameset = 17 images.

And yes, you can manually match the frames to have the same ammount as to what siege tank does. From what people are assuming is that you don't have the required quantity of frames in this case the "sieging" animation frameset.
You have two choices here, either do some awesome iscripting so that the siege animation recalls only existing frames in your grp or modify your grp to have the exact same number of frames siegetank has.

fuck you all

Oct 15 2008, 1:15 pm Angle Lock Post #8

It still doesn't work.... It still crashes when i siege it.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 1:30 pm Angle Lock Post #9

and i am a newb at IceCC, so...

Hercanic, can u write out how exactly i would put in the iscript?

and which file to decompile....

None.

Oct 16 2008, 12:19 am SubFocus Post #10

Quote from Angle Lock
and i am a newb at IceCC, so...

Hercanic, can u write out how exactly i would put in the iscript?

and which file to decompile....

While it's okay to get someone to type out an iscript for you once in a while if you're completely lost
Please look at the IceCC manual and analyze what the commands do.
It looks harder than it really is.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 12:30 am Angle Lock Post #11

This is the only thing i might require IceCC, my mod was gonna be purely without IceCC.... so...

None.

Oct 16 2008, 12:32 am Symmetry Post #12

Dungeon Master

Trust me, if you learn to use IceCC, you'll be glad you did. It's an incredibly useful tool.

You could start out with our tutorial here.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 16 2008, 11:26 am Angle Lock Post #13

Hehe, I have seen great mods done by IceCC, they got great animation effects, but the one little fault that all of them has is that...

they all stopped attacking after the game runs for a while..

so, i am basing mine purely on stuff other than IceCC...

anywayz, would someone PLEASE... gimme the script for it...?

None.

Oct 17 2008, 1:32 am Hercanic Post #14

No, units do not stop attacking because of IceCC. They might stop producing projectiles if someone made a bad animation that did not remove itself, causing the image limit to be reached.

Options
  Back to forum